Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important are muscles to girls?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 years ago, I was just like you El_Indio. In fact, I probably weighed 5 pounds less than you. Then I started eating much more than usual plus I worked out, which helped me put on over 20 pounds. I was actually up to 157 at one point, but I lost some weight because I stopped working out to concentrate on school and work. I hear that protein shakes are effective, but I always considered that the equivalent to a chick getting a boob job. It just seems so synthetic but hey to each his own.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two major things you need to attempt to add muscle -- resistance (weight) training and diet. You need the resistance training to stimulate the muscle growth, and the diet to provide the building materials.

If you only eat a lot and don't lift weights, you will just get fat.

If you lift weights but don't eat enough of the right stuff, you either won't grow or you will actually lose weight.

Exercise: work out three times a week, an hour each time. On Monday do four sets each of bench press, shoulder press, bar dips. On Wednesday do four sets of squats, stiff legged dead lifts, calf raises and crunches. On Friday do four sets of pull ups, bent over rows, and barbell curls.

Diet, eat about 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, split into six meals (every three hours.)

Your diet should be about 30% protein, 40% carbohydrates and 30% fat. Try to get your fat as flax seed oil, with its high Omega 3 essential fatty acid content.

Your total daily calories should be start out about 20 times your body weight (i.e. if you weighed 100 lbs, you'd eat 2000 calories a day.) Count calories this way: 1 gram of protein = 4 calories. 1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories. 1 gram of fat = 9 calories.

Immediately after you workout consume a high carbohydrate drink of approximately 100 grams. Dextrose (glucose) and/or maltodextrin containing recovery drinks are the best for this purpose.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt suggest u to take any of those weight gainers or anything..I dunno if it helps or not but u dont really need it. I been lifting weights for a few years now..Im like 200lbs at 6'3 and I really found out that u gotta get the 411 on all that stuff...u gotta read stuff about it on the net..and the most important thing is (except for havin a good work out routine) to eat enough PROTEIN. Its really the most important thing I guess.Its suggested to take like 1g of protein per kg bodyweight...I probably dont take that much but its reallyl ike if I only get like 1/2 g /kg a day I wont be able to lift more weight after a month but if I take enough protein I can lift more weight....Its not all about lifting weights but its also very very important to eat enough PROTEIN!I cant really stress that one enough...

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always suggest a weight gainer. Preferebly homemade.

Key lesson here to all. Protein is GREAT, but without Fat and Carbs you'll get know where when trying to pack on size.

CALORIES are your main deal here. You burn more then you take in, you will NEVER GAIN WEIGHT.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In hs, I was about 5'10.5 and a disgusting 135 lbs. Now, I am 6' and 175lbs.
You've got nothing to worry about as far as physique goes. That's definitely within the range of "athletic," rather than "skinny," if you're solid, with a good weight distribution. Good job, mahon.

Theories on how to bulk up have evolved considerably as of late, in a way that's good news for those of us who don't have a lot of time on our hands.

I've recently read about in several sources that the key to gaining weight and breaking plateaus is to mix up your workouts, use very heavy weight (1 to 2 reps) at some point in the workout, preferably just after warming up a bit. Get to the point and don't do too many sets, so you can get some food in you to rebuild ASAP. About 45 minutes max for workout length, preferably less. And allow yourself to recover completely before working out again. Preferably take a week between working the same muscle group. And don't do a lot of cardio.

Some supplements, such as creatine, glutamine, glucosamine sulfate, a good iron-free muti, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants -- especially vitamin C -- help, too.

Do all this stuff and you won't have to worry about the eating. You'll be as hungry as a hog. Just eat a good balance of protein, carbs, and good fat. I do recommend naturally-raised, i.e., organic meats, if you can afford them, because the lack all those female hormones factory-farmed animals are loaded-up with to make 'em soft, tender, and chubby.

The main point is to subject your muscles to as much resistance as they can handle without injury, and that muscles are built during the recovery period. Makes a lot of sense.

I've been at a plateau that was solid as granite, took a break, and have started back using this regimen. Early results are very promising: I lifted 2 days ago, upper body only, and have gained about 3 lbs since then.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I graduated from high school I was 5'11'', 135 lbs. I maintained this size for 5 years after high school. The weird thing about it, only guys ever said anyhting about my size, women never seemed to care. Let me take that back, black women didn't seem to care. Women of other races noticed me more when I put on some muscle. In a 6 month period, I gained 30 lbs of muscle.

First, I did one body part a day, which means each muscle was hit every 7-10 days. Second, I used weight gainers and protein shakes. I don't know if this routine will work for you, but it did for me. I only did it becuase the traditonal routines weren't working for me.

RazzleDazzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get yourself a good protein shake. I down 2 a day and work out every other day. Hit the gym and hit it hard and fast. After the gym go home and eat a big meal within an hour. It'll help keep your body from breaking itself down. I weighed 148lbs a month ago. I've been hitting the gym, downing shakes, eating 4 meals a day and i'm up to 154lbs now. Not bad in a month.

The key is CONSISTANCY!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that muscles are overrated. I know because I got a couple. If you take off your shirt to show your muscles too much you come off as REAL conceited. So the best bet is to stay in shape and just work out the most visible parts of your body like arms and legs because they are regularly seen.

If you work on a beach or go there often, then it's a totally different story...

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i was a skinny mofo in junior high, (5'11 130 lbs).then in HS i suddenly started gaining muscle and now i'm 6'2 and 170 lbs.
now i noticed that i get more attention on the beach than i used to when i was very skinny,and i actually look intimidating since i have wide shoulders and now i got muscles on them instead of bones stickin out.

thegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
The chumps who say muscle does not matter do not have muscle. People are always jealous of what they do not have. I would consider myself one of those geeks to freaks. In high school I was skinny and sickely looking, I could not get a date if I tried. When I did get one I was stood up at the last moment. Not saying I was a bad looking guy, I would consider my self a late bloomer.....Like a lot of models in high school who did not fill out unitil college.

I started working out when I was fifteen to put on weight for football. I was 6'2'' and weighd about 150 pounds, that was a geneorus 150 pounds.

Then next year I started a weight training program and diet to put on weight. When I graduated I weiged somewehre aroud 195 pounds. The change was instant....Women that would not look twice at me wanted to go out with me. During college I was working out all the time, my weight bloomed to 250 pounds at 10% bodyfat. I would never have to approach women, and had the pick of the litter.

So within two years I went from geek to freak. I recently started my brother on a program and has put on considerable muscle. I bartend part time while going to college and he has a different woemen with him every weekend. I selfestem has went up and his women collection has more than doubled.

Hopefully this would shine some light on the subject.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, I have a friend who is pushing 5'9", but he is ripped and probably weighs about 185lbs with 6% body fat. He does good with women, but he is also a good-looking guy, so I am not 100% postive the muscles have alot to do with it.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just compare a skinny girl to a girl who got some ass and nice titties. Its just the same thing with skinny guys and guys who got some muscle.

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should work out whatever, don't let the reason you work out be women, fcuk that. Be healthy.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say I'm around 5'10" 150, and fairly shredded. The trouble is that you need to put on a considerable amount of muscle to look muscular in clothes. I was around 135, and the biggest change is the more muscular look in the face.

I'm attractive and don't have trouble finding girls, I just think there is no better feeling in the world (well maybe a few) than leaving the gym feeling ripped, pumped, and strong...I take all the negative energy and feelings and ball them up into each rep.

Things in life tend to snowball, and getting into a workout routine snowballs in so many positive ways. Plus you really see yourself change in each workout.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the game

Originally posted by thegame
I started working out when I was fifteen to put on weight for football. I was 6'2'' and weighd about 150 pounds, that was a geneorus 150 pounds.

Then next year I started a weight training program and diet to put on weight. When I graduated I weiged somewehre aroud 195 pounds. The change was instant....Women that would not look twice at me wanted to go out with me. During college I was working out all the time, my weight bloomed to 250 pounds at 10% bodyfat. I would never have to approach women, and had the pick of the litter.

250 # at 10% is huge.... a 100 # gain in 4 years is outstanding. Do you mind sharing your workout routine/tips?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: the game

Originally posted by DJ de Florida
250 # at 10% is huge.... a 100 # gain in 4 years is outstanding. Do you mind sharing your workout routine/tips?
100 pounds? that's almost a whole person. for that extreme a change, maybe some 'roids.

BvrEngr2006

Don Juan
Reaction score
start of Winter term of '03 i was 130 lbs and skinny (I'm 5'5")... i started working out a little bit and then a lot during Spring term and ended up getting to 135 after two months. Yes only 5 lbs i cant explain it but i am definately a lot bigger than before and im getting a LOT of attn now from girls.... so YES IT DOES HELP... i think im pretty happy at 135, i might go to 140 but i dont want to get too big... also try and focus on upper AND lower body so your evenly distributed.

Jeremy

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Point in case, having a great looking body will increase your rate of success. But only if you get opportunities to show it off.

My senior year of high school I was 5'7 and 125. I got to college and put on 25 pounds from drinking and eating too much. I thought I was getting a little too fat so I decided to work out. When I finally focused on doing the exercises right I noticed a big difference. Now I'm still 5'7 and still at 150 but I turned that 25 pounds of fat into 25 pounds of muscle (and still getting bigger). I know I look a lot better now and my confidence is much higher than it was even 4 months ago. But your main focus of lifting should never be to just get girls. The purpose is to get in shape to feel better about yourself. This has all be said before but it needs reiterated again. Do it for yourself, not for a girl.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty