Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fall of America

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
History is very valuable as it tends to repeat itself. History says all great civilizations are doomed to fall at some point, does anyone think that America will be no different?

I feel like we should somehow be able to learn from the other societies to avoid it, but I'm still unsure. Would America fall before a civilization like China, or the UK?

Any of you got some thoughts on the matter?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of ancient civilizations were destroyed by climate change. Drought and famine lead to war and fighting over scarce resources.

It's easy to think that won't happen to us. But drop the median temp of North America by just a couple of degrees, and the grain production of the upper midwest drops dramatically. A lot of our food is produced on land that has just barely long enough of a summer to produce a crop.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States has been dying a slow death since the 1950's. In the 1950's a man with nothing more than a high school diploma could get a great job, buy a house, a car, and he had plenty of money left over that his wife could be a stay at home mother. Today, people with Master's Degree's that barely scrape by to pay rent on a 1 bedroom apartment each month. With each passing generation standards of living have gotten worse. Credentials inflation is forcing people to go to college for jobs that previously did not require degrees. For example, grocery stores and retail chains requiring assistant managers to have a bachelors degree. Social Security is run like a giant ponzi scheme that the boomers willl eventually bankrupt. Add in a bunch of bullsh1t wars to boot. The faster we collapse the faster we can rebuild.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Too many stupid people in America.

I feel like we should somehow be able to learn from the other societies to avoid it, but I'm still unsure. Would America fall before a civilization like China, or the UK?
you feel like you should learn from another society but you are still unsure? Amazing... this is so typical for Americans. No America is on its way down because people have their heads planted firmly up their a.sses, keep waving your flags boys.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
America is already on the way down. I believe our Generation (Millennials) will be the last generation of America to enjoy the country in some sort of "mirrored image" of what it used to be. I feel sorry for Generation Z and the other generations coming up behind us. Globalization and Technology Automation are going to continue to drive up productivity, profits and sales, but the only ones truly benefiting will be those at the TOP 5% of the income ladder, while the other 95% struggle to get by on the LITTLE benefits that the government might be able to provide them.

It will even get so bad, that as those 95% struggle you will see the embrace of more of the "lower class/gutter" culture, and many of the top 5% will MOVE OUT of the United States and move into other countries in terms of residence, while still doing business with the United States (and even flying back and forth to the US as the cost of flights will somehow come down as well) even though they would have left the US awhile ago.

This is my prediction.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many stupid people in America.

you feel like you should learn from another society but you are still unsure? Amazing... this is so typical for Americans. No America is on its way down because people have their heads planted firmly up their a.sses, keep waving your flags boys.
I don't think you read my post correctly fam.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it's already on the wrong end of the parabola. We're past our prime. It sucks but you have to take off the rose colored glasses. The liberals want to make us like Europe, and the conservatives don't ever put like able candidates in play (I'm hopeful with the Donald though). But of course the executive branch isn't to blame at all, the house and senate can't agree on anything productive. Supreme Court is super liberal.

And then there's the problem of the public. We're a pvssified nation of PC social justice blue pillers. There's really no hope.
Hillary is going to chew up Trump and spit him out unfortunately.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All societies collapse. It's baked into the cake. The only type of society that has been "stable" were hunter-gatherer groups of a few hundred. That's only because they were few in number and were nomadic, and basically practice "slash burn" type economies. Take until it's gone, then move on. They are responsible for a lot of extinctions of large fauna. Large societies still try the same model, but since they end up cannibalizes themselves, or they can't be nomadic due to size (even though empires pretty much used the same hunter-gatherer strategy, they just went, stole, and brought it back), they inevitably collapse. Governments take from segments of society, and give to others. Once society passes the general tipping point of consuming more than they produce (in aggregate) it's only a matter of time.

How ours will collapse is another matter. It could happen slowly, a decay, or with a bang, aka nuclear war.

Interesting times, to say the least.

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
All societies collapse. It's baked into the cake. The only type of society that has been "stable" were hunter-gatherer groups of a few hundred. That's only because they were few in number and were nomadic, and basically practice "slash burn" type economies. Take until it's gone, then move on. They are responsible for a lot of extinctions of large fauna. Large societies still try the same model, but since they end up cannibalizes themselves, or they can't be nomadic due to size (even though empires pretty much used the same hunter-gatherer strategy, they just went, stole, and brought it back), they inevitably collapse. Governments take from segments of society, and give to others. Once society passes the general tipping point of consuming more than they produce (in aggregate) it's only a matter of time.

How ours will collapse is another matter. It could happen slowly, a decay, or with a bang, aka nuclear war.

Interesting times, to say the least.
But it may not necessarily be in any of our lifetimes. In fact things could end up going really well before it all goes down hill.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always laugh my butt off at people thinking these democrat-run cities are 'recovering'. Once they fall, they don't come back. Funny enough, the Detroit metro is thriving, go up to the northern suburbs.

Only cities that dems run that aren't complete sh*t are the ones too big to fail, like Chicago and Atlanta, and even those are 75% sh*t. It's just that the 25% is folks like Coca Cola, Boeing, Sears and Home Depot. About the only left in cities like Detroit is 'gentrifying' and creating entertainment districts and restaurants in 'vintage' areas.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois is crumbling as a state. We have the worst corruption and the lowest credit rating. The state couldn't pay lotto winners a few months ago; they have started getting paid again. The DMV can't afford to send reminder notices any more. The one near me had grass outside a foot tall in late summer. The front door was broken and the entry way tiles were chipped. The state is too broke to maintain things.

That article said Detroit schools had something like $6.5 billion in pension liability. The Illinois governor is going after pensions to save money.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But it may not necessarily be in any of our lifetimes. In fact things could end up going really well before it all goes down hill.
Best case scenario is that we end up like Japan, with the Fed just pretty much buying everything. Even then it would be pretty crappy for most people. Not a total collapse, society would still more or less function, but more and more people would be on food stamps, taxes would slowly creep up, government "services" would get worse and worse.

At the same time, China and Russia would have to SLOWLY replace the dollar.

PROBLEM is that the Military Industrial Complex (and all the other complexes) are going to fight to the death BEFORE they let the dollar lose it's reserve status. As it stands now, all the "industrial complexes" and pretty much run off government printed money.

BUT when that party ends, prices of a LOT OF THINGS will increase significantly. Americans will have to BALANCE TRADE. We can only import equal to what we export.

Because we import WAY MORE ENERGY than the stuff we export, if the dollar loses it's reserve status, and other countries that sell stuff (oil, food, etc) want currency OTHER THAN DOLLARS (like gold, for example) we are irrevocably FVCKED.

Gas would be twenty bucks a gallon. Food would be ten times as expensive (as oil is used in every step of the way).

And unfortunately, there is VERY LITTLE CHANCE the dollar will maintain it's reserve status for another thirty years.

There might not be a total collapse, like back to the stone age, but there is going to be a VERY PAINFUL reset.

Imagine forty million people realizing their food stamps only buy ONE TENTH of what they used to.

Imagine all the cops and public school teachers who realize their pensions are WORTHLESS.

Imagine the entire health care industry, where up to EIGHTY PERCENT is paid for by FED money. That means all the drugs, all the doctor visits, all the hospital stays, are now TEN TIMES AS EXPENSIVE.

In all likelihood, not a lot will survive.

Here're some fantastic books that explains not only WHY we are likely to collapse soon, but why there's NOTHING we can do about it.

The New Depression

The Crash Course

The Death Of Money

If you got forty minutes check this out:

If you want to understand the problem IN FULL DETAIL:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/crashcourse

BOTTOM LINE:

I believe there is a very high probability that in OUR LIFETIMES (I'm 49 btw) there will a significant economic event, or series of events, that will cause a catastrophic change of the way we live.

No idea what that will be, but it will likely involve wars, millions of not billions of deaths, and a significant decrease in economic freedom and potential for everybody but the top 1%.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read that a typical blue whale sh!ts out about 6,000 pounds every day. I knew whales ate phytoplankton, but I didn't know that phytoplankton eat whale sh!t, which are then eaten by the larger zooplankton, beginning a chain of everything being eaten by something bigger...all the way up to the whales.

As soon as we hit 2 degree Celsius about the historical mean temp for Earth, which we are on track to do in the next 20-30 years, it melts the huge methane bomb in the Asian permafrost, and then global temps spiral up to 6 degrees above the mean. That will wipe out enough human activity to take care of the global warming problem. As soon as the warming of the ocean makes it acidify enough to kill the reefs and the plankton, "seafood" is going to take on a whole new meaning. Instead of Red Lobster...think of scraping green slime off rocks. That's going to be the only thing edible left in the ocean, which at the moment, half of the world's people depend upon as their primary food source.

I don't live near the ocean, so fvck all those people, right? The problem for people like me is that the ocean drives the weather over all land, no matter where you live. Droughts and crop failures will become normal. Billions of people get their fresh water from ocean storms that dump rain into the Himalayan mountains, including India, Pakistan, and China, none of whom like each other very much, to say the least, and all of whom have nuclear weapons. Pakistan and India currently share the water of the Indus river by a very tenuous treaty agreement. When that river dries up, millions of people are going to die. It presents a very new calculus to a leader pondering war. If your people are just about to die by the millions from an environmental disaster, the loss of life from war might not seem so bad by comparison.

logicallefty

Reaction score

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
I just read that a typical blue whale sh!ts out about 6,000 pounds every day. I knew whales ate phytoplankton, but I didn't know that phytoplankton eat whale sh!t, which are then eaten by the larger zooplankton, beginning a chain of everything being eaten by something bigger...all the way up to the whales.

As soon as we hit 2 degree Celsius about the historical mean temp for Earth, which we are on track to do in the next 20-30 years, it melts the huge methane bomb in the Asian permafrost, and then global temps spiral up to 6 degrees above the mean. That will wipe out enough human activity to take care of the global warming problem. As soon as the warming of the ocean makes it acidify enough to kill the reefs and the plankton, "seafood" is going to take on a whole new meaning. Instead of Red Lobster...think of scraping green slime off rocks. That's going to be the only thing edible left in the ocean, which at the moment, half of the world's people depend upon as their primary food source.

I don't live near the ocean, so fvck all those people, right? The problem for people like me is that the ocean drives the weather over all land, no matter where you live. Droughts and crop failures will become normal. Billions of people get their fresh water from ocean storms that dump rain into the Himalayan mountains, including India, Pakistan, and China, none of whom like each other very much, to say the least, and all of whom have nuclear weapons. Pakistan and India currently share the water of the Indus river by a very tenuous treaty agreement. When that river dries up, millions of people are going to die. It presents a very new calculus to a leader pondering war. If your people are just about to die by the millions from an environmental disaster, the loss of life from war might not seem so bad by comparison.
War isn't always a bad thing in the big picture, sometimes it's necessary. It can reduce population which is good for the environment.

Seems like over population can cause a lot of suffering amongst the population and strain resources.

I believe the best way to live was like Indians, living off the land and letting people die from disease or infection. It's part of evolution. The strong survive. I don't condone keeping sick people alive with machines or drugs. Just let them go.

But it is how it is in our society.

I say let people pass on. Accept it. They suffer less this way.