Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I can't maintain a conversation with a girl i like. Any tips?

Bullszeye

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm ashamed of myself, 18 years old and i still have this problem. If I'm not interested in the girl, i have no problems talking to her at all, hell i can even dance and make smooth moves around female friends. But when i'm interested in a girl, there are a lot of awkward silences when we're alone as i have no idea what to say...

Last time i was interested in a girl i texted her 2-3 days after getting her number and she kept smiling at me when we were at school, and i kept smiling back without talking to her at ALL for WEEKS. I was so creepy because I'm sure she expected me to make a move. I did. But a month later at a party, and even then she gave me a chance but i danced like a creep with her.

Can I fix this somehow? It's getting frustrating as I'm way too old to have this crap happen to me. Thanks.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
At 18, most guys are like you are. You're young and it gets better, especially if you work at it.

It sounds like you are over self-conscious, which a lot of guys are. So maybe work on dialing thst down.

Amer1group

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been down there in the past, and I'm younger than you. I can't think of any tips, just that if you are at a permanent loss of words you need to drop your standards of what is acceptable to talk about; you must be willing to experiment.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think of things to talk about before you actual have to talk to anyone then try to remember them when you're actually in front of the girl. write them down if you have to lol(don't let anyone see it)

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could admit to one of these girls that you're quite nervous when talking to girls you find attractive and if she would want to spend time with you to help you overcome this.

yungballa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just talk to her. If you're not even gonna make an attempt, you won't make progress.

Too many guys are scared to talk to girls they're attracted to because they "don't know what to say" and because they're scared to lose their chance with them. Well, there's billions of other girls on this planet. Who cares if you mess up with one. At least you tried, thats what matters.

If you want to get better at gaming girls, if you want to have better social skills, you have to be prepared to fail. With ANY GIRL. In ANY situation. If you ain't prepared to FAIL, if you're not PREPARED to LOSE the girl, no matter how much you're attracted to her, you aren't going anywhere in life.

There'll be times you're scared to bust a move because you're afraid you'll fvck up and scare the girl off. Good. When you know its come to that, instead of telling yourself "no, what if i scare her off", tell yourself "i'm going to TRY THIS, and i'm prepared to fail"

It's simple; you will not grow if you are not prepared to fail. No one is successful all the time.

Be prepared to fail. That's key. I guarantee you when you fail, next time you'll know what NOT to do. You'll get better. The next time you head in, you'll be more experienced and probably might know what to do next time; and you'll definitely know what not to do.

I can't think of any better advice besides be prepared to fail.

She's not that special bro. Take her off the pedestal. You can talk to her like other girls. You're the only one who's stopping yourself from doing that.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm ashamed of myself, 18 years old and i still have this problem. If I'm not interested in the girl, i have no problems talking to her at all, hell i can even dance and make smooth moves around female friends. But when i'm interested in a girl, there are a lot of awkward silences when we're alone as i have no idea what to say...

Last time i was interested in a girl i texted her 2-3 days after getting her number and she kept smiling at me when we were at school, and i kept smiling back without talking to her at ALL for WEEKS. I was so creepy because I'm sure she expected me to make a move. I did. But a month later at a party, and even then she gave me a chance but i danced like a creep with her.

Can I fix this somehow? It's getting frustrating as I'm way too old to have this crap happen to me. Thanks.
You got stuck because you do not listen. You are constantly in your own head asking yourself what you are going to say next and you didn't even listen to what she's just said.

The best way to be a good talker is to listen and be genuinely interested in what she is and what she does. Ask questions and let her do the talking. That's all. Stop listening to your brain and listen to her.

Also, read about everything. Get interested in everything. I mean, don't read sh!t in people's magazines, but read books about boats, about hunting, about dancing, about whatever. Know a little bit of everything and then you will meet people who knows a LOT about one thing and you can ask some good questions about it and expand your own knowledge.

Start by reading "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Study that book and experience it.

Also, can't you see all the pressure you put on yourself?

"I am way too old..."

You are ****ing 18 man! You are a little boy with ZERO experience in life. And that's OK. Don't compare yourself with guys with twice your experience. Compare yourself with what you were last year.