Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I get my friend to take the SAT?

Glassy

Reaction score
My friend doesn't want to take the SAT because he says school is a waste of time. He wants to build an app but he doesn't know any programming skills and hardly uses a computer. He says he doesn't need it than lists a bunch of millionaires and billionaires who didn't pass high school or go to college. I showed him articles like this and he is still set on his plans to make the next big app.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College does not guarantee success in life... I know people in the trades (carpenters, electricians, plumbers) that not only make more money but are happier than guys with Masters....

Even so he should take the SAT....

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you take the SAT... life will be easier and you'll thanks me in 5 years.... otherwise you'll be livinng in pain. Girls are hotter in college, every ''programmer who made it big'' were in college

Sure college is not a guarantee of success..... but at least you won't have to retake the SAT AGAIN

He's scared thats all.... of life, finishing high school, not being good enough

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pff... SAT? I did not even take that. I did well in high school, but was marred with a bad disciplinary record so college was not likely (not that I even wanted to go to college). Been working in construction jobs for over 9 years, everything from repairing roofing shingles to doing drywall, I became certified in HVAC 5 years ago, and I am looking to start my own HVAC company. This other person who graduated with me who I know is in college debt and is making less than I do, and unlike him I am close to actually starting something with my name on it and having my own business (high risk but high reward, but at least I am willing to take it).

The SAT is not necessary... College is not necessary. He must however have a plan, a more reasonable one than being an app developer with no programming knowledge. I had a plan, I wanted to work with my hands and do labor, that was my aspiration. I talked with people and got connected landing work when I was young, getting certifications and learning from people with experience. It was hard at first, in a recession economy I had to struggle a bit as there was a surplus of people doing what I did but inevitably I found a strong foundation and am building upon that. The problem with your friend is not the SAT it is his tenacity, his planning, his aspirations which he has no idea how to go about achieving... Those millionaries he listed to you all had plans to go about achiving their aspirations they did not just dive blindly into it. Bill Gates had a plan when he left his Ivy League school to produce a new computer system. Steve Jobs had a plan when he left Reed College. That is the difference, between them and him.. So what is your friends plan?
Honestly, your friend sounds a bit lazy, and the SAT is not going to change that. He must have a dose of reality, realize that