Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to smell good what are some good colognes

muzicfreak2k3

Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal collection is:

Versace "The Dreamer" - good to use when you go out, expecting a romantic night ;]
Ralph Lauren - "Polo Double Black" - very classy, masculine smell
Guess - "Guess Man" - everyday light, fresh smell
D&G - "Light Blue" - nice new scent, refreshing citrusy smell for everyday use
Azarro - "Chromme" - another fresh scent for younger people

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Calvin Klein IN2U. It's a lighter fragrance that's perfect for the winter. One hottie that works at Starbucks told me I smelled like Abercrombie, and I was pissed cuz the stupid ***** got it wrong. lol

Black by Bvlgari. It's actually a unisex cologne and I've gotten tons of compliments on it.

Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani. Good cologne for casual use.

Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. Its been around for quite a while, but it's great for evening use. Its base is sandalwood and cedar.

Royal Ace

Don Juan
Reaction score
RU18QT? said:
I just bought some cologne... I ended up buying the new Dolce & Gabana stuff, the Lacoste Elegance was my second choice. The slimmie working the counter hooked me up with a couple sample bottles of the Lacoste stuff though so I am going to try both.

i know it's a late reply but for any1 considering this cologne be aware

The smells dissipates way too fast, it's unreal but nobody can smell it on me after having it for 1 hour. A friend of mine bought an other lacoste cologne and he has the same issue.

avoid lacoste or try it but make sure it lasts on you

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My collection:

Armani Black Code - this is 'the one' for a night out.

Issey Miyake - L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme - this is Issey Miyake Blue, picked out by an ex-gf, I always get compliments on it. But even the girl who picked it out liked the Black Code better.

Hugo by Hugo Boss - timeless, makes me smell like a preppy guy on crisp fall day

Ralph Lauren Romance - this is a summer and a daytime scent, similar to Calvin Klein scents. Best for hot summer days.

'Jake' by Hollister - a gf got this for me for x-mas, not bad, preppy California surf image

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fwiw, I have read to store cologne bottles in the box. Light destroys the scent; they come in dark, light-proof boxes for a reason.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole Reaction, my ex liked the smell of it when we were naked, it's a lighter scent. Same company also makes "Black" another good one. My 1st ever cologne was 212 which was good.

muzicfreak2k3

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got Burberry Brit for Men... and its great. Nice soft scent, but extremely masculine and definitely boosts my confidence. It's a little pricey in Macys, but on www.scentiments.com its pretty cheap.

P.S. - I actually ordered it from this site, and can vouch on its validity. I also know a bunch of other people who have ordered.

TheCraziestJ

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to TheCraziestJ’s guide to Cologne.

Most people in this topic have keyed in very accurately to the fact that different colognes will react differently with different people’s natural chemistry. This is no myth. Yet it appears that nobody hear has touched on a separate, equally important element when choosing a fragrance: setting.

Yes, folks, different atmospheres and environments call for different smells. Coffee smells great when you first wake up, but a strong whiff right after a heavy workout and it can almost make you wretch.

You may notice that some of the more prevalent brands of colognes have a season printed right on the bottle, for example, Calvin Klein’s “Eternity” has “summer.” This is not a description of the fragrance but rather the classification of the cologne. Generally speaking colognes break down into these basic categories:

Summer:
Which are lighter, fruitier smells that are appropriate for, you guessed it, summer months, and times when you will generally be in a more casual and open atmosphere. They will blend nicely with the smells that float naturally during warmer weather, and project a younger, more energetic vibe.

I personally use CK Eternity for my summer cologne, but some other good recommendations are “Cool Water,” “Fahrenheit” by Christian Dior, and for the younger readers (high school and college) “Kirra” which is the Pac-Sun house brand. I still wear this brand when I know I’ll be in younger company.

Winter:
Winter colognes are a deeper, sweeter fragrance that are geared more towards indoors and less energetic atmospheres. Think of any situation you would wear a sweater too, you should be wearing a winter cologne. These fragrances tend to be more dominant, and so should be applied more lightly than summer colognes. Men with dryer skin will also tend to favor more winter colognes, as they will absorb more of the scent, making them less dominant.

For my winter cologne I wear Perry Ellis’s “Reserve.” Some other recommendations I have would be “Black” by Kenneth Cole, or “Attitude” by Armani.

I strongly encourage anyone to have at least one of each a summer and winter cologne, but do take your time in selecting which one matches your chemistry best.

There are a few other more select styles of cologne I will mention, and there are many others which are uncommon enough that I won’t bother here.

Eau De Toilette:
Literally “fragrance for the bathroom,” these tend to be a stronger concentration of fragrance, yet the scent themselves tend to be extremely light in nature, often lighter than summer colognes. As such, an Eau De Toilette is really more of thing used to make you smell clean, rather than scented.

Musk:
At the opposite end of the spectrum is a musk. These are heavy, hearty colognes that say “MAN” in a very loud voice. They project a very mature and even wise attitude, but are not meant for seduction. A musk is appropriate for business conferences, or family affairs. They are also appropriate if you plan on being in the company of hunters or farmers, as they tend to use more animal oils than other types of cologne.

I personally do not own an Eau De Toilette, for in those situations my bath soap usually lingers long enough to project the smell. I have a “Stetson” musk, which I rarely use, but I’ll don for formal business affairs.

Remember the purpose of a cologne is not to flavor a room with a pleasant aroma, (that’s what an air freshener is for) but instead to subtly imply something to the person next to you. Your scent should be almost ambient and indistinct, the goal being to create an impression so that for the course of an evening or a lifetime, whenever she picks up on that smell, she will be subconsciously reminded of you.

I hope this mini guide has been helpful, and I welcome any question or comments you may have!

-TheCraziestJ

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't wear cologne to attract a woman but wear it because I like to smell clean...It's the same for me when I powerlift I don't do it to attract a woman but do it for my health and wellbeing but some women find it appealing to see a hard looking masculine man and one who takes good care of himself for himself and wearing a cologne a woman likes on you is a side effect of that.

Now about cologne I wear...I have enjoyed the Creed line of colognes for men they are very appealing to the nose and last unlike some colognes marketed here in the states.

I have bought some for a special lady friend as a gift (non romantic) the Creed perfumes for women line and when a gal recieves the Creed she knows just how special she is to me...it's not AFC but being a gentleman and admiring and appreciating someone dear to me of the opposite sex.

But my most important thing as a man is I make sure I am freshly showered and my clothes are washed and pressed before I wear them this is as natural as I get and depending on my mood a little Creed will do me.

LoneSilver

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am new to calonge and i bought
Aqua Di Gio by armani
IM IN LOVE WITH IT
im here sniffing my wrists the whole time it smells that nice, WAY better than deo
lol guess it goodbye to deo for me :D

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PhunGar said:
i am new to calonge and i bought
Aqua Di Gio by armani
IM IN LOVE WITH IT
im here sniffing my wrists the whole time it smells that nice, WAY better than deo
lol guess it goodbye to deo for me :D
ADG is freakin' AMAZING!!! Truly THE cologne to wear.

I am a big fan of it (I'm a woman). My SO wears it from time to time and it truly does leave an impression. In fact, I like to sniff on sweaters I've sprayed it on when he is not around.

It is truly good stuff.

Gatorade

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten alot of compliments on Candies for Men. Also the women I work with love how Irish Spring soap smells. They are always wanting to get another smell of me saying how clean I smell.

lighthouse1956

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had very good results with Wings- and doesn't cost a arm & leg, even had women it smells better on me than Burberry does

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Millésime Impérial is the BEST. PERIOD!

Millésime Impérial by Creed, will get you laid :D.

Alright it doesn't get you laid, you get yout laid, but it certainly can help! Anyways, I got this cologne a little over month ago and went to the bar 3 times wearing it. Each time a woman came up to me asking about the cologne when I was getting a drink, and ended up bagging each of them.

I will say this though Millésime Impérial is probably the best cologne I've ever smelt or worn for that fact. Himalaya is a near tie.

Creed makes AMAZING cologne. Others to try are Himalaya, Tabaróme Millésime, Himalaya, and Green Irish Tweed :D.

Others non creed:

Rochas Man
Angel Men (A*Men)
Hanae Mori (Eau du Toilette, or Eau du Parfum)
Bvlgari Aqua
John Varvatos
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme
Yves Saint Laurent M7
Le Male (Jean Paul Gauthiér)
Givenchy Pi
Aqua Di Gio

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big-J said:
Aqua Di Gio
My favorite :D

Does anyone know what deoderant would go well with this and eternity?

I don't want the smells to clash!!!!