Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gym gripes.... Why do women goto the gym?

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
So I go and do my exercises, in total I probably burn about 50 minutes. I don't talk or write sh1t on a piece of paper, I just go, relax and do my stuff. I always see dudes walking around pen in hand, or doing crazy sh1t on the equipment... but then there's the broads. The women at the gym don't actually look like they are doing anything beyond cardio. They go, in full makeup and it seems like, just walk around the gym with other girls whilst holding expensive water bottles. The times I do see them on the machines, they are doing the absolute minimum. Why do women even bother going to the gym at all??? The ratio of women to men at my gym is nearly 50 to 1. What I really don't like is some stupid broad on a machine that she clearly has no idea how to use and instead of trying to use it, she's just sitting there checking her phone. I've seen a few skinny dudes doing that too, boggles my mind.

AND it clearly states in the rules, to wipe down your goddamn machine after you use it... yet MOST if not almost ALL of the people at the gym, never do this. Women sweat all over the goddamn place, but you think they could be bothered to take a paper towel and soap (which are glued to the wall nearby) and wipe their machine down? Nope.

Disgusting creatures really. If they are in the weight's room they are always doing stupid **** like climbing on the seats and doing squats and bullsh1t they've seen on TV. I don't want to sit on a bench after some broad has had her sneakers all over it and then failed to wipe it down. They seem to walk around with this semi-aloof attitude that they are angels and fart flowers. Then listening to them talk, they are vulgar and rude. Most talk about sex or ****ing... the state of young women today....

Then you get guys on the treadmill who seem to be doing cross fit. They yell, pant and cuss like they are having an orgasm. "OH.... OH YES.... OH **** YES..... oh oh oh... feeeeewww". I could understand breathing hard on a machine when you are lifting hard, but come on... a treadmill? And these people always have earbuds jammed in their ears so they can pretend to be in their own little worlds.

Finally, the thing that pisses me off the most. Guys who are on the bench press alone... and they are heaving hard and you ask them if they would like a spotter, cause you know... death and all that... but they respond "NO THANKS" and give you this wierd look like you just asked them for gay sex. The same seems to happen when I ASK them to spot me, they walk by as if they are too busy and disgusted that I would interrupt their workout. Usually I just stick to the machines because I'm not stupid enough to get under the bar without someone standing over me. Mind you this is a Canadian gym, in Asia, I had a ton of people that offered to help me. What are gyms like where you are???

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The one thing I don't understand is why do girls who are already slim to the point of being shapeless go to the cardio machines? They are already slim and have little to no curves so what are they doing, are they trying to lose the last vestiges they have of a feminine shape? why aren't they doing weights for their lower body instead and eating some? I don't know, I guess other men like girls who look like they're malnourished and haven't developed a proper female body. Or is it their tv shows telling them to look like that?

Armourhead

Don Juan
Reaction score
I changed gyms recently to a garage style setup, older rusty equipment and generally blue collar trainees. Also there were virtually no women there. Definitely noticed a difference as every guy was focused solely on his workout rather than impressing some bimbo on the treadmill.

Unfortunately the owner told me he definitely plans to recruits some girls from the local college. He's hiring a trainer who just graduated from there to bring all her girlfriends to the gym. Damnit.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, none of that stuff really bothers me. I don't wipe down my machine and don't care if no one else does either. I'm usually too focused/distracted on my workout to notice if someone else's sweat gets on my clothes or touches me. I'm gonna shower after anyways.

The thing that bothers me though is when someone tries to occupy multiple machines at once. Like, why is this even a thing? It's so inconsiderate, especially when you want to use a high demand machine but some douchebag has his phone/keys/towel on it while he's also 20 feet away using a different machine. I'll move his **** (yes it's always a guy) and get on it, then he'll come back while I'm using it and give me a look. Yeah, I'm the a**hole here.

Also the guys who refuse to share the equipment but will sit on it for like half an hour, especially when it's a machine where you can change the weight in like 5 seconds. I'll ask if I can get a set in and they'll come up with some excuse why they won't then proceed to sit there for 2+ minutes between sets doing nothing. I could have got on the machine, changed the weight, finished my set, and put it back in 60 seconds... but no, continue to sit there doing nothing and not allowing anyone else to use it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have particular problems with women, I like to have them in the gym but given the choice I would like them in the area I dont use like cardio machines or some yoga room, they have no use in the weight room plus they create an annoying environment once they influence the behaviour of guys, sometime if ignored they make questions they dont clearly care about the answer like how a machine works only to say that they dont want big arms or fishing for compliments.

Anyway guess no one here is from Europe...now imagine guys gathering in groups of up to 4 people standing around you while sharing their theory about the footbball championship, trading players and schemes with the same energy of generals talking about war, that is what I call annoying.

Personally the best thing would be a gym big enough to have your space where you can isolate from those you dont want while having the space to gather with the ones who share your same goals, bordeline sociopathics ready to die under the bench press are my favourite spotters, they motivate me and exactly know how to behave to let me give my best.

The part time body builder who grabs the bar and pull it back once I slow down the push is an example of what we dont need, he see the big weight and get anxious, grabbing the bar its more about stopping his anxiety than helping you.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
So I go and do my exercises, in total I probably burn about 50 minutes. I don't talk or write sh1t on a piece of paper, I just go, relax and do my stuff. I always see dudes walking around pen in hand, or doing crazy sh1t on the equipment... but then there's the broads. The women at the gym don't actually look like they are doing anything beyond cardio. They go, in full makeup and it seems like, just walk around the gym with other girls whilst holding expensive water bottles. The times I do see them on the machines, they are doing the absolute minimum. Why do women even bother going to the gym at all??? The ratio of women to men at my gym is nearly 50 to 1. What I really don't like is some stupid broad on a machine that she clearly has no idea how to use and instead of trying to use it, she's just sitting there checking her phone. I've seen a few skinny dudes doing that too, boggles my mind.
Maybe it's a combination of the gym I go to and the time of day, (I'm in there as my Granny would say "fo' day,") but I don't encounter any of this sh*t. Then again like I said, if you're in the gym before sun up, you're obviously very serious and dedicated to working out, females included.

AND it clearly states in the rules, to wipe down your goddamn machine after you use it... yet MOST if not almost ALL of the people at the gym, never do this. Women sweat all over the goddamn place, but you think they could be bothered to take a paper towel and soap (which are glued to the wall nearby) and wipe their machine down? Nope.
LOL, I'm this gym. The reason why I don't wipe **** down is because I'm simply to lazy to walk over to sanitizing handy wipe thingy to get the sanitizing handy wipes. However, I do use a towel on the bench or the chair. What I don't like is muthaf*ckas who don't bother to rack the iron when their finished.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So everyone follows suit and eventually you pick up MRSA or Hep C.
The Hep C virus is not transmitted through sweat. It can be through blood, but you're just as likely to get it touching some other publically used thing like a door handle. And how likely is that? Well, if you literally prick yourself with a needle used by someone with Hep C your chances of getting it are only 2-10% (source).

MRSA can be transmitted through sweat, but is primarily a risk only if a scratch or wound gets in contact with it and you don't shower and wash afterwards. Also about 40% of people who have it have no symptoms and are perfectly fine. So if you do contract it, you will likely have little to no symptoms. Studies have been done showing a sizeable percentage of door handles with traces of MRSA too. How many doors have you opened in your life? How many publically used "things" have you touched? Just wiping something down doesn't protect you either, it needs to be sanitized. So do you walk around with paper towels and sanitizer, or latex gloves, everywhere you go?

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gym is really small. Most of the people are old. There are only 2 hot women that go there. When they are there, it kind of distracts me cause I find myself constantly checking out there butts in yoga pants while they work out. I don't wipe down machines and do not care if others do. I just wash my hands before I leave. I'm one of those a holes who uses multiple machines at once, but I don't leave my things on one while I'm on another.

I do see some weird stuff. Like a women who keeps her purse on her while she is on a treadmill or a woman who drinks iced tea while she works out lol.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a big local gym and there are 3 general types of women there:

1. The average 20-something who comes in for an hour, does some cardio while watching TV, a few weenie upper body exercises and maybe squats here and there, never breaking a sweat.
2. The 40+ moms who have a "trainer" (basically an in-shape younger female who runs them through a circuit and has chatty nail talk with them the whole time)
3. The hardcore fitness girls---they DO work hard and actually sweat, but they are either so self-absorbed they are insufferable to look at, or they are pretty nice but look like a man from behind and keep to themselves.

Oh and I almost forgot the old ladies who come in during the day to walk laps and roll around on the bouncy ball.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a big local gym and there are 3 general types of women there:

1. The average 20-something who comes in for an hour, does some cardio while watching TV, a few weenie upper body exercises and maybe squats here and there, never breaking a sweat.
I think that describes most people I see in the gym, male or female. Most look like they're perpetually warming up. Never see em break a sweat and it's like they're just casually moving weight the entire time.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gripe is when people talk around machines without someone in their party using them. I mean, okay bro I get it, maybe a lil chit chat in between sets or a joke or something but no. These dudes are having full conversations and taking 15 minutes between sets. Its mad inconsiderate.

I like the women in the yoga pants but they annoy me at the same time. Because even if they are actually in the gym training hard, something in the back of my brain is still like "This b1tch is just looking for some attention" lmao. Even when I actively see her squatting heavy.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
This has always been a pet peeve of mine about the gym. I would say about 30% of the people that go, are there to actually work the fvck out lol. The other 70% are there to stand around, pretend like they are doing something (so they can tell people they go to the gym) and spend a lot of time socializing.

If you go early in the morning to a lot of gyms, you will see a LOT of retired/old guys who are on every damn cardio machine going literally the slowest you could fvcking go. Nobody can do any serious damn cardio due to these guys.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So last night I was reminded why I posted in this thread. My entire gym was packed, people were standing around just waiting for machines to open. I wanted a squat rack but the best I could get after a few minutes was some type of squat machine. Good enough, whatever. I notice there's a squat machine with a built in bar "occupied," someone had pulled up a movable bench under it and covered the area with their sh*t. But no one was there. I'm a few sets in to my thing and finally a big dude walks up to the machine. It's his stuff. He sits down on the bench he pulled up under it and what does he do? He starts lifting dumbbells... he lifts free weights, under the squat bar. This guy is literally not using the machine, but decided to place a movable bench under the bar and occupy the entire thing. He finishes his free weight set in 30 seconds, gets up, and walks away for another 5 min... with all his **** occupying the machine. The machine he's not using. At all.

Meanwhile there's 1 or 2 people just standing around waiting for some type of leg/squat machine to open up.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So last night I was reminded why I posted in this thread. My entire gym was packed, people were standing around just waiting for machines to open. I wanted a squat rack but the best I could get after a few minutes was some type of squat machine. Good enough, whatever. I notice there's a squat machine with a built in bar "occupied," someone had pulled up a movable bench under it and covered the area with their sh*t. But no one was there. I'm a few sets in to my thing and finally a big dude walks up to the machine. It's his stuff. He sits down on the bench he pulled up under it and what does he do? He starts lifting dumbbells... he lifts free weights, under the squat bar. This guy is literally not using the machine, but decided to place a movable bench under the bar and occupy the entire thing. He finishes his free weight set in 30 seconds, gets up, and walks away for another 5 min... with all his **** occupying the machine. The machine he's not using. At all.

Meanwhile there's 1 or 2 people just standing around waiting for some type of leg/squat machine to open up.
I dont get how these problems keep happening for you guys. Maybe its different in the US? If he tried that in my gym id first of all ask someone nearby "is someone using the bar?" Since he couldve gone to the restroom. If no one is, you move whatever **** you need to and start lifting. If they say someone is but he comes back and does dumbbell curls in the power rack or something, i would just say im gonna use the power rack. If hes too slow to get what i mean, you say you need the space.

But again, these problems are unfamiliar to me. Only had to teach a guy how things work in a gym once. Do you guys go to sh!t gyms or what?

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My pet peeve at the gym is seeing people with horrific form. You know, the people doing barbell squats that maybe go down 6 inches, or people who are using dumb bells that put their whole body into action & use momentum to get reps in. I used to try and correct them and they'd look at me like I was a dumbass, even though I have an ACSM certification. I don't even offer advice anymore, I just shake my head or roll my eyes and go about getting my workout done.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My pet peeve at the gym is seeing people with horrific form. You know, the people doing barbell squats that maybe go down 6 inches, or people who are using dumb bells that put their whole body into action & use momentum to get reps in. I used to try and correct them and they'd look at me like I was a dumbass, even though I have an ACSM certification. I don't even offer advice anymore, I just shake my head or roll my eyes and go about getting my workout done.
I like the guys who stack the leg press machine to the brim with 45's, then proceed go down 3 inches each rep... OH SH*T everybody, we got a badass!