Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

IOI nonsense

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm constantly looking for new angles/perspectives when it comes to attraction. One thing I've been thinking about is IOIs. How reliable are they, knowing that females will commonly fake indicators just to get attention, and nothing more? I'm at the point of just ignoring the indicators as nonsense.

Now if a lady starts asking me if I have a woman in my life, or wants exclusivity. Could be a solid indication?

Regards,
Doubting Wifehunter

Serenity

Reaction score
IOI's only indicate interest, even when there's several typical ones they still just indicate and is nowhere near confirmation. Even if there's actual interest it's still just interest, it's nowhere near being hooked. That means they can still turn pretty quickly and you can't make much mistakes.

I would say IOI's are only relevant before the first interaction, to see if there's any good chance when approaching. What makes it difficult are the "fake" ones, it's mostly because it's just the way they automatically behave.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IOIs indicate attraction, not interest. a woman may find you attractive but that doesn't mean she is interested in going out with you. She may be taken or married but still want to know you find her attractive, especially if you look better than her current bf. maybe she will even string you along until you give her he ultimate ego boost and ask her out so she can tell you she is in a relationahio. So yeah IOI doesn't mean interest necessarily.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just know when a woman likes you, for me my heart beats a certain way, I got a tingle in my gut and my penis, and no I'm not trolling, I been paying attention to my body and how it reacts to women and the results.

Reaction score
IOI's are all about interest/attraction/etc.. BUt IOI's are not permanent. You can do something to turn off a girl and those IOI's you experienced earlier can have no substance after that.

IOI's are signs for escalation.. You get enough IOI's, you know you can escalate without resistance. Simple as that.

But when your game is more advanced like mine, and others on here, you don't always wait for IOI's to escalate. But more on that some other time.

yungballa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's one thing I learned while reading one of the posts on these boards, and that's pulling bold moves.

If you pull bold moves and KEEP escalating, their reactions will show how interested they are. No girl that doesn't like you will allow you to escalate, and you making those bold moves will force them to bring out their true level of interest towards you. (I didn't think this up; I read this on this board, credits to whoever thought of this)

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's one thing I learned while reading one of the posts on these boards, and that's pulling bold moves.

If you pull bold moves and KEEP escalating, their reactions will show how interested they are. No girl that doesn't like you will allow you to escalate, and you making those bold moves will force them to bring out their true level of interest towards you. (I didn't think this up; I read this on this board, credits to whoever thought of this)
Yes, I've seen things change after I've consciously started holding eye contact... it seems to take things to a different level.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IOIs indicate attraction, not interest. a woman may find you attractive but that doesn't mean she is interested in going out with you. She may be taken or married but still want to know you find her attractive, especially if you look better than her current bf. maybe she will even string you along until you give her he ultimate ego boost and ask her out so she can tell you she is in a relationahio. So yeah IOI doesn't mean interest necessarily.
Attraction vs. interest. 100% semantics/phrasing and doesn't matter. Only commenting because you were calling someone out.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At this point, I totally ignore IOI's. They're just a buffer to avoid rejection. It gets into the territory of mental masturbation--Oh, she played with her hair, she must like me (even if she doesn't respond any invites but texts 'I miss you' when you ignore her for a week) or This girl won't even look me in the eye, I must not have a chance (even though she might be shy and if you grab her by the hand she might come home with you).

The only real indicator of interest is compliance. So I do what I feel like doing--approach when I feel like approaching, escalate when I feel like escalating, text when I feel like texting, invite her out when I feel like inviting her out. She's free to get on board or not.

Gauging a girl's genuine interest level is pretty simple: If I'm having fun around her, chances are she's interested. If I'm not having fun--if she's flaking or unengaging or disrespectful--chances are she's not (and at that point neither am I).

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gauging a girl's genuine interest level is pretty simple: If I'm having fun around her, chances are she's interested. If I'm not having fun--if she's flaking or unengaging or disrespectful--chances are she's not (and at that point neither am I).
Seems obvious when you think about it, but this is actually pretty solid advice. If you genuinely had a good time with her, there's a strong chance she's interested.

The problem is guys be thirsty. Even when they're not having a good time they still want it to work and will continue to pursue her. I also think a lot of guys are just incapable of having a good time with a girl due to the pressure and anxiety.

So... just relax and try to enjoy yourself. The rest will follow.

Reaction score
That's what I was getting at... they're unreliable.
I think you're thinking of it too much as some type of mechanism. It's a totally passive thing.. You're not holding up a magnifying glass looking for IOI's.. It's little things that you notice that tell you (for me, almost subconciously) to proceed.. to lean in for that kiss.. to grab her hand.. to pull her close to me.. to lead her to a wall and put her against it.. etc (Escalation)

If a girl is giving you no signs of interest.. then why would you bother with her? That's why IOI's are there. Idk who invented the term but its just simple social dynamics.. signs of interest mean shes into you. It's nothing to have to wrap your head around..

I dont think that a girl is going to be that poker face that she is trying her hardest not to show any IOI's while still into you.. .. unless she works for the KGB or something.. Alot of IOI's are subconscious things that women do without thinking about it.

If you're confident enough in yourself but you dont care about any signs of interest.. Then you might end up wasting time with a girl who ends up telling you "well its nice to make new friends. " and pats you on the back when she hugs you goodbye.

Reaction score
Not to mention IOI's are super broad term. You can put off 1 IOI but if you're getting multiple IOI's then you know "oh she's not just asserting her confidence/experience to play .. but she's actually into me.."

I'm not one for PUA terms myself, but IOI's is just a good way to mention signs of interest.. But, I mean we're talking basic social interactions.. If you cant tell if a girl is into you or not, gotta really go back to square one and master basic social dynamics.

I'm not saying you persay @wifehunter .. but in general... to add to what I was saying

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to mention IOI's are super broad term. You can put off 1 IOI but if you're getting multiple IOI's then you know "oh she's not just asserting her confidence/experience to play .. but she's actually into me.."

I'm not one for PUA terms myself, but IOI's is just a good way to mention signs of interest.. But, I mean we're talking basic social interactions.. If you cant tell if a girl is into you or not, gotta really go back to square one and master basic social dynamics.

I'm not saying you persay @wifehunter .. but in general... to add to what I was saying
I get it... my problem is, it's all one big blur of fluctuating IOI's... Married women, girls with boyfriends, single girls, etc. I know, great problem to have right? I guess, in the end, it's all about social proof anyway. Thanks Guys!

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it... my problem is, it's all one big blur of fluctuating IOI's... Married women, girls with boyfriends, single girls, etc. I know, great problem to have right? I guess, in the end, it's all about social proof anyway. Thanks Guys!
Pay attention to your inner world, neglecting that is why you might see it as a blur. Don't be to rational or you will mentally masturbate yourself like the other posters said.

Previous post....for example I said my heart beats a certain way, my gut/chest tingle, penis gets a tingle feeling. 99.9 I get a number or get laid, make out ETC. Don't let your ego get in the way of the flow, your ego is confusing you. Learn how to lead your ego sometimes and tell it to shut the hell up lol

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IOI's are nonsense

if shes into you , you will suddenly become the funniest and most important guy on earth

thats it

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IOI's are nonsense

if shes into you , you will suddenly become the funniest and most important guy on earth

thats it
You nailed it!!! Thanks!

It's so easy to get distracted!

Reaction score
IOI's are nonsense

thats it
Why are they nonsense? I mean if you can't tell whether a girl likes you or not, you already have an issue.. But to knock IOI's as if they are flying winged hallucinations telling you "heres another sign the girl likes you".. is just absurd.

You guys act like there's some sort of gun attached to your head telling you to focus on the indicators .. No.. whether you focus on them or not, they are there.

IOI's save your ass alot of time instead of wasting time with women who you find are not interested after you talked their ear off for 10 minutes.. like seriously, what are you dudes not getting? If you get indicators that she likes you, you escalate. if you dont, you dont sit there wasting time for 20 minutes with a woman who ends up patting your back like "i think i made mysel fa new FRIEND" at the end of your efforts.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get indicators that she likes you, you escalate. if you dont, you dont sit there wasting time for 20 minutes with a woman who ends up patting your back like "i think i made mysel fa new FRIEND" at the end of your efforts.
No, you escalate, and her response will be the only indicator you need. Just do it and basta.

If I speak during 20 minutes to a woman it's because we are able to have an interesting conversation together, so I don't care as long as I have a good time. Women know whether you are after them sexualy or not, you do not need to explain them. If she pats you on the back it's because she is not attracted OR you didn't show her your own desire.

And if the conversation is sh!t to the point that you are wasting your time then you don't need any other indicators.

IOIs, bull**** or not, you do not care.