Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to talk to a girl in your grade that is new to your school and have never spoken to her before

T-dawg

Reaction score
I'm a 16 year old junior in high school. I am very shy and don't to girls a whole lot. My entrie grade is made up of only 100 people. So every body knows everybody else. Recently there was a girl that started going to my school and lately I have realized that I like her. But I have never spoken to her before. I want to date this girl but I don't know how to start a conversation with her or ask her for my number.

P.S. She is also the daughter of my schools Dean of Students who is also the boy's basketball coach.

Also I had spent a lot of time texting a different girl a year or so ago. We never meet face to face and after about 2 months of texting she just stopes texting me and wasn't resopnding to my texts. This has made me lose my confidence in talking to girls. Also this has made me afraid that I would say the wrong thing and make girls not like me and stop talking to me.

Could use some good advice.

Reaction score
You just gotta do it man, that's all there is to it. There isn't a shortcut or anything, and the only way you can ever improve is with FAILURE. Don't be afraid to take risks, she won't bite ;)

T-dawg

Reaction score
Aspiring Don Juan
I read your article and realized that we have the same problem.So why are you giving me advice when you could use that advice yourself. Also you are younger than me.

Reaction score
Yeah it's a problem that I'm currently fixing. I've also been here for two years and have managed to gain quite a bit of knowledge that I use to varying degrees of success. Lol don't assume you can't learn anything from someone younger than you

T-dawg

Reaction score
See the thing is I know that there are girls in my school that like me. I just have a hard time talking to girls. For example I could most likely get the hottest girl in my grade to go out with me and she I probably an 8. The only thing holding me back is not being able to talk to girls.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretending you can get girls isn't gonna get you anywhere. If you're not able to talk to girls you need to expand your comfort zone, not protect your ego.

T-dawg

Reaction score
NorwegianDJ you are probably right that was a stupid thing for me to say I wasn't thinking straight while I was typing that response in.

yungballa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ you are probably right that was a stupid thing for me to say I wasn't thinking straight while I was typing that response in.
Why bash @Aspiring Don Juan for giving you advice? Just because he's younger than you doesn't mean that he doesn't know a thing or two about girls.

He might be younger than you, (I'll let you know, I'm the same age as him) but that doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.

I don't think you should be worrying about age when someone is giving advice, lol. He probably has the same problem, but he KNOWS what steps to take to fix this. He's trying to pass this information on to you, but you're too busy trying to deflect advice.

Don't be closed-minded. You came on here asking for advice, so take it and when it's given to you, I advise you don't try to deflect it when people give you valid advice.

I'm not here to be a d1ck or anything, man. We're all here on this site to help each other, and up lift each other. But you're not gonna get anywhere anytime soon if you're just deflecting criticism/advice when people offer to help you.

Anyways, that aside. I'll offer my own advice to you:

The way I see it, there's two ways to go about this.

A) Find out if you and this girl have the same friends. If you don't, then become friends with one of her friends. Obviously, her friends are going to be hanging around this girl that you want to talk to. When the friend is around this girl, you can easily introduce yourself or just start chatting with her. This is the method that I prefer to start talking to girls. I do this myself sometimes.

In short: Talk to this girl's friends, then when the friends are around this girl, introduce yourself to the girl that you want.

OR, you can do it the brave way:
Just go up to her and start talking to her. Approach her with confidence and just be your best self, and try to get to know her.

I prefer the first way. I don't think approaching is the best way to go in school, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing holding me back is not being able to talk to girls.

Do what you fear most, and you will control your fear.