Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does a bachelor eventually age into women that will find him desirable?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, what I am talking about here is a man marrying a woman roughly his age, or so little age difference at that age that it is not an issue at all; I am not referring to bachelors like me that only care to date women that are a little over half their age.

I bring this up because a bachelor (I define bachelor as never been married, and with no spawn) friend of mine is finally getting married in his early 50's to a (childless, divorced) woman in her late 40's. (For the last decade or so, this man had been always getting set up with women like this, although sometimes with teenage children, and even sometimes grannies with all the children out of the house with children of their own! :eek:) Years ago when he was young, women his age were never set up with him, save for the occasional attempt at setting him up with a whale. His pickup ability with women his age had also markedly improved.

It seems that the reason for this is not that he suddenly became a desirable stud, but rather that the sexual market of women his age drop down precipitously in this age range (even the childless ones) while the corresponding value for men does not nearly as much. I suppose that my desire for younger women is a data point that can be used here, as folks like me don't care for such women (at least in any serious relationship; sure, I'd consider pure casual sex if an opportunity of a woman in good shape ran over me like a truck.) With men like me taking ourselves out of the dating market for our female contemporaries, there should be a lot fewer men that are interested. The point is that men that have a hard time dating women when they were young can simply age into dating them when they are older.

An interesting side fact is that they had actually met on a blind date about a decade ago, but she seemed to not show any interest, so he didn't bother with a 2nd date - she didn't seem to inquire through their common acquaintances about his lack of calling her back then - but when they met out by chance recently, she showed a very strong level of interest. Perhaps she felt that her sexual market value was too high for him then, but good enough now? I guess that it would seem quite cynical to say that women that blow off their contemporary men at an earlier age, but then don't blow them off at a later age, but it sure seems like it in this is the case.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, what I am talking about here is a man marrying a woman roughly his age, or so little age difference at that age that it is not an issue at all; I am not referring to bachelors like me that only care to date women that are a little over half their age.

I bring this up because a bachelor (I define bachelor as never been married, and with no spawn) friend of mine is finally getting married in his early 50's to a (childless, divorced) woman in her late 40's. (For the last decade or so, this man had been always getting set up with women like this, although sometimes with teenage children, and even sometimes grannies with all the children out of the house with children of their own! :eek:) Years ago when he was young, women his age were never set up with him, save for the occasional attempt at setting him up with a whale. His pickup ability with women his age had also markedly improved.

It seems that the reason for this is not that he suddenly became a desirable stud, but rather that the sexual market of women his age drop down precipitously in this age range (even the childless ones) while the corresponding value for men does not nearly as much. I suppose that my desire for younger women is a data point that can be used here, as folks like me don't care for such women (at least in any serious relationship; sure, I'd consider pure casual sex if an opportunity of a woman in good shape ran over me like a truck.) With men like me taking ourselves out of the dating market for our female contemporaries, there should be a lot fewer men that are interested. The point is that men that have a hard time dating women when they were young can simply age into dating them when they are older.

An interesting side fact is that they had actually met on a blind date about a decade ago, but she seemed to not show any interest, so he didn't bother with a 2nd date - she didn't seem to inquire through their common acquaintances about his lack of calling her back then - but when they met out by chance recently, she showed a very strong level of interest. Perhaps she felt that her sexual market value was too high for him then, but good enough now? I guess that it would seem quite cynical to say that women that blow off their contemporary men at an earlier age, but then don't blow them off at a later age, but it sure seems like it in this is the case.
Comon now, we all know they let all the fools run thru them that don't give a $hit, and after they wakeup want a more stable partner to take care of them.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who the hell knows. I doubt any woman sits around calculating her sexual market value, looking at an excel spreadsheet and decides it's time to "settle." For one reason or another THAT particular woman decided she NEEDED a husband, and having a "good enough" husband was BETTER than no husband, for reasons that she herself won't ever likely understand.

Even simple things like a cheese sandwich have different values on different days to the same person. If I'm hungry and just found a roll of bills on the floor, I'm much more likely to buy if than if I just ate and am broke.

But, ALL ELSE EQUAL, women's "value" tends to go down with age quicker than a man's. But that is only in general. Any given woman may be more valuable at 40 than 30, for any number of reasons, and NOT to every guy. Only to certain guys who value "those" reasons.

Way too many variables to extrapolate any general rules from any one statistic.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the old people homes, the ratio of men to women changes because women live longer. There are 70+ y/o dudes out there getting mad pvssy left and right, and having the best times of their lives with women.