Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gaining weight without increasing waistline

bushman

Don Juan
Reaction score
hello guys I am new here... been reading all the threads for some time.

here's my question:

1. Is it possible to gain weight without increasing my waistline? I meant is it possible to pack lean muscles while maintaining my waist?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could give you a technical answer but whats with the question anyways? If you want to pack on lean muscle mass then follow the info here and do that...why the concern about a waistline?

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, losing fat while building muscle. Almost like the holy grail of body building.

Calories In > Calories Out = Build Muscle
Calories Out > Calories In = Weight loss

Traditionally you can really only do one thing at a time effectively. Build muscle if that's what you want to do, or burn fat, but both at the same time and you're mostly spinning your wheels. It's best just to choose one and go all out at it. And least that's the common practice and it's got results to back it up. Bulk, then cut, then bulk, then cut.

Take a look at this page if you want, supposed to be a new look at losing fat and building muscle at the same time.
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_carb_cycling_codex
Never tried it myself, but it sounded so damn interesting I'm probably going to give it a go starting next Monday. If you're feeling adventurous, test it out with me and we can both report back in a month or two.

bushman

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Could give you a technical answer but whats with the question anyways? If you want to pack on lean muscle mass then follow the info here and do that...why the concern about a waistline?

Let's say I want to maintain my waistline... while packing lean muscles is that possible?

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
this calorie in and calorie out equation is simply bs. a calorie is not just a calorie, there are different types of food and how it is processed in the body. yes you can build muscle while burning fat. in fact, the more muscle u build, the more fat u will burn. im not going to write a whole book here, but basically eat clean, do cardio, and work out. and u WILL achieve both.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bushman said:
Let's say I want to maintain my waistline... while packing lean muscles is that possible?

Eat

Protein/Fat

Carbs are the things that make you gain weight, if you only eat protein and fat with little carbs then you will gain muscle mass while keeping your body weight as close to what you have now.

Plus the whole Cut/Bulk thing can be done at the same time just with slower results ....you can eat super clean while gaining muscle and simultaneously losing weight.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes mate, Of course you can.

In the past 6 months or so, my body weight has increased from about 62kg, up to nearly 70kg now, but ive got less fat than I had before, all the increase is muscle. So yes it is possible.

My routine is weights about 4 times a week, both upper and lower body, squats in particular are very important. and a bit of cardio.
I dont need to do much cardio becaseu im naturally very skinning, hence my current attempts to majorly bulk up. But if you are worried about your waistline, do a bit more cardio to help increase your calorie burn and also get aerobically fit as a bonus!
Lifting weights is in itself a good way to lose/control fat, both through calorie burn, and through the fact that more muscle=more calories consumes at all times.

To build muscle while maintaining your waistline, eat a healthy, normal diet of carbs, protien, fat, avoid bad processed foods. and do weights as often as you can, and as much cardio as you feel you need to. your body only stores fat when calories in > calories out. so if your waistline is expanding, do more exercise of any kind! or eat slightly less. but I'd reccomend more exersise!

good luck!!