Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think there's life after death?

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
Love is an emotional response to values. If a given entity has no emotional capacity, it can't love anything.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, for myself i don't care at all if there is life or not after death. The only thing that i care is on how i can be a better version of myself and to reach all of my goals.

For the ones i love, i really wish to be a life after death and be close to them when my time comes. They are the most important in my life.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
An emotional response is a chemical reaction in the brain met by intelligence which ultimately means that neurons are firing, you are using electricity to generate love or rather love is electricity. If a given entity has no emotional capacity is it really alive? I'm pretty sure even bacteria 'feel' a need to procreate.

Gunkid, we know you like guns but lets be honest as long as you can reduce people to 'automaton' you can feel good about using weapons to kill people. For your sake I hope judgement day happens, at least then you'll be in your hay day with terminators.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guarantee if most of you found out you were going to die in the near future whether it would be from an illness or anything else, you'd all be looking for God.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of anything pertaining to the supernatural, paranormal, etc. I'd like to believe in the concept of an afterlife, but I'll never be convinced it's real until I see it with my own eyes.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We lived life to some capacity before birth as sperm right or not? Could that be a clue to what happens when our time is up here? Maybe we progress on to the next advanced stage - another journey as you will. It's mind boggling - perhaps its something we are incapable of grasping.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We lived life to some capacity before birth as sperm right or not? Could that be a clue to what happens when our time is up here? Maybe we progress on to the next advanced stage - another journey as you will. It's mind boggling - perhaps its something we are incapable of grasping.
It's not that we can't grasp it, it's that there's no way of knowing.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a skeptic and an empiricist. The supernatural cannot be explained or proven empirically. So we just won't know until we die (or until we find some way to know).

However when I was a kid I swear I saw a ghost and it scared the living shyt out of me. And it's true, there are no atheists in foxholes.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I don't want to sound like crazy Christian Boy but it a ton of evidence that suggest the bible is indeed real. Too many to name. The best thing to do is read it without being biased if you read it biased you will hate it

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guarantee if most of you found out you were going to die in the near future whether it would be from an illness or anything else, you'd all be looking for God.
I had a close call with death not long ago and was in ICU for 10 days. Death was on the line and it was a trying experience, but not once did I concern myself with religion or a god. I have absolutely no connection to religion. Hypothetically speaking, if a fairytale god or whatever did exist I see no reason why I would be chastised for my lack of "faith" in said god. And if I was to be punished? Then that god would have been undeserving of my worship.

When I die, I fully expect nothing. No magic, no reunion with loved ones, no alternate universe. Nothing. It'll be like like when you're asleep but not dreaming, and you don't realize you're asleep. You have just no thoughts or awareness. You're temporarily gone, but in the case of death it'll be forever.

Billions of years will pass after I die, and it'll be like I'm just taking a never ending nap with no thoughts or awareness. RIP.

U

user43770

I had a close call with death not long ago and was in ICU for 10 days. Death was on the line and it was a trying experience, but not once did I concern myself with religion or a god. I have absolutely no connection to religion. Hypothetically speaking, if a fairytale god or whatever did exist I see no reason why I would be chastised for my lack of "faith" in said god. And if I was to be punished? Then that god would have been undeserving of my worship.

When I die, I fully expect nothing. No magic, no reunion with loved ones, no alternate universe. Nothing. It'll be like like when you're asleep but not dreaming, and you don't realize you're asleep. You have just no thoughts or awareness. You're temporarily gone, but in the case of death it'll be forever.

Billions of years will pass after I die, and it'll be like I'm just taking a never ending nap with no thoughts or awareness. RIP.
Eloquently said. Made me think of this quote:

"Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death."

CuddleJunkie would be proud of that one.

U

user43770

We would all be wise to study and understand that quote.

Enjoy each day.

The great Marcus Aurelius said:

Perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretense.

Last edited by a moderator:

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eloquently said. Made me think of this quote:

"Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death."

CuddleJunkie would be proud of that one.
I really don't remember who said it, maybe Seneca. But I don't really know. Anyways, one of the stoics said that you should live each day like you would life your whole life. This means doing your obligations (wether job or family obligations) in the morning-youth, enjoying life, studying philosophy and talking with your friends in the afternoon-maturity, and thinking about how well you lived your day-life in the night-deathbed. Of course, in the daily cycle you have the opportunity to do things better the next day, so thinking about your day at night is very useful.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Let us beware of saying death is the opposite of life. The living being is only a species of the dead, and a very rare species.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

For anyone interested, I strongly recommend the book Spook: Science Tackles The Afterlife by Mary Roach (who also wrote Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers). The book explores weighing a soul, ghosts, reincarnation, near death experiences, and is morbidly witty. Interestingly, even though Mary ultimately concludes the afterlife probably doesn’t exist—
Perhaps I should believe in a hereafter, in a consciousness that zips through the air like a Simpsons rerun, simply because it’s more appealing—more fun and more hopeful—than not believing. The debunkers are probably right, but they’re no fun to visit a graveyard with. What the hell. I believe in ghosts.
The fact of the matter is the evidence is not compelling and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It’s good to be open-minded but not so open that your brain falls out.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So you didn't panic or were scared and started praying or looking for a God? Heck I start doing this when I turbulence on a plane lol

But seriously what thoughts were going through your head as you came near death? Were not afraid at all?

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you didn't panic or were scared and started praying or looking for a God? Heck I start doing this when I turbulence on a plane lol

But seriously what thoughts were going through your head as you came near death? Were not afraid at all?
Panic and anxiety, yes. Looking for god, no. The whole concept of getting out of "going to hell" by "accepting god" at the last moment is funny to me on many, many levels. I'm also fairly adamant nothing happens when we die, but if I'm wrong... sounds neat. When I get an impending death moment like plane turbulence my thoughts are more or less, "F*ck hope I don't die this way"