Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Domestic Violence from my pregnant girlfriend

earlkeese

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys:

My gf (who is 5.5 months pregnant) was arrested this past Wednesday and charged with domestic violence and assault with a deadly weapon (she hit me in the eye with a screwdriver). She also smashed a glass candle over me, and then cut me several times with the glass shards. After all this, she then locked me in the basement of our house. The next morning, she came in the bedroom I was sleeping in, and then hit me with the screwdriver when I was laying in the bed. This is the 2nd time a major incident has happened, about a month ago she threw an over grate at me and then picked it up, and beat me in the head with it, and I didnt call the police. I currently have a Protection Order against her, and she was asked to vacate the house we are renting together.

A part of me feels guilty, because I'm not out to ruin careers or anything and she was pregnant (I pleaded with the cops not to arrest her, but the visible injuriers made them). Did I do the right thing?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should of done the right thing 5.5 months ago, and that's using a condom. Damn.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds like she's a few fries short of a happy meal.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
serious if you are not ****ING trolling, you also tell she serious tried to kill you, and let his psycho rot in jail for a very long time.

and feeling guilty? guilty of what? for not have her charged for trying to murder you? i'm pretty sure you can fix that now.

Frogster

Don Juan
Reaction score
The RIGHT thing is to NOT allow someone to be disrespectful towards you. My wife tried that the first year of our marriage, and I left her standing on the curb. She never did it again.

If it were me, she would never be in my presence again.

The protection order was definitely the right thing to do. And charging her with domestic violence was also the correct thing to do. You're going to have to have this stuff legally documented in the near future.

Good luck!

earlkeese

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not trolling at all, happened just like I said it. I didnt press charges though. She did all this at 5.5 months pregnant.

Don-Kong

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Those hormones eh?

For all the DJ's out there...this is more common than you think. Lots of guys in therapy for this sort if stuff, pretty shocking. This sounds like a seriously traumatic event. I'm just wondering how it may affect your future relationships with women. Even subtle PTSD can happen some time down the line and is quite frightening. Take care bro

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
earlkeese said:
Not trolling at all, happened just like I said it. I didnt press charges though. She did all this at 5.5 months pregnant.
You need to throw up that blue pill sitting firmly in your chest my man.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never had a girl come at me like that. Had to push my sister once though when I was younger.

If a girl want's to come at me with fists I won't hurt her /punchingbag. If she picks up a weapon i'd lay her out.

Maybe with the exception of getting caught cheating, i'd just run or something lol!

Just my 2 cents though...

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a sucky situation OP, and you SHOULD leave her and you SHOULD press charges and get a restraining order and you SHOULD seek to obtain FULL custody of your child.

Aside from that, how the hell do you allow a pregnant woman to abuse you? Be a man and set her straight. You dont need to strike her, but at least yell, restrain her and show her who the man is.

If a woman EVER stepped to me Id be up in her face telling her she WILL respect me. If she ever put a hand on me with a shove or a slap, Id give her one chance...and let her know it will not be tolerated and I would put the fear in her while doing so. And if she ever punched me or hit me with an object, she would be forcibly removed from my house and dumped right then and there.

No one I am in a relationship with is going to abuse me. Nor am I going to abuse them. I believe in healthy relationships.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does a grown man get beaten up and locked in a basement by a pregnant woman? I'm really struggling with that concept...reaaaally struggling.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
How does a grown man get beaten up and locked in a basement by a pregnant woman? I'm really struggling with that concept...reaaaally struggling.
The pregnancy basically makes her untouchable. Do you want some dead baby on your conscience? And she's using weapons so yeah to the basement with you lol.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SgtSplacker said:
The pregnancy basically makes her untouchable. Do you want some dead baby on your conscience? And she's using weapons so yeah to the basement with you lol.
Don't see how a smack in the (mother's) face would hurt the baby. Not that I condone violence towards women, pregnant or otherwise, but if she attacks you first, the normal rules of 'not hitting women' no longer apply.

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
Don't see how a smack in the (mother's) face would hurt the baby. Not that I condone violence towards women, pregnant or otherwise, but if she attacks you first, the normal rules of 'not hitting women' no longer apply.
The police are ridiculously dumb, I'm not saying the courts are, but the police will be the one to make the arrest at the time, and they use a very base logic to do so. Man slapped woman, arrest the man. Man is locked away, ok it could be the woman's fault.

He may have been hurt at the time but at least he has the upper hand now.

It's going to be pretty hard for a woman to really hurt you so just take it and get her put away by the police.

Proving self defense to a police officer is like finding a needle in a haystack, you may be able to do so once it gets to court but who wants to go through that?

Visualize the situation, pregnant woman, with injury, and a man, it would take almost a miracle to convince them that "she started it". Justice is no simple matter.

xupc

Don Juan
Reaction score
GET EVERYTHING ON PAPER ASAP. EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

You will need it for the court. No HEARSAYS. PAPER.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
That's not how it works home slice...

That girl is prolly going after that guy like a crazy b1tch screaming and running around. You can't control of she falls or hits herself or something. A slap is not going to stop a swinging knife or screwdriver. You don't slap someone rushing you with a weapon and expect good results.

And were talking a dead human being here, over what is really a domestic dispute. The possibility for jail time for really doing nothing here is phenomenal.

The cops will show up there or at the hospital. Get her story and lock you away whether you say "self defense" or not.

You're lucky if you don't end up in the news.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SgtSplacker said:

That girl is prolly going after that guy like a crazy b1tch screaming and running around. You can't control of she falls or hits herself or something. A slap is not going to stop a swinging knife or screwdriver. You don't slap someone rushing you with a weapon and expect good results.

And were talking a dead human being here, over what is really a domestic dispute. The possibility for jail time for really doing nothing here is phenomenal.

The cops will show up there or at the hospital. Get her story and lock you away whether you say "self defense" or not.

Cosigned.

The last thing I would do is strike a woman willing to use a weapon against me. That would only make the situation worse...and could get OP seriously hurt and arrested. Plus we have seen news stories where this goes really bad. Who knows if this woman would be willing to seriously hurt OP. And also, if he hits her and leaves a mark...cops are gonna buy her "self-defense" story over his.

Its best for OP to get away from this woman, and restrain her if he was to. Striking her is an absolute last resort.

earlkeese

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, this woman doesn't threaten, she attacked. If I hit a pregnant woman, I'd still be sitting in jail. I gave her a stern warning, or at least so I thought, after she beat me with the oven grate, I sat her down and told that had to be the last time. And, she did it again. It was either going to be me or her, because it wasn't stopping.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SgtSplacker said:

If she attacks you with a screw driver or "glass candle" or giant vibrator, your best bet is to wrestle the item from her (shouldn't be that hard when dealing with a pregnant woman) and then do whatever you have to do to teach her a lesson. You can't let people - men or women - get away with sh!t like that. Obviously, if she pulls a gun on you, it's a different situation.

Here's a pro tip, "home slice". Women have incredible self-preservation instincts. And pregnant women especially so. The very fact that a pregnant b!tch would dare to attack someone means that she is 110% certain that that someone is not going to hit her back. What do you think are the chances that this hor will be hitting up a biker's bar and picking a fight with some Hell's Angels? 50 years ago you would have been laughed at if you told anyone that your wife beat you up. In fact, very few women would have dared to attack a man 50 years ago. These days, it seems to be a growing trend. Pretty soon, they'll be calling it the "battered husband syndrome". Fvcking pathetic.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Be ready for a phone call from your State's Attorney/District Attorney asking you, again, if you want to press charges. Given the severity of what she did to you, be advised that they may go ahead and press charges anyway even if you don't want to, and then subpoena you as their witness. If it was just something tiny she did to you they would likely drop it if it was her first domestic arrest. But what she did is well more than the norm. You are going to have to deal with this woman one way or another if it's your child. You should strongly consider pressing the charges and cooperating with your State's Attorney/District Attorney. It will help YOU a lot down the road, as others have said already regarding your future child, even if it doesn't seem like the right thing to do now while you are having the feelings of guilt. (which is understandable to a point)