Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does adding olive oil on my sandwhiches harm my fat loss?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that its not the best thing to consume fats and carbs togheter, when eating protein is best to add either the first or the second since carbs spike insuling and make fat to be stored easily.

At first I tought that fats werent taken the way they are and instead get transformed in energy from the body but while listening to a nutritionist on tv, it seems its not exactly like that or I got something wrong.

So the question is, does adding fats to a carb/protein meal slows down my fat burning process?

Billtx49

Reaction score
One tbsp = 190 calories, more than a regular 12 oz. Coke that is about 140 or so. Olive is pure fat, quite possibly healthier than other oils on the market today because it's all natural (virgin), but fat none the less. I only use it as a cooking lubricant for stove top.

Last edited:

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't wanna hijack here, and noob question, but what about butter?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://authoritynutrition.com/extra-virgin-olive-oil/

Do yourself a favor and buy domestic. A lot of the European olive oils are cut with cheaper oils, in places like Morocco. The USDA has strict rules on domestic olive oil. Pompeiian brand is the one foreign oil that follows USDA regulations.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's just say it would be beneficial for you to eat your sandwiches without Olive Oil, from now on.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider ground flax seeds (self ground is better, preground is ok if refrigerated) or sunflower seeds for that "fatty-oily" sensation and more mustard for "juiciness." This gets you the benefits of the high fiber and omega threes in flax or other vitamins in other nuts. Don't buy preprocessed where possible and grind your own. I have a long way to go to my fitness goals, but have noticed a big difference in cravings after working lots of beans, green tea and ground flax seed into the diet. Eating processed oils of any type just doesn't give the sated feeling gotten with fiber IME, so I cut it out other than cooking stir fry, and that's a couple of tablespoons for about 4 meals worth of stirfry, most of the oil gets dumped after cooking and not eaten anyway.