Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I know how to travel 50% speed of light in space

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Answer is really simple, electro-magnetic catapult. You would build a catapult in space large enough to fit a spaceship inside itself. Catapult would use magnets to shoot spaceship with enormous speed. At first we could build small catapults, to fire small ships with sputniks, that would explore the nearby alpha centuri, about 8 years at 50% speed of light, and 2 years to explore, 4 years for signal to get back, so in about 20 years we would know details about the nearby star system. Then we could build a large catapult that will fire large ship with humans, plus cargo ships with supplies and another catapult to build around our neighboring dual star system, so people could get back as well. You have right here a blue print plan for star bridge.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly like the rail gun, only much more powerful, using electromagnits like in hydron collider, and a lot bigger. I wouldn't do sh1t at first, because only unmanned vehicles will be launched - probes. Do you know that if sun was the size of a grain of sand, alpha centuri would be 30km away? I think chances that you won't hit anything are pretty good.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then we could build a large catapult that will fire large ship with humans,
If you had a catapult that could launch humans from 0 to 0.5c then they would be squished into a blob of organic paste about two microns thick.

Which means that in in addition to inventing a magnetic catapult, you'd need to create some kind of organic-paste to human reconstitution device.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
If you had a catapult that could launch humans from 0 to 0.5c then they would be squished into a blob of organic paste about two microns thick.
That is on earth with gravity present, in space there is no such problem. More realistic would be damaging electronics with a massive electromagnetic field, but that can be overcome using technology. For example another electromagnet for shielding. Besides, we are about 50 years away from anti-gravity. Remember the higgs bosson, that small particle - or a wave - gives mass. Because it is a wave it could somehow be used in the future. Somebody tell me, how was the coral castle moved in one night? Ok with pyramids, maybe aliens, maybe 1,000,000 slaves, it was so long ago no one knows, but coral castle is less than 100 years ago, he just moved in 1 (one) night, by himself. You would need a crane, a truck, and about a month to move that castle by yourself - perhaps you wouldn't even be able to move it by yourself, you'd need a dozen illegal alien workers to help you. But he just move it by himself in one night. Look at the tools he used, there is a photo, nothing special. I bet he excited the matter somehow, with some sort of wave, but that is just guessing, we don't know, but we are close to something.

Look, you put an electromagnetic catapult into lunar orbit, so that it is in the dark side of the moon, in the shadow of our sun, this way you don't have to use liquid nitrogen for super conductive magnets, just like in the LHC. That thing would be modular, about 20 meters in diameter and 100 meters in length. You would stick a robotic probe inside of it, point the whole thing into the right direction, and fire.

Just picture a grain of sand, if sun is 100 microns across just like the grain of sand, then Alpha Centuri is 18.6 miles away from it. Picture this massive scale! Dude, light travels from Sun to Alpha Centuri 4 years! It's far far away. If you fire a robotic probe at Alpha Centuri at 50% speed of light, it will get to its destination in 8 to 10 years. Chances that your probe will hit something along its away are so slim, if you doubt it, go back to the scale at the beginning of this paragraph.

Hitting something is space is not a real problem, because most of the space is empty.

Human squishing because of massive acceleration is not a problem either, because at first we will send robotic probes, then dogs and monkeys, then Gagarin's grand son.

Much more real problem is deceleration once the vehicle arrives to Alpha Centuri. Conventional deceleration with booster rockets would not work. Given this just means adding time to our travel, maybe year, maybe more for deceleration, perhaps with solar umbrellas.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
They got good weed in Russia , huh?

Not as good as in United States, because there is no hydroponics, if it grows it grows in wild. We don't smoke it here anyway, it's illegal as fvck, you can get 15 years for possession. Now if you didn't smoke weed, you'd be a little smarter and understand the simple genius behind my idea.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is no hydroponics, if it grows it grows in wild. We don't smoke it here anyway, it's illegal as fvck, you can get 15 years for possession.
So you've mastered inter-stellar travel, but yet growing hydro bud somehow eludes your crafty Russian minds?

And you get fifteen years for weed possession because you live in a Fascist dictatorship sh!thole. (Make sure you argue with that statement like a good comrade, or else your president will come murder you.)

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once traveled to outer space... I did some, I don't remember what it was exactly but it was something...
It was quite the trip... I was flying in outer space in my Chevy pickup truck with that Korean dude who sings "Gangnam style" sitting shotgun and we zoomed through space and went around the rings of Saturn dogging meteorites...

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So you've mastered inter-stellar travel, but yet growing hydro bud somehow eludes your crafty Russian minds?

And you get fifteen years for weed possession because you live in a Fascist dictatorship sh!thole. (Make sure you argue with that statement like a good comrade, or else your president will come murder you.)

Bruh, let's not poke fun at our Russian friends for living in a fascist police state....the good ol' US of A is heading down that same direction... just look up Hillary's body count and see how many people have lost their lives trying to expose her corruption. The latest victim is Julian Assange's lawyer.