Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting back into shape

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My weight has fluctuated since high school. At around 5'8, I've been as light as 120 lbs. (a rail) and as heavy as 175 (I would consider myself fat here.) Last year I leaned up for Halloween to go as Dexter and dropped down to about 143 lbs from about 155. Since last year I'm now 20 lbs. heavier at 163. Not yet "fat" but I'm at the dreaded middle ground of skinny-fat.

How I've always gained and lost weight is simple: For the former: pizza, ice cream and beer. For the latter: I cut calories to around 1400 and do around 15 minutes of cardio every other day. The thing is I loathe running or jogging of any kind... and it also makes me super hungry. I always feel like I'm starving with cardio. I'll be trying a different approach to dropping the weight this time with a no running approach and will document it here week by week every Monday.

I'll be walking at least 3 miles every day except for one off/cheat day, will do light strength training (it's possible to still build muscle while dropping fat; at least for me) and will be cutting my calories to 1600 or less daily (except for one). My BMR is around 1700, so with the added walking and exercise the weight should come off at around a lbs. or two a week with my goal weight being 145 or less. I have a Jeep I'm working on restoring and modding, so this should help in the monotony of simply walking a path every day. I'm on my feet a lot and constantly moving when working on or washing my cars and my pedometer app keeps track of it all.

I'll document everything today just as a starter. The app gives me my calories burned in conjunction with my current weight as well.

Current weight: 163 lbs; around 1750 BMR
Today's calories: 1570
Walking Distance: 3.40 miles; 351 calories burned

I'll be back next Monday with what I walked during the week and total calories expended. Again, every day will be under 1600 calories except for one.

Last edited:

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This was a rough week keeping up with my goal of walking three miles a day. Lots of parties, booze, and Halloween candy. I even took one day off and broke my 1600 calories or less a day limit twice instead of once.

Still, we've made some progress.

Current weight: 161.6 lbs
Weekly Walking Distance (Oct. 24-30): 15.33 miles (1,577 calories burned total)
Total cheat days above 1600 calories: 2

With Halloween over I'll be trying to walk more, party less and eat better. Less booze too, although I do have a party to attend this Saturday.