Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doc's Journey to DJ

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on the protein:
I've taken 160g so far (and will move it up to 192g in 30 minutes). I feel terrible. Of course, it makes sense; my diet being mostly--almost entirely--whey protein. I'm coughing, there's mucus accumulating in my throat... it's just terrible. I'm going to keep doing it, though. I only got in 135g or so yesterday, but I can already see gains. I'll continue with the 320g a day and update you guys on it in a week.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no doctor bro, but I can say with confidence that you don't need all that protein. It's making you feel bad! What's the point? The gains you make in the gym never come easily. It's a slow process that takes dedication. Once you make it a habit, then gains come. Do what you want, but I don't suggest 320 grams of protein.

Reaction score
I honestly don't think we need it at this age... we're young so we can build muscle much naturally and much quicker, you don't need that much extra protein

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aspiring Don Juan said:
I honestly don't think we need it at this age... we're young so we can build muscle much naturally and much quicker, you don't need that much extra protein
That's not how it works. Hormonal things like testosterone, maybe, but protein needs to be taken in--whether it be food or whey; it can't be made. The same goes for carbs. Our hypertrophy and protein synthesis is much better than a 50 year-old male, but protein intake is still necessary.

I agree with both of you 200%. I don't need 320g or even 200g. You need 0.88g per pound you weigh and, at most, take as much as you weigh. I'm just doing an experiment and taking in as much as I physically can in a day. Unfortunately, I can't hit 320g today. I'm out of powder. :crackup:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coops, you're 15. I was 15 when I started my journal. Learn from myself and don't think that what you know is correct. It is of much more benefit to you to keep an open mind and not hold onto beliefs.

I've had many strongly held beliefs about working out and nutrition. Many of those have turned out to be wrong, and that's ok.

If you do more research you can see that there are actual big-impact negative effects of having too much protein, to name one, there's the excess of nitrogen in your body and poor acid-base balance. Excess protein is wasteful, but being certain that you are getting enough, I can't blame you for.

Pareto principle, focus on the big picture and what will give you the most progress. Consistency in diet and working out is everything given that you have an effective lifestyle and mindset. Remember - as long as you're keeping safe - it only counts when it starts hurting.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Coops, you're 15. I was 15 when I started my journal. Learn from myself and don't think that what you know is correct. It is of much more benefit to you to keep an open mind and not hold onto beliefs.

I've had many strongly held beliefs about working out and nutrition. Many of those have turned out to be wrong, and that's ok.

If you do more research you can see that there are actual big-impact negative effects of having too much protein, to name one, there's the excess of nitrogen in your body and poor acid-base balance. Excess protein is wasteful, but being certain that you are getting enough, I can't blame you for.

Pareto principle, focus on the big picture and what will give you the most progress. Consistency in diet and working out is everything given that you have an effective lifestyle and mindset. Remember - as long as you're keeping safe - it only counts when it starts hurting.
I understand your worries, but I have it under control. I think I'll rarely hit 320g. I'm usually too tired after work to stay up late enough to drink it. I have been getting in my bodyweight at least, and the gains are unbelievable. I've noticed that I feel terrible until I eat carbs. Then I feel normal, if not fantastic. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for worrying.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this really working well for you? I'm curious. You must have been skinny before you started. All I know is that if I consumed all this protein, it would turn straight into fat. If you're making gains man, congrats!

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
MR.LPC said:
Is this really working well for you? I'm curious. You must have been skinny before you started. All I know is that if I consumed all this protein, it would turn straight into fat. If you're making gains man, congrats!
Made gains when I was working out, but I ran out of protein and didn't work out yesterday. My dad is bringing home milk now and I'll do both tonight. I was always the skinny guy, yeah. Why do you think it'd turn to fat?

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because your muscles can't use all of it to grow at once. There's such thing as a protein threshold. This means at a certain point, your muscles will not absorb any more protein. If I was you, I would take creatine. It seems like you're bulking. Try that out, and see what it does for you.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
MR.LPC said:
Because your muscles can't use all of it to grow at once. There's such thing as a protein threshold. This means at a certain point, your muscles will not absorb any more protein. If I was you, I would take creatine. It seems like you're bulking. Try that out, and see what it does for you.
If I keep them torn, they'll need to be repaired. I'm also making sure all of my intake is being processed. I do actually take creatine when I go to the gym. It'd help with gains over like a one- or two-week period, but I can't find a steady way to the gym. I don't like going by myself; I need a partner. Anyway, I only take it to keep from being sore. I'm bulking like hell using my current method, so I'm just going to stick to it.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another update from PC. I'm going to try to be doing more of these.

Diet:
The diet is going great. I was feeling terrible because I had a lack of carbs. To put into perspective how little energy I had, I ate one cheddar peanut butter cracker (not a pack, just a single cracker), and it felt like I drank a Redbull. I'm just eating complex carbs and the few fats I get from meats for energy. I've also not eaten anything "bad" for the past two days, which is already showing results. If I'm hungry, I'll make oatmeal, potatoes, or chicken. If I'm at a gas station or something, I'll get a pack of peanut butter crackers instead of candy.

Workout:
I've been doing it in the afternoon, but not before I go to bed. It seems like I really need to be doing both, but it's difficult to work out at three or four in the morning. I guess I'll just make myself do it today.

Hygiene:
Found that I need to wash my face four times a day (i.e. when I wake up, before work, after work, and before I sleep) to have a completely clear face. Once there's no acne, I'll work on clearing the scars. I haven't whitened my teeth yet, but I'm just going to make myself tonight.

Girls:
This one's actually funny. Note: I took my first selfie on Instagram in my work outfit (I guess this is how she knew where I worked). Anyway, the girl I was obsessed over at the beginning of my journey came to my work to say hi to me (keep in mind that I haven't talked to her since the first week of June). She was asking everyone for me; meanwhile, I was cleaning the bathroom down the hall. I saw her and walked up and looked her and her friend in the eyes. She said "ok, so we were over there and we just wanted to come and say hi." I just said ok, smiled, and went back to work. I'm not sure why, but I was extremely nervous. The thing is, though, later I saw another girl I new at work and I initiated conversation, but let her do most of it. It was the meaningless "how's your summer going," "do you like working here," "ok, you have a good summer," talk. But on a scale of 1-10 of nervousness, I was at like a 0.5, whereas before I was at a 15. Regardless, it was experience. I have a very limited, if even existing, pool of people to talk to/girls to hook up with. It'll be perfect when school starts, and I'm looking forward to putting myself out there and getting experience.

Misc:
I have my driving test for my license today. If I pass, it'll open up a whole new spectrum of opportunity.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another update!

Diet:
Still going great. I'm out of milk for shakes and oatmeal, and I found an item on McDonald's menu that I, a person seeking a culinary arts degree, am impressed with (it also fits into my diet). I have noticeable BFP decrease.

Workout:
My crunches are almost impossible because I find myself on the verge of throwing up a few reps in. I'm still doing every other exercise, as well as a few extras.

Hygiene:
Acne is getting better. I was going to whiten my teeth, but it's hard to put bleach in your mouth at three in the morning. I'll just do it when I'm done eating today, which will probably be around 12:00.

Girls:
The girl that came to see me at work Tuesday messaged me at like two in the morning begging for me to come back again. It feels good.

Misc:
I passed the driving test, but some other stuff happened and I won't have my license for a week or less.

Also, I'm changing my name to "Anima". The name of my journal will stay the same, but I won't be "DoctorCoops" within the next few days.

Edit: It's been changed.

Last edited:

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good **** on driving. This new freedom is a great feeling. Drive responsibly, and make it fun! Whip privileges change the game, bruh.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back again with another update.

Diet:
I've always been a perfectionist and impatient. Last night, I realized firstly that there are a lot of kids in my school with the kind of body that I want. That made me realize that what I have isn't really worth bragging about (which is how I felt about it before; I was proud of my hard work), and I realized that all of them took a while to get that way. So I sat down and came to my senses. When school starts, I'm going to start going to the gym (with a partner, hopefully) and follow a routine I put together. I'm going to go through a huge bulking phase. Probably for the first half of school. Then I'll go on a cutting phase for the second half, and rotate accordingly after that. Now, onto the actual diet part. I'm no longer on a low carb diet, but I'm still going to try and take in as much protein as I can. Note: I'm still going to watch what I eat--no junk, but no limits to the amount.

Workout:
I'm just going to do my homebound routine until I can go to the gym. I'll shoot for twice a day.

Hygiene:
Acne is almost completely gone. I need to whiten my teeth still. I'll try doing it while I'm in the shower since I'm not using my mouth then anyway.

Girls:
Got a bunch of female followers on social media after I posted a few pictures, but nothing else really.

Misc:
I have a friend who wants to go to the gym with me, but his parents won't let him swap gyms. I'm just going to let him use a guest pass for a week, and then hopefully they'll change their mind after he has experience in it. No license yet, but probably in two weeks or less. I will have it by school, which is where I need it the most.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet:
Still going great.

Workout:
Went to the gym with the same guy from a couple weeks ago. The workout was great, and I even did thirty straight minutes of cardio.

Hygiene:
Trying to shower once a day. I do on days I do stuff, but on lazy days off of work, I have the habit not to. It just keeps me motivated and is good for my skin. Even less acne now, but some tips on blackheads and acne scars would be helpful. I'll whiten my teeth in the shower today.

Girls:
This section is going to be dead until I start school.

Misc:
Nothing extra.

defensiveend96

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good progress so far. Remember to bulk slowly at around 300 to 500 caloric surplus so you don't gain too much fat. A surplus of 300 calories works for me and I don't gain too much fat but find out what works for you. Good lcuk and congrats on getting your license, I just got mine too.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't updated in a while, so this one is big.

Diet:
Changed to a bulking diet. I'm pretty much eating whatever I want, but leaning towards the healthier side (e.g. cooking chicken instead of going to buy fast food). This is easier since the intense ketosis diet from before lowered my appetite and I can't eat much of anything bad anyway.

Workout:
Although I like having a partner, I don't need one per se. Although I'm still going to look, I'm going to try soloing the gym when school starts. As of now, I'm just doing pullups and pushups in bulk instead of a static, circuit-styled routine. I'm just doing as many as I can twice or more a day.

Hygiene:
I'm starting to take zinc again to help with my acne. It flared up two or three times since I last updated; once was recently. I've got it to go down some, but my goal is still flawlessly clear skin. I'm considering getting a prescription.

Girls:
Despite what I said in my last update--even though I stand by it--this is going to be the biggest section. Firstly, I went to a small "party". I'm using this term loosely and almost depressingly, since it wasn't that at all. The backstory is my friend was invited but not given details, and we went not knowing what to expect. It was some little freshman girl's first party, so there weren't even ten people. She tried telling ghost stories :)crackup:), then we basically just waited until it was over an hour later at midnight. She was there with her boyfriend and one friend (a girl) I knew. Both hit on me really hard before school started, so I knew I'd enjoy some attention while I was there. The host tried getting me to go to her bedroom, and even said "I'm sorry for calling you sexy" to me while sitting on her boyfriend's lap. I left the other girl alone because my friend was trying to snag her, but she's important for the next story; let's refer to her as T. Anyway, the party was sh*t and we just went to his house and smoked.

Now onto part two. I add both girls on Snapchat at the end of the party. I initially tried getting Trin's (just for friendly purposes), but she had the other girl put it in and she ended up adding herself :crackup:. Anyway, Trin has been hitting me up daily since the party. It also turns out that we both enjoy cooking, giving her leverage for trying to get in my pants. Today, I woke up to her asking when we were going to cook together, and she tried getting me to hang out with her tonight. She finally gave up, but I was being very short with my answers and ignoring most of her questions. I'm quite frankly uninterested, though I do want her to teach me things about cooking; she's very good. If I don't keep her interested, she won't want to, but how do I make excuses when we're alone together like that? I'm not lowering my standards for food.

I don't find either of the girls attractive, so I'm just going to wait until either an attractive girl comes along, or school starts. Since school starts in like three weeks, that's probably going to be what happens. I really do love leading girls on and I think it's building my attitude. It's a d*ck thing to do and it makes me a d*ck, but don't we all love the attention? :crackup:

Misc:
I smoked for the first time, and then a second time. I didn't guy high either time, and it's kind of bugging me. I hate that almost every person I know hypes it, and then I try it and don't even get anything. Maybe I'm getting high and I just don't like it. Idk. I'm just going to try it until I get high. When the numbers get high (while I don't), I'll give up.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Davis...

Anima said:
I haven't updated in a while, so this one is big.

Girls:
Despite what I said in my last update--even though I stand by it--this is going to be the biggest section. Firstly, I went to a small "party". I'm using this term loosely and almost depressingly, since it wasn't that at all. The backstory is my friend was invited but not given details, and we went not knowing what to expect. It was some little freshman girl's first party, so there weren't even ten people. She tried telling ghost stories :)crackup:), then we basically just waited until it was over an hour later at midnight. She was there with her boyfriend and one friend (a girl) I knew. Both hit on me really hard before school started, so I knew I'd enjoy some attention while I was there. The host tried getting me to go to her bedroom, and even said "I'm sorry for calling you sexy" to me while sitting on her boyfriend's lap. I left the other girl alone because my friend was trying to snag her, but she's important for the next story; let's refer to her as T. Anyway, the party was sh*t and we just went to his house and smoked.

Now onto part two. I add both girls on Snapchat at the end of the party. I initially tried getting Trin's (just for friendly purposes), but she had the other girl put it in and she ended up adding herself :crackup:. Anyway, Trin has been hitting me up daily since the party. It also turns out that we both enjoy cooking, giving her leverage for trying to get in my pants. Today, I woke up to her asking when we were going to cook together, and she tried getting me to hang out with her tonight. She finally gave up, but I was being very short with my answers and ignoring most of her questions. I'm quite frankly uninterested, though I do want her to teach me things about cooking; she's very good. If I don't keep her interested, she won't want to, but how do I make excuses when we're alone together like that? I'm not lowering my standards for food.

I don't find either of the girls attractive, so I'm just going to wait until either an attractive girl comes along, or school starts. Since school starts in like three weeks, that's probably going to be what happens. I really do love leading girls on and I think it's building my attitude. It's a d*ck thing to do and it makes me a d*ck, but don't we all love the attention? :crackup:

IMO, It's more fun to hook up with girls than to lead them on.

Misc:
I smoked for the first time, and then a second time. I didn't guy high either time, and it's kind of bugging me. I hate that almost every person I know hypes it, and then I try it and don't even get anything. Maybe I'm getting high and I just don't like it. Idk. I'm just going to try it until I get high. When the numbers get high (while I don't), I'll give up.
You have to inhale smoke into your lungs.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. There's other ways to get high, like vape pens, edibles, etc... But that stuff might get you too high if this is your first time. Weed is no big deal after you've gotten high a few times, but I was once in your shoes. If you keep trying, let me know how it works out.