Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Game Plan for New Home

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last month, my water & waste bill was $215. That week, the city neglected to pick up my garbage. This is not the first time it's happened. I have to say that I'm fvcking tired of being tied to the city's utilities and services. It seems that the more I pay, the worse the services get.

About a year ago, I watched a documentary on Earthships. For a summary, they're completely self-sustaining buildings. They collect water and power for your use, and you don't pay anybody 5hit for it. Your only costs are basically propane for cooking, and perhaps replacing your batteries every few years.

Here's a brief video about one.

I wish I was 15 years younger. I would've planned my life completely different to acquire one of these. But there's no time like the present to plan on acquiring one of these and saying FVCK YOU to the utility system that I've been tied to.

I'm eventually going to own my parents' house when they're too old or dead to live in it anymore. That is going to be the key to getting this whole thing started. I can either use that house as a second income to help pay for building my new home, or sell it to pay a huge chunk. I also have my own home which has gone up in value since I purchased it 10 years ago.

I think what I'd like to do is get one to live in now, and then build another one somewhere warmer when I retire. I'd relocate to a warmer place right now, but I love my job too much to do so. I have no desire to relocate and risk losing a job that I absolutely love which pays pretty well.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I watched the video. Those are cool as hell. I've seen some of the Alaska shows where people live off grid like this. What I have wondered is, are they really able to sustain enough solar power and rain water to make this comfortable? I've never had solar power. I've had wells that have dried up, but always been within 10 miles of the nearest town where I could go get more water to replenish the well. People far out yonder aren't going to have that choice. Assuming you had enough to sustain yourself out there, I think this would be some really awesome living.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone built one of these houses here, just a 10 minute drive outside the city. I'm thinking about contacting them and getting some ideas and information from them, and maybe even a tour. They apparently built the house themselves which took two years.