Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got the number is it better to text or call ?

Thechamp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok got the number now what ? Call or txt her and what to say just the old boring old want to catch up when your free ? I find its Too needy?, also I try to avoid weekends to meet up because means I'm too avadaible ? What's your take guys ?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday night text her for a date Friday
"I want to ask you out for a drink Friday, at 8 ok"

never ever ask "when you are free" or "sometime". "are you free this weekend"
Catch up? WTF? yes impress her with old shlt... nothing new, no anticipation, blablabla

Assume they are always free and want to meet you.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be a phone guy. But making conversation with a stranger is just too annoying and it's giving them more opportunity to screen you out for some random thought they had. It's also more investment from your side which would be better spent chasing other girls

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends... in my experience older women (40 yo and up) prefer a phone call. Younger like texting better. I have few flakes with younger women I text, it gives them time to make an excuse if they don't want to go out with you. You call them up, put them on the spot, they'll say yes, then their cat has a panic attack, 30 minutes before you pick her up.

I'd much rather a women just flat out tell me she's 'busy', rather than flake on me at the last minute. You know where you stand right away then you can move on. Older women are used to saying no to men over the phone, since when they were teenagers, that's what they did.... younger women were raised with cell phones, messaging, and email.... they don't know how to handle it. It took me a while... and I only really learned this in the last year.

But if you text a woman and ask her out, and she doesn't get back with you in a reasonable amount of time, assume it's a no and move on. For God's sake do not start texting her for an answer. You ask once... wait for a response, if it's more than a day, make other plans.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I think that calling is more direct. Voice mail is a pain. Bit if you have a distilled idea of a VM you'll leave if you have to, it still comes off as direct.

Either way, electronic communications are for setting up dates. Not puking your feelings, just keeping in touch or trying to pretend that you are busy.

Last edited:

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither.

I would mail that $#!7 (i.e., love letter) via Certified Mail, Signature Confirmation, Return Receipt Requested, like a boss.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too needy?, also I try to avoid weekends to meet up because means I'm too avadaible [sic] ?
Do you see how your quoted questions surrender you into HER frame? Worried about her impressions of, and how she perceives, you?

Here is the deeper element of your thinking that you need to work on. Frankly, the medium used to communicate is irrelevant.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to call. No answer

Text. Straight answer

Get a date. Get laid

I hang around chick's between 20 to 40.

Just send a time/place

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always call unless she texts first. If she sends me a text, I'll make the date through text right then and there.

Don't respond to text messages until you have a definite time and place in mind.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be a phone guy. But making conversation with a stranger is just too annoying and it's giving them more opportunity to screen you out for some random thought they had. It's also more investment from your side which would be better spent chasing other girls
It's not that serious.