Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercises to developp pectoral muscles to do at home

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Elevated pushups with some form of weight on your back.

Then do isometric pushups where you hold at the bottom for as long as possible

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dumbell pec flies, straight arm pullover bent arm pullover. All done lying down on your bed. Don't need a weight bench. Wide push-ups

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Elevated pushups with some form of weight on your back.

Then do isometric pushups where you hold at the bottom for as long as possible
When you say elevated, do you elevate your feet or your upper body, or both?

I do regular pushups pretty often but need some more variation.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say elevated, do you elevate your feet or your upper body, or both?

I do regular pushups pretty often but need some more variation.
Elevate your feet...higher they are the more difficult they will be so you can keep moving up in height to make it harder...

Also look into doing something called a foundation push up where you twist your elbows in close to your body, really isolates the pecs and is a lot harder than normal pushups...my trainer has me doing those sometimes...rough

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Elevate your feet...higher they are the more difficult they will be so you can keep moving up in height to make it harder...

Also look into doing something called a foundation push up where you twist your elbows in close to your body, really isolates the pecs and is a lot harder than normal pushups...my trainer has me doing those sometimes...rough

I am currently preparing physically to join the local volunteer fire brigade, and one thing you have to do is a certain amount of push ups but with your ellbows against your body. Do those make your pecs work more than regular push ups ?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently preparing physically to join the local volunteer fire brigade, and one thing you have to do is a certain amount of push ups but with your ellbows against your body. Do those make your pecs work more than regular push ups ?
Yes.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title says it all
Regular pushups, then plyometric pushups where you 'jump' up and clap while off the ground. Then do some dips between countertops at a corner.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlifts, pull-ups, and barbell rows. To give the appearance of a bigger chest, you need to strengthen your back. Doing such straightens your posture and lifts your chest out. Most men have no issues with the size of their pects. Their chest is overdeveloped compared to their back, which is why so many have shoulder pain and ****ty posture.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlifts, pull-ups, and barbell rows. To give the appearance of a bigger chest, you need to strengthen your back. Doing such straightens your posture and lifts your chest out. Most men have no issues with the size of their pects. Their chest is overdeveloped compared to their back, which is why so many have shoulder pain and ****ty posture.
Unless he has a pull up bar he can't do any of these at home....

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless he has a pull up bar he can't do any of these at home....
Rows can be done with dumbbells. Pull up bars can be found cheaply.

The deadlift is the most basic lift known to man. Try using loaded rims / tires. They typically weigh about 50 lbs. Lift them up from between your legs. That's a deadlift. Another one is to to load up a box with weight or heavy books and lift it from the ground to a standing position. Do as many reps as needed, and decrease the rest time between sets. (The body responds to less rest the same as higher intensity).

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rows can be done with dumbbells. Pull up bars can be found cheaply.

The deadlift is the most basic lift known to man. Try using loaded rims / tires. They typically weigh about 50 lbs. Lift them up from between your legs. That's a deadlift. Another one is to to load up a box with weight or heavy books and lift it from the ground to a standing position. Do as many reps as needed, and decrease the rest time between sets. (The body responds to less rest the same as higher intensity).
I'd be really careful about doing deadlifts with anything having a weird shape or an area you don't have a good grabbing point for...that's begging for a back injury, especially if you don't know proper form to begin with.

Personally if i had to work out at home I'd buy a army duffel bag, a zip tie and about 100 lbs of sand and then fill it up to about 30 pounds and start working out with it and increase the amount of sand as you go...

I do go to the gym but still do sandbag workouts in the summer some days, and they are brutal.

Tons of videos on YouTube with sandbag workouts. Cheap, effective and can really get you in shape quickly. You can pretty much do any workout you do at the gym with a sandbag.

Doubt 5% of people could handle dong a Turkish Get Up with a 75 lb sandbag on their shoulder. You gotta be a beast to handle that.