Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To Deal With Silent Treatment From Gf

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

Seems to be a growing pattern, but whenever me and my GF have the odd argument, she goes all silent on me..

Absolutely no effection.. no conversation and no sex

And she does this whilst stopping at my house.. i find this somewhat disrespectful, and it really gets to me... i hate being ignored

The worst part is, she is moving in with me in 2 weeks..

How should i proceed forward???

01.. i tell her that i will not tolerate being treated like this?

02.. or give her the same silent treatment back?

Please advise on how to deal with silent treatment?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HUGE sh!t test. She wants you to rape her. I am NOT telling you to commit the actual crime of rape, but the next time that happens, grab her by the hair, throw her down on the nearest furniture, and tell her to put out or get out. She's acting like a brat because she needs a dominant man to put her in her place. You have two weeks to get that done, and if you fail that test and carry on with the cohabitation, she will never respect you again. She will also eventually find someone else to give her the rough treatment she needs, after you won't. If you don't want to treat her that way, then definitely call off the living together idea.

muzza.deman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who's house is it ???

I'd like to thank you for visiting and I look forward to seeing you " insert convenient day for you". Proceed to door and open same. Unless the move is unavoidable then this should be delayed , or denied. You have indicated this behaviour is trending upwards. Major red flag.....

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

Seems to be a growing pattern, but whenever me and my GF have the odd argument, she goes all silent on me..

Absolutely no effection.. no conversation and no sex

And she does this whilst stopping at my house.. i find this somewhat disrespectful, and it really gets to me... i hate being ignored

The worst part is, she is moving in with me in 2 weeks..

How should i proceed forward???

Please advise on how to deal with silent treatment?
Why do you let her in and why do you let her stay? It's your house, tell her to act right or get the fvck out and don't come back until she figures out how to act right.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldn't be moving in with a girl who isn't on her best behavior at all times, and don't put her on the lease either unless you have to, make sure it's your house and your house alone.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her interest and respect are fading, for whatever reason.

Both reactions are bad ideas. Next time just try to pound her as the other poster suggested, or go ghost.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When women give you the silent treatment, it shouldn't last more than a couple of hours. That's a pretty normal time for anybody to get over being mad. If she's doing it longer than that, then there's something wrong with her mentally.

When women give you the silent treatment, just go on doing your own things like you'd normally do when she's not around.

Also, if you haven't been with her for longer than two years, then you shouldn't be moving in together.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i dont ever deal with silent treatment..people who use that as a weapon are not worth the time or heart ache believe me bro

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
The silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse designed to punish you.

The perpetrator does not know how to resolve conflicts like an adult. She lacks emotional maturity and
communication skills. These are probably stemming from her childhood.

Casually ask her about her upbringing. Ask her about how her parents solved conflicts.

I can't see how raping her or pounding her ass, will miraculously improve her ability to resolve conflicts and
communicate like a mature adult.

I had this come up within the last year: I simply said to her matter of factly (while smiling at her amused) You know the silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse. I had a (relative) who was a master at that. If you want to communicate like a spoiled child, there's the door. If you want to communicate like an adult, you can let me know...

Her response? In a bit of shock and mortified that she was doing what apparently her ex did to her.

Did it happen again? No.

(Just amused now thinking what a certain few posters would think about expressing what kind of behavior you find unacceptable: "oh dear you had to communicate with her overtly, doesn't the rational male say that we must communicate covertly."

http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/silent-treatment-a-narcissistic-persons-preferred-weapon-0602145

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dump this women. Certainly do not move in with her. If you are looking for some kind of exclusive relationship you need to find a women who is going to COMMUNICATE with you rather than playing these silly silent treatment games. Someone like this is fine to date and fvck, but you don't want to tie down with a chick that's screwing with your head.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirror

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Its well known that people who do the "silent treatment" are narcissistic and usually suffer from a personality disorder. It is one of many self-centered and toxic behaviors used by control freaks to "get their way" and make someone "fall in line". Its pure disrespect. Its ALWAYS bad policy to allow women to disrespect you. NO f*cking exceptions.

To be completely honest, I would only tolerate this from a girlfriend/plate ONE time. After that one time I would tell her that such behavior is disrespectful and unacceptable. Most women will give you a bullsh!t excuse of lies claiming they were "busy" or it was not intentional. Trust me it WAS intentional. But when you call women on their bullsh!t (as I do frequently) they usually have no justification for their sh!tty behavior. So they make up lies. So once a woman gives you that bullsh!t, she is now a LIAR on top of being narcissistic. Think long and hard about what makes such a person valuable to you. Nice t!ts? Is that worth your dignity?

I say demote her to sex toy and move on with life. I have no time for this kind of non-sense anymore. Don't let her move in either. She's trash.

The biggest problem 99% of modern men have is an unwillingness to DUMP abusive c*nts. Men just won't walk away from sh!tty women. So women take full advantage and turn up the abuse. Then they leave the man anyway. That's the funny part.

Don't be an idiot.

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are probably stemming from her childhood.

Casually ask her about her upbringing. Ask her about how her parents solved conflicts.
Who cares about her childhood, upbringing, and parents' conflicts?

The perpetrator does not know how to resolve conflicts like an adult. She lacks emotional maturity and
communication skills.
This sounds about right. So, just dump.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares about her childhood, upbringing, and parents' conflicts?

This sounds about right. So, just dump.
It's called gaining insight.......

In fact, if you know how to ask the right questions.........you can learn a lot about the person's character, values, motives,
goals, intentions etc

Valuable knowledge in the game of power

As I said, I've had this come up within the last year. Some probing and I discovered she didn't learn this from childhood.....meaning there wasn't any unresolved childhood issues to be dealt with, but she had picked it up apparently from a passive aggressive ex and this was the way they "communicated" when there was conflict.....

It hasn't happened since and my association with this female continues to reap benefits..........

.....I could have just made a knee jerk reaction....and dumped.........or gained insight and made a decision based on insight and knowledge............

It was a small glitch giving the overall context of what she brought to the table. I brought it up and nipped in the bud. Had it been a deep seated childhood issue, I may have assessed the situation differently.

Got to dash she's cooking steak.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
communication skills. These are probably stemming from her childhood.

I can't see how raping her or pounding her ass, will miraculously improve her ability to resolve conflicts and
communicate like a mature adult.

I had this come up within the last year: I simply said to her matter of factly (while smiling at her amused) You know the silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse. I had a (relative) who was a master at that. If you want to communicate like a spoiled child, there's the door. If you want to communicate like an adult, you can let me know...

Her response? In a bit of shock and mortified that she was doing what apparently her ex did to her.

Did it happen again? No.
My two cents is that this is the most useful approach in order to gauge the situation. But you must be prepared to postpone moving in together in my opinion and watch how she behaves.

Do not move her in at this time. If you live in the US you are creating a situation where you CANNOT just order her out. She will establish residency at your place (irregardless of whether or not she is on your lease) and you will not be able to require her to move.

Think long and hard about that. Perhaps a recent experience I have had (as a landlord) may help you see my point: Last summer I had a renter with two children, a divorced man. In a fit of compassion he allowed his crazy ex-wife to move into the house he rents from me. Never put her on the lease etc. Things go sour between my renter and his ex (surprise). Cops are getting called, he wants her OUT of his residence etc. He calls me about it. I call the police about it. Police explain to me that because my renter moved this woman into the house, she now has legal rights as a resident. My renter cannot evict her nor compel her to move; I cannot evict just her, I have to evict ALL residents and the cops are basically playing attorney, judge and jury (which I explained to them and which they did not seem to appreciate my mentioning).

So I called back my renter and explained that the only recourse I had as the landlord in the matter (SINCE THE POLICE HAD TAKEN THE WOMAN'S SIDE WITHOUT ANY DUE PROCESS WHATSOEVER) was to file for eviction of the whole household for lease violation (moving someone in without owner's written authorization) and then I could rent my renter (a 6 year renter who always pays in full on time and has been a great renter other than this little episode) another house across town which was open.

The house in question is a great house right across from the high school where the renter's sons attend. He did not want to have to move. So he worked with his ex-in laws (her parents), his kids (her children) to convince her to move or otherwise her children were going to be displaced from their home of 6 years. She finally relented and agreed to move out and in with her parents (who didn't want her either but also didn't want to see their grandchildren uprooted over something dumb.)

So in the end the crisis was averted after MUCH consternation. My renter has gone back to being a great low profile renter who pays on time and he seems to have learned not to do THAT again.

My point is, don't end up in the position that my renter put himself into. This is a woman who is already trying to control you through these tactics. It WILL get worse, and it might be very difficult to remove her from your abode once you move her in.

Use @Reykhel advice to further evaluate her if you see fit, but put off the cohabitation. I see WAY too many risks to you under the circumstances. If she gives you an ultimatum as a result of you putting off moving her in, that is a huge power play you need to see in advance, and in my opinion worth dumping over.

Do not be blinded by whatever sexual enticements she dangles before you. This is exactly how you end up a beaten down man. Do not become that guy. Good luck with it.

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its well known that people who do the "silent treatment" are narcissistic and usually suffer from a personality disorder. It is one of many self-centered and toxic behaviors used by control freaks to "get their way" and make someone "fall in line". Its pure disrespect. Its ALWAYS bad policy to allow women to disrespect you. NO f*cking exceptions.

To be completely honest, I would only tolerate this from a girlfriend/plate ONE time. After that one time I would tell her that such behavior is disrespectful and unacceptable. Most women will give you a bullsh!t excuse of lies claiming they were "busy" or it was not intentional. Trust me it WAS intentional. But when you call women on their bullsh!t (as I do frequently) they usually have no justification for their sh!tty behavior. So they make up lies. So once a woman gives you that bullsh!t, she is now a LIAR on top of being narcissistic. Think long and hard about what makes such a person valuable to you. Nice t!ts? Is that worth your dignity?

I say demote her to sex toy and move on with life. I have no time for this kind of non-sense anymore. Don't let her move in either. She's trash.

The biggest problem 99% of modern men have is an unwillingness to DUMP abusive c*nts. Men just won't walk away from sh!tty women. So women take full advantage and turn up the abuse. Then they leave the man anyway. That's the funny part.

Don't be an idiot.
Isn't this what no contact is?