Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Many Musicians Do We Have Here?

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a musician myself, I play five instruments. Listed in the order I learned them: Guitar, bass, piano, drums, organ. I gave up sax due to embouchure reasons.

The main ones I play the most nowadays are keyboards, guitar and rarely bass and drums. After over thirty years of practice starting from child hood, I reached virtuoso status, and now In addition to having prefect pitch, I can play anything I hear!

I worked my ass off, but was amazed that my daughter must have inherited my gifts as she started playing by ear unprompted at the age of nine, she'd hear tunes and almost instantly play them back, I'd go back and check and she'd normally be spot on. So, some of this must be genetic. However, I actually believe that her ears are better than mine were when I was her age. I practiced 10 sometimes 15 hours a day on weekends to get here, she put in barely any practice it just seems more natural, but of course she can't do the things I can on keyboards, because she doesn't practice enough, but boy if she did...:eek:

I've played professionally off and on for the last fifteen years.

I started off playing rock(real classic rock) and heavy metal, then jazz, r&b, classical etc. :up:

I suspect pantywhisperer plays guitar.

So besides him(love that name btw) how many here play and for how long?

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to sing and play guitar and bass for about 20+ years... I quit in 2008 to focus on programming drums and synthesizers. I like how the computer can play the instruments for me, and at the same time. Songs flow together, and the sounds are limitless.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You suspect correctly. Bass drums and keyboards as well. Little home studio set up. Been playing guitar for over 35 years.
Wow you may be tied with me. I started playing at 12 been at it 37 years. You're 57 right?

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you two live in Texas?

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been playing guitar since 15. Bass since 22 and piano since 30.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best talent is singing, but I play guitar, bass, clarinet, and a little bit of keyboard. I can pick up almost any stringed instrument, fvck around with it for 30 minutes, and be playing something on it. Because of that, I also own a ukelele and a banjo. I've released one album and I'm working on my second one. I'm pretty good at mixing and editing which I've been doing since I was a teenager.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My best talent is singing, but I play guitar, bass, clarinet, and a little bit of keyboard. I can pick up almost any stringed instrument, fvck around with it for 30 minutes, and be playing something on it. Because of that, I also own a ukelele and a banjo. I've released one album and I'm working on my second one. I'm pretty good at mixing and editing which I've been doing since I was a teenager.
Yep, I always suspected you too, lol! Normally, I can talk to someone and tell in a few minutes if they have musical talent, kind of vibe I get.

I had a female walk up to me one time and right off the bat she goes get you're a keyboard player right?

I asked her had she been to any of my shows and she said no, but that I had a strong musician type vibe.. Weird..

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very basic musician. Took 7 years of piano as a kid, and have more recently been brushing up on it. Never mastered guitar. Took some voice lessons last year and enjoy singing.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A handful when I was younger. Did acoustic solo act for a few years in my late 20s as well. I mostly record in my home studio now. Working on a CD of originals.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A handful when I was younger. Did acoustic solo act for a few years in my late 20s as well. I mostly record in my home studio now. Working on a CD of originals.
Cool. What kind of music?

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. What kind of music?
umm... Original music... jk
It's kind of hard to classify - track to track it varies. Classic pop/rock, a dash of country, some modern rock. I'm terrible with labeling my own music.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing since age 12. I've been in bands most of my life, and currently gigging solo.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a self taught pianist. However recently I've been focusing more or the computer side of things. I produce instrumentation using virtual instruments. From hip-hop and r&b to pop, rock, orchestra and movie score. I use the program Logic.

Despite me always wanting to, I'm not a very good singer, although my voice is deep. So I rap. In conversation people always say "Wow, your voice is really deep, can you sing?" To all my in house singers is there some sort of correlation between a deep voice and singing.

I also have an album coming on the 16th. Great to see fellow Sosuave musicians.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I played drums my whole life and was in a punk rock band in high school way back when. Now in my mid 30s, I've taken up the electric guitar. After my most recent breakup, I went out and bought a dope Schecter guitar hellraiser diamond series 6-string with deep ocean burst color. I practice everyday, yet need proper instruction. Next week, I'm taking my first lesson. My endgame goal is to learn how to play djent / progressive and death metal.

Some bands I've been really digging lately: Plini, Scale the Summit, Polyphia, Animals as Leaders, David Maxim Micic, and The Algorithm.

Seriously check out how good these guys are:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I played drums my whole life and was in a punk rock band in high school way back when. Now in my mid 30s, I've taken up the electric guitar. After my most recent breakup, I went out and bought a dope Schecter guitar hellraiser diamond series 6-string with deep ocean burst color. I practice everyday, yet need proper instruction. Next week, I'm taking my first lesson. My endgame goal is to learn how to play djent / progressive and death metal.

Some bands I've been really digging lately: Plini, Scale the Summit, Polyphia, Animals as Leaders, David Maxim Micic, and The Algorithm.

Seriously check out how good these guys are:

Hmm...I wonder if any of these guys have ever heard of dream theater? Lol:p

But seriously, guitar is a dicipline. ..and after 20 years...I had to let it go...But, my years with it, effect almost every aspect of my new direction.

Guitar was basic training, for the war that I wage.:cool:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. Dream Theater was my first metal concert in the early 2000s. They've been very influential for many of today's progressive metal musicians.

@wifehunter, what kind of music genre are you recording/programming now with your synthesizers? There are scores of ambient genres out there.

I like Erik Wollo, Steve Roach, Liquid Mind, Enigma, Jon Hopkins, Philip Glass, Thom Brennan, and basically any music score by Hans Zimmer.