Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does becoming muscular really help your game?

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, let me say that I do agree that it might help your appearance a little if you look like a lazy slouch or a skinny geek.

But here's my argument:

1) Every guy I've known personally who has done more than well with women (ex: could easily pull a new girl every week or two or establish a relationship with the snap of their fingers) was not buff or muscular at all. I'm sure they were substantially fit to a certain degree, but seeing them at the gym would be quite a rarity. Even some of the well known PUAs don't look very muscular (Mystery, David DeAngelo).

2) I had a roommate that would constantly get girls and I would thus become jealous. Out of the jealousy I took myself to the gym and start lifting weights like crazy, this was a mistake. What I should have done with this jealousy was go out with my friend or on my own and talk to girls in person with him or alone. The weights did nothing but make me even more awkward by adding muscles on top of my awkwardness that I never overcame by talking to girls.

3) The guys I see on the streets and on campus with girls are far from buff. They just have this look to them. I wouldn't exactly call this look confidence, but it's some sort of look I don't have. They seem to have really nice hair or a really nice clothing style. These guys seem content with their lives just by looking at them.

4) In several social circles at my school it's practically looked down upon to be a muscular guy. The guys that I see do well in these circles tend to be fairly short and incredibly social.

Ted_SA

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a mate whose game improved tremendously after he got muscular.

He attributes his newfound success to his better body but I think rather than making him more physically attractive, his new appearance increased his self-esteem and thus his confidence enabling him to approach women with ease.

I never actually saw him approach a girl before haha.

gray_fox_9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ted_SA said:
I had a mate whose game improved tremendously after he got muscular.

He attributes his newfound success to his better body but I think rather than making him more physically attractive, his new appearance increased his self-esteem and thus his confidence enabling him to approach women with ease.

I never actually saw him approach a girl before haha.
I agree with this. I think lifting weights just makes you feel better about yourself and boosts your self confidence. I know it has with me in the last year. I feel a lot better now when looking at myself in the mirror. So in an indirect way working out can help you with girls ;-)

BLebowski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't help your game, isn't it just great *for yourself* being in good physical shape? I mean, lots of people seem to focus on doing stuff solely to improve game or pull tail. Sure, it's a nice coincidence it helps to a degree and I won't say no when a cutie wants to play around because she thinks I'm hot but ... doing it only to pull chicks sounds like approval seeking to me.

Back to the original question...perhaps VERY big and muscular guys are kind of offputting. Perhaps it makes the girl very selfconscious, or they just don't like huge guys. But I just can't see why having a toned, evened out muscular body could not help you improving game. At the very least, being in great shape lowers your self-consciousness in and out of the bedroom.

Going to a gym doesn't magically solve inner fears...it's just a tool in the greater plan of selfimprovement.

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
BLebowski said:
Even if it doesn't help your game, isn't it just great *for yourself* being in good physical shape?

Going to a gym doesn't magically solve inner fears...it's just a tool in the greater plan of selfimprovement.

When I worked out heavily a few years ago it didn't make me feel any better about myself. I still felt really upset and depressed because my roommate was pulling a new girl all the time and I was still a loner.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of guys who work out are doing it in the first place because they think having a sexy body will get them women to compensate for their lack of game. I work out not because of this reason, but because I play a sport (basketball). A lot of my friends who sort of fit in that "natural" mold are also somewhat muscular.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being an HB10 also doesn't guarantee success.

martinM.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it can be regional/personal preference/ fad kind of thing. But most of the girls i know, don't like guys with a lot of muscle.

Reaction score
Of course it helps your game. Do you like women with big boobs or raisins? I imagine it's a valid comparison. I need to hit the gym myself and if I did I know I'd have much more success.

However you still need a good personality because a muscular AFC is still going to get rejected.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
martinM. said:
I think it can be regional/personal preference/ fad kind of thing. But most of the girls i know, don't like guys with a lot of muscle.
Qualifier being "a lot." Those guys on the cover of Men's Health? That's not considered a lot.

I'll tell you one thing: being athletic and muscular NEVER hurts. Being skinny does.

Reaction score
DoctorLW said:
I'll tell you one thing: being athletic and muscular NEVER hurts. Being skinny does.

I think i'm in between but quickly developing one hell of a beer gut.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your charming personality and PUA skills wont make you look any better with your shirt off.

Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Of course it helps your game. Do you like women with big boobs or raisins? I imagine it's a valid comparison. I need to hit the gym myself and if I did I know I'd have much more success.

However you still need a good personality because a muscular AFC is still going to get rejected.
Its obvious that a "Wimp" and a "Wuss" are two vastly different things.
I personally feel a lot more confident around hot babes if I am fit and strong and can defend myself physically.
It always saddens me to see a scrawny little Wimp with a hot babe.
Maybe I should be happy though if I approach the hot babe his with or eye her off he can't do anything about it.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:

It certainly doesnt hurt. But you also have to know how to treat a woman, and have a great sense of humor. A buff bod on it's own is very little. All you have is a vain man in a tight shirt, flexing his muscles.

BUT, you get the same buff guy, with an awesome personality, who can sing to a woman, make her laugh, fukk with her, tease her, show her a fun time, and all of a sudden, that 49 inch chest, the 17 inch arms, and the wide back come into play, as she compares you to her ex, a pitiful specimen, and starts wondering what all that REAL beef would feel like on top of her, at 4am.

mackdaddy27

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
krazyboy99 said:
that being said, know that as a minority you will have to be more charismatic than an otherwise equal white male to have success
your game must be tight. .. there is no 'leeway'..know the game, practice the game, and be tight 100% beucase your your race and looks demand it.

the rules are simple but executing it is difficult because even 1 slight incongruency and she will you are not the real confident thing. and your own set is blown right then.

So unless you are prepared to be this good..unless you are ready to take on the challenge..dont dream of something that might not happen. read some of these books, you are incrediblly stupid to overlook not knowing the game, but wanting to play the game without knowing how difficult the game ( will be for an outsider?)

what gives you that confidence, find that first.. for me i've gone from a body of 220 to less than 180 , got a awesome body now, its not looks right now but i'm are workign on it.. find the confidence, and tye shall find thy answer to the puzzle he seeks...

Just bc you are in front of a girl and you sarge her with your mundane indian accented questions doesn't mean shes going to drop her pants and bend over. Being there ANYBODY can do..you are stupid to think taht just because your in her promixity..you'll get somewhere..you've got to KNOW what to say what buttons to press, and THEN press button IN EXACT ORDER WITHOUT being Inconsistent

knowledge experience, looks help but if you don't have it...use whatever you do have...smartness is very important ( being able to talk and lead and know others emtions requires someone to be very smart)..unless you can do that forget it.

btw send me a PM with your picture

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights as a way to a better body doesn’t necessarily bring the best results. Most women prefer men with some muscle but too much like a Mr. Universe type body builder is a turn off to most women. Gay guys are more attracted to body builders than is the average woman.

One of the problems of getting fit via gyms and body building is that often one builds muscle of little practical use, and it often looks unnatural. The typical all-American type guy tends to have built his muscle by regular strenuous activity over his life. That is playing sports, hiking, skiing, - physical activities… In other words, being athletic and toned matters more than bulk.

If you look at a football team it is not the bulky linemen that the girls are most attracted to, it is the sleek agile backs that are most attractive to women.

Reaction score
lazikia, your problem is your internal belief system.

You say here:

I had a roommate that would constantly get girls and I would thus become jealous. Out of the jealousy I took myself to the gym and start lifting weights like crazy, this was a mistake ... The weights did nothing but make me even more awkward by adding muscles on top of my awkwardness that I never overcame by talking to girls.
You were jealous because of your insecurity. You didn't identify yourself as being a sex worthy guy in the same way that your friend is. You felt that you somehow needed to make yourself better. It wasn't built into your reality that girls can like you ONLY FOR YOU.

You may look at a guy who is successful with women and attribute that to some external factor such as his looks, fame, money or whatever. And then you strive to improve yourself in these terms because you think that success with women will follow. It happens like this sometimes but only because those guys had a 100 percent belief that these things would make them more attractive people and this affected their confidence. If you don't have this belief, improvement with women will be minimal.

The absolute most important thing is your own sense of identity. Where your core confidence stems from. Strip yourself of your muscles, your looks, your status, your money, your achievements, your social circle. What is left? Do you believe that your essence is attractive to women? If you don't have that 100 percent unshakable belief that you truly are a sex worthy guy, then anything you do to improve yourself will just be "adding muscles on top of my awkwardness" as you put it.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
potato said:
If you look at a football team it is not the bulky linemen that the girls are most attracted to, it is the sleek agile backs that are most attractive to women.
Yeah, that statement's been pretty consistent with my experience. The ideal body to a woman looks like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Carlsons.jpg

And yes, you're right that muscular fitness is not a requirement to pull girls. I doubt that it is looked down upon in social circles like you said, though. It may seem that way if you're not seeing muscular guys get any girls, but trust me, the game becomes a lot easier when girls (cuties and up) give you the googly eyes on consistent occasion.

Just hit the gym and start workin out all of your major muscles in several different angles to get definition. Then, once you hit your first plateau in all those muscle groups, you'll still be pretty lean.

mutambo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll sum it up for you: IT SURE AS HELL WONT HURT YOU. And like Deacon stated when you start noticing more women are checking you out, it does good to your confidence, THUS building you up. I see no negatives about working out. except you need ASPIRATION. going once a week to bench 10lbs is not the way to go