Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Grip strength

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not for whacking it when you're bored. Let some chick do that for you.

I posted this because I recently got back into those hand grip trainers. I literally have not used one of these things since around 1990 and the design has improved some. I ordered the Captains of Crush 100 lb. to get me started and see where I'm at. I'm right handed, so what was most surprising to me was just how badly out of shape I was on my left. After exercising with this thing for a little over a week i got my left hand/forearm into considerably better shape than it had been and it helped make an improvement in some of the curls i do. I'm still at 35 lb. dumbbells but am trying to make the move to 50 lb. ones within the next month.

Anyway you can buy this thing on Amazon for like $25 and the best thing about it is you can work out even if you're sitting at work with nothing else to do. I was also having a hard time finding some decent forearm exercises with the equipment I have at home and was pretty cheap. I'd highly recommend giving one a try. I'm going to move up to the 140 lb. within 1-2 months.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not for whacking it when you're bored. Let some chick do that for you.

I posted this because I recently got back into those hand grip trainers. I literally have not used one of these things since around 1990 and the design has improved some. I ordered the Captains of Crush 100 lb. to get me started and see where I'm at. I'm right handed, so what was most surprising to me was just how badly out of shape I was on my left. After exercising with this thing for a little over a week i got my left hand/forearm into considerably better shape than it had been and it helped make an improvement in some of the curls i do. I'm still at 35 lb. dumbbells but am trying to make the move to 50 lb. ones within the next month.

Anyway you can buy this thing on Amazon for like $25 and the best thing about it is you can work out even if you're sitting at work with nothing else to do. I was also having a hard time finding some decent forearm exercises with the equipment I have at home and was pretty cheap. I'd highly recommend giving one a try. I'm going to move up to the 140 lb. within 1-2 months.
Man I've been trying to improve grip strength for years. I've made improvements but genetics limit me so much. I want my forearms to be bigger than the rest of my body, in relation. I have not figured out how to do this yet. I hang from bars for extended amounts of time, due forearm curls, roll up newspapers, climb ropes, etc. My strength is there but the size isn't. And, when I shake hands with someone with natural strength, I'm no match. So it all seems futile.

When I worked out back in the day I did farmer's walks and deadlifts, but never got noticeable size increases. Especially in proportion with everything else. Maybe these crippers are the way to go.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I have those, my trainer has me use them regularly, they are brutal...

I have the training set of 3 but I've never gotten off the first one...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, in the traditional robe called a "Gi," involves a lot of grip strength. A BJJ Gi has a thick, heavy collar that won't tear. Many of the moves revolve around grip strength on that collar. Choking someone with their own Gi is a common move.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hand grip trainers are good. Deadlifts, farmers walks, wrist curls, hammercurls, pullups are all good.

But the main thing is time. You need to exercise your grip over a long period of time. It can take years to develop. Rest them every now and then so that your forearms can repair and grow.

Dont compare yourself to naturally gifted guys with amazing strength and grip without much training. They aren't in the same boat as you, and it's something you need to accept and be cool with.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or simply take grip out of the equation and buy two ton hooks. Lots of exercises are limited in weight you can use by your grip strength. Taking that out of the equation leads to massive increases in weight(sometimes up to 100 lbs) depending on exercise, which leads to muscle growth.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just as an update, since my left hand was the one that needed improvement I made sure that I did as many reps on the left as I did on the right. Well, the meaty area between your thumb and index finger is now very sore on my left hand and has been for a couple days. Have had to lay off any more grip exercises until it heals, so i'm gonna have to slow down some on that side.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you feel better, you might try some rope pull-ups. Throw a thick piece of rope over a pull-up bar. I use a dog toy. It will cut your pull-up reps in half, doing it with the rope, but it's good for grip strength and easier on the elbows than bar pull-ups.

Midnight_Oil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop worrying about training your forearms in isolation and start moving around heavy weights, ie deadlifts and weighted chinups.