Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To Deal With Silent Treatment From Gf

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silent treatment is childish and manipulative, irrespective of childhood traumas although I did use to wish for silent treatment from my ex.

I think a simple 'what' s up? ' and if she says' nothing. I am fine. ' ignore her bullseye and go do something you want to do.
Plan B. Tell her she is being a d*ck and tell her to leave so you can go and do something fun.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also remember that girls can give you the silent treatment when they simply don't care anymore and are checking out of the relationship

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silence is golden.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

Seems to be a growing pattern, but whenever me and my GF have the odd argument, she goes all silent on me..

Absolutely no effection.. no conversation and no sex

And she does this whilst stopping at my house.. i find this somewhat disrespectful, and it really gets to me... i hate being ignored

The worst part is, she is moving in with me in 2 weeks..

How should i proceed forward???

01.. i tell her that i will not tolerate being treated like this?

02.. or give her the same silent treatment back?

Please advise on how to deal with silent treatment?
Hey soulforge. Is this the same woman you broke up with earlier in the year. The one i think was older than you and you were talking about on the NC forum? If so i think you know any further dealing with this woman will be a nightmare. Moving in with her will be a huge mistake. You have been down this ugly road with this woman already.
If not then i think you should follow the same advice given. Do not reward bad behaviour in woman with giving her a place to live.

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The silent treatment is just a few short steps away from holding her breath to get her way. It's toddler behavior and its own form of abuse. Do not let this woman move in with you!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys update... i have decided moving in this woman is probably not a good idea...

The problem is, she has already transferred her job location over nearer to me..

She is already living with me upto 4 days a week...
Sometimes i find her attitude quite ****ty, and ****y..
Also i do not like the silent treatments either...

We have been planning on renting a house together and we have been viewing properties.. i feel it would be a risky move for me to, leave my current house and move to new place with a joint tenenancy with her..

For now i will make it clear to her, that i will not put up with her bullshiit attitude..

If she does not accept that, or keeps on making my life difficult.. i will make it clear, that she cannot live with me.

I may even have to consider dropping her.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys update... i have decided moving in this woman is probably not a good idea...

The problem is, she has already transferred her job location over nearer to me..

We have been planning on renting a house together and we have been viewing properties.. i feel it would be a risky move for me to, leave my current house and move to new place with a joint tenenancy with her..

For now i will make it clear to her, that i will not put up with her bullshiit attitude..

If she does not accept that, or keeps on making my life difficult.. i will make it clear, that she cannot live with me.

Set the boundaries. If she crosses them and there are no consequences then she will attempt to walk all over you.

Set boundaties. She messes up. Then she is out

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of consequences? How do i deal with her argumentative attitude?

Is withdrawing attention and affection a good idea?

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of consequences? How do i deal with her argumentative attitude?

Is withdrawing attention and affection a good idea?
We have a saying " you can't push a rope." Meaning don't play her game. Do not engage. Withdraw all attention and if she still doesn't get it then put her at the curb.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have a saying " you can't push a rope." Meaning don't play her game. Do not engage. Withdraw all attention and if she still doesn't get it then put her at the curb.
I feel arguing with her is pointless.. she knows very well i do not appreciate disrespect..

Telling her that i do not like her argumentative attitude, i feel will not achieve much..??

At this point i feel i should withdraw affection.. stop being loving towards her..

Also i need to put a halt at looking at properties with her, as she needs to get the message, that getting a house together is not a possibility, if she had that kind of attitude

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

>posts thread about moving in with girl who treats him badly on a whim
>entire thread says not to deal with that sh!t nor move in with her
>updates with how he's been living with her and dealing with that sh!t for some time now and it sucks
> no****sherlock.png
>is even remotely considering getting a house with this woman, or continuing to live with her if she doesn't get her sh!t together and make it a pleasant experience for you
>

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you tell her you don't like her argumentative attitude, she will likely just want to argue with you about not being argumentative. It's a no win. And I don't know how long I'd want to be in an LTR with a woman I know I could never live with. After all, what would be the point?

MrWiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel arguing with her is pointless.. she knows very well i do not appreciate disrespect..

Telling her that i do not like her argumentative attitude, i feel will not achieve much..??

At this point i feel i should withdraw affection.. stop being loving towards her..

Also i need to put a halt at looking at properties with her, as she needs to get the message, that getting a house together is not a possibility, if she had that kind of attitude
you never answered if this was the same ***** that you were complaining about a few months ago. I have a feeling it is because you dont have the balls to just tell her to **** off.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@MrWiggles
he don't need to tell us, his lack of answer on that regard is already a confirmation

I missed this post from start but I will put my experience with a girl who was like that,

its a childish move, from someone who is irresponsable, narcissistic and want you to kiss her ass as if her just talking with you is a gift enough, never deal with this kind of behavior, and only way to NOT deal with this is never talk with her again, end the damn LTR and never talk with her again, come on dude you can do better. funny part too is when you do the same jsut for kicks(I did this test just to see if she like the same) get pissed and hey now she want to talk with you. in your place if she is ignoring me on my own home, I would tell her "out" toss her out and close the door behind her

and now @soulforge tells us he find pointless arguing, so you know she won't change, and she knows you will not drop her so there is no reason to change, you my friend, LOSE, she owns you and you are happy with crumbs she toss every once in a while, she don't respect you, because you yourself don't respect yourself, just end this pitifull LTR, kill it and toss salt over it to make sure nothing will ever growth here again

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@MrWiggles
he don't need to tell us, his lack of answer on that regard is already a confirmation

I missed this post from start but I will put my experience with a girl who was like that,

its a childish move, from someone who is irresponsable, narcissistic and want you to kiss her ass as if her just talking with you is a gift enough, never deal with this kind of behavior, and only way to NOT deal with this is never talk with her again, end the damn LTR and never talk with her again, come on dude you can do better. funny part too is when you do the same jsut for kicks(I did this test just to see if she like the same) get pissed and hey now she want to talk with you. in your place if she is ignoring me on my own home, I would tell her "out" toss her out and close the door behind her

and now @soulforge tells us he find pointless arguing, so you know she won't change, and she knows you will not drop her so there is no reason to change, you my friend, LOSE, she owns you and you are happy with crumbs she toss every once in a while, she don't respect you, because you yourself don't respect yourself, just end this pitifull LTR, kill it and toss salt over it to make sure nothing will ever growth here again
Sounds like a norma don juan what you just described.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations. Lije Deesade saud, might be a good time to think about where you went wrong (because you did) and try not to let yourself ger ****ed over again.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came back home from work yesterday.. she was in the living room, watching t.v

I picked up the remote to move it aside on the table, and accidentally turned the tv off, my finger just hit the off switch by mistake.. she stormed upstairs in a sulk and got into bed.

Again ignoring me in my house for the 3rd day running!

I later went upstairs to grab some towels, and asked her why she decided to come upstairs..

She starts accusing me off turning the t.v off and being argumentative.. I explained to her it was just a mistake..

I THEN TOLD HER STRAIGHT UP.. THIS IS MY HOUSE AND IN MY HOUSE I WILL NOT BE AROUND PEOPLE WHO WILL BEHAVE LIKE THIS, AND IGNORE ME UNDER MY OWN ROOF..

SO IF YOUR NOT HAPPY TO BE IN MY COMPANY, THEM PACK YOUR **** AND LEAVE..

she then starting packing her stuff.. but kept stalling and stopping to talk to me.. so i packed all her things for her, and put it all outside in the yard to take.

Told her that its not working for me.. she agreed and then left..

But now had two missed calls from her.. what a waste of nearly two fricking years..

But i guess you really don't know somebody till you live with them