Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many reps to do?

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read so many different answers and reasons to this question you wouldn't believe. How many reps/sets should you do and why? What are the different outcomes?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In short, it doesn't matter. It's made out to be a mountain when it's a molehill. But I personally prefer the higher end, I've been doing 8 reps for a long time now and recently switched to 12 because I feel it gives me more control and thus better stimulation. I also mix it up with drop sets, I'll put on a weight I can't do for more than 4-8 reps and then I lower it and crank out 8-4 more. Just do what feels good for you.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had 1 rep per set per exercise every week (3 times a week - Tuesday, thursday, saturday).... Saturday is where the +1 rep to all set happens, Monday is the same rep as Saturday, Saturday is +1 of monday.... Thursday are 70% of monday rep

Basically, I am always going up.... I stop at 20 rep per set per exercice, 6 sets.... than I change level which bring me new exercise or variation of a exercice movement. When I change level, I go back to 4 rep per set.... until i reach 20 again.

Also, I strech, so I am flexible like hell

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In short, it doesn't matter. It's made out to be a mountain when it's a molehill. But I personally prefer the higher end, I've been doing 8 reps for a long time now and recently switched to 12 because I feel it gives me more control and thus better stimulation. I also mix it up with drop sets, I'll put on a weight I can't do for more than 4-8 reps and then I lower it and crank out 8-4 more. Just do what feels good for you.
And how many sets per muscle per week (or workout)?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And how many sets per muscle per week (or workout)?
I have three main movements: t-bar row, dips and one leg press. I do 3 sets of those twice a week, 3 other sets for each muscle twice a week, I usually make every last set of an exercise a drop set, and work out 4 times a week. That's basically it, there are some more details but I won't bother with them unless you want to know because it's not necessary.

themusicman

Don Juan
Reaction score
As Attack mentioned, set/rep scheme doesn't matter nearly as much as following a consistent program that progressively gets harder.

Having said that, I'm a fan of 5x5 for muscle that is both highly functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Google Stronglifts 5x5 for a free and incredibly simple lifting program that is EXTREMELY effective. It even has its own app. Then just make sure you're eating enough as well.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easiest way I can break it down:

If your training for strength or powerlifting your in the 1-5 Rep Max range. (Generally)

If your Bodbuilding you can be anywhere from 8-20 reps.

All comes down to programming, your goals and ect. Also overtime you will try things out and learn what works best for you.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Variety. Low reps/heavier weights for strength, moderate reps/moderate weight for size, and high reps/light weight for conditioning.