Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dont you just hate leg day?

KOKid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i dont wanna look like Zac efron but seriously guys, what do you tell yourself everytime you wanna skip a leg day? My pt told me to eat like 4 chicken legs after that. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to eat or supplements to take after?
Do I hate leg day? Not really it's the walking after squats or the next day on the foam roller.

I skip the pre workout, but I take the same sups as any other day albeit later, because I'm usually sick to my stomach after a leg work out.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i dont wanna look like Zac efron but seriously guys, what do you tell yourself everytime you wanna skip a leg day? My pt told me to eat like 4 chicken legs after that. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to eat or supplements to take after?
I've never wanted to skip leg day...
There is nothing special you need to eat or drink after...

Stop being a b!tch and accept the challenge. Push yourself. Stop allowing yourself to be held back by your pre-conceived limitations you've put on yourself when you are capable of so much more if you'd just push yourself past them.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Splitting hairs...

Both exercises are beneficial. In my opinion the most important factor is to do one or both of them CONSISTENTLY.
Yeah...And one of the best way to get huge traps and shoulders is to do heavy deadlifts and on the last rep of each set, hold it at the top as long as you can while letting it stretch your traps down, and then follow that with as many shrugs as you can...

And get Two Ton Hooks...you will pull a hell of a lot of more weight by taking your weakest part of the equation, namely your grip strength which is always the limiting factor once you start getting up to heavier and heavier weights...

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Back on topic fellas:

Leg day is my favorite day of the week.

and nothing goes better on a set of legs, like nylons and heels.

Philippines if anyone was wondering.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen any type or amount of clothing that made her look better than she looks nude.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had leg day yesterday:
Squats: 10 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 4
Hamstring curls: 10 / 8 / 6 / 5 / 4
Split squats: 5 x 5 (these almost work my forearms more than my legs)
I normally do some vertical jumps onto a platform with some plates stacked underneath to make it higher, but some class was using all of them that day so it was a no go.

I remember reading a while ago on another website that squatting makes you have bigger arms lol. I read the whole article and still had some doubt in me. Well a few months ago, I decided to do legs pretty much every day for a week (rested the weekends). After the weekend was over, I tried doing bench again. My friend was like "man you hit legs all of last week and didn't none of that upper body sh!t and your bench went up. Like that's just stupid." Thought that was pretty funny.

It's basically because (since you have more muscle in the lower half of your body) your body produces more testosterone to recover. That test isn't just absorbed by your legs, but by everything. Plus, squatting supposedly works your CNS more so you have better neuromuscular connection. Correct me if I'm wrong though guys.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only use free weights... I typically do not use machines because I rather not take the time to set them all up, and also because I think that having a more free motion is more natural and improves stability. I also do not tend to isolate muscles in exercises and I prefer compound exercises. For instance, I do not do simple bicep curls, instead I do a curl and go right into a swimmers press at the top.

I only do weightlifting typically 4 days out of the week, the other 3 days are cardio or running. I know cardio does not build mass, in fact it chances your muscle types to slow twitch fibers which are smaller. However, I prefer to be balanced and have a more lean muscular appearance. Plus I like running, I always end my runs with a full speed wind sprint to failure to get my dose of "runners high", feels good.

As for leg exercises which I do... I do lunges holding weights, squats (regular and wide), sometimes bodyweight squats on one leg, deadlift, and I do single leg calf raises holding a weight in one hand and balancing against something on the other hand.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cables and free motion machines have an advantage over using dumbbells because the tension is the same all the way through the motion whereas when using dumbbells it is not and its much easier on the way down than on the way up. Don't get me wrong, free weights are great and cannot be beat for compound movements, but cables and machines do have their place.

That being said, most people would be far better off if they would focus on compound free weight movements for their 1st year to build a solid foundation. Far too many people are wasting time on isolation type movements trying to "shape" and "define" muscles they don't have.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many pounds?

I read a scientific study that confirmed what you said about squatting and other lower body exercises helping release testosterone that helps you build bigger arms.

That being said, if you want bigger arms, you have to do compound and isolation lifts that build bigger biceps and triceps. Squatting and deadlifting alone won't build huge arms.

Here's my favorite arms exercises:

- chin ups
- barbell bicep curls
- dumbbell bicep curls (alternate, hammer, concentration etc)
- overhead triceps extensions (barbell/dumbbell)
- triceps pushdowns
- pushups

Some compound lifts I like to do include lots of rowing exercises (seated rows, bent over barbell and dumbbell rows) and of course the bench press.
Squats: 90, 110, 130, 150, 180 (Cut me some slack, I turned 17 not too long ago)
Hamstring curls (they only have the machine at my gym so the pulley system prolly makes it easier : 100, 110, 115, 120, 125
Split squats: 130 (65 in each hand. I cant go more becuase I have trouble holding onto the dumbells for 5 sets).

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
DUH! Any routine that effects you negatively, you'd better lighten the weight, reduce the number of reps/sets, or both.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat wide...in studies the quads get the same amount of work no matter what position your legs are in but the hams and glutes get more work the wider your feet get.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you guys do bulgarian split squats?

I'm looking for an alternative leg mass builder to squats that carries less chance of injury to the lower back. Whenever the lower back pain flares up I take a break from legs then return and its fine for a week or 2 and then it flares up again. I don't want it to keep returning and I don't want to keep skipping leg day.

I'm thinking
-Bulgarian split squats
-Straight/romanian deadlifts (my back is completely fine with this one)
-Hip thrusts/weighted glute bridges
-calf raises

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you guys do bulgarian split squats?

I'm looking for an alternative leg mass builder to squats that carries less chance of injury to the lower back. Whenever the lower back pain flares up I take a break from legs then return and its fine for a week or 2 and then it flares up again. I don't want it to keep returning and I don't want to keep skipping leg day.

I'm thinking
-Bulgarian split squats
-Straight/romanian deadlifts (my back is completely fine with this one)
-Hip thrusts/weighted glute bridges
-calf raises
Split squats are tremendous...I love them, very effective especially when done properly.

Personally I think leg presses are overrated. Not terrible but not great either.

I really like Hack squats...saw significant growth in the front middle of my quads when I started doing them...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Front squats
Hack squats
Goblet squats
Lunges
Leg curls
Leg press
Reverse curls
Mountainbiking
I can't fvck with front squats...they bruise the hell out of my shoulders and no matter how hard try I cannot flex my elbows far enough up to hold the bar properly...oh well, I don't care, my legs are beyond jacked anyways, I don't need them, lmao

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,

I tried out the method I put above

-bulgarian split squats on Jones machine
-Romanian deadlift
-Hipthrusts
-calf raises

All for sets of failure at 10 (ish) reps

It felt good, the splits squats were tiring and and I got the same feeling of muscle breakdown as I get from normal squats, just 1 leg at a time. No back pain today which makes sense as you have half the weight on your spine as in a normal squat. Very minor knee joint pain, I'll focus on improving my form with this as its the first time I've done it (with a Jones machine).

I'll just have to see If I get the DOMS tomorrow.

Do any of you guys do hipthrusts and/or glute bridges? You really feel them.