Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think there's life after death?

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you think there's a life after we die. I'd like to know how you reached your conclusion, or what facts you use to support your viewpoint.

And, if your proof is because it said so in a religious book, please, I ask that you don't reply, because I'm only interested in evidence based on facts and not mere belief. For example, a near death experience.

So what do you think?

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
More importantly where are we before birth?

I saw a documentary called everything/nothing on the BBC about physics and math breaking down the afterlife it was very interesting. I certainly think there is but probably not in the way we perceive it as angels and people walking around a cloud. Everything in the world is born from that 'nothing' and returns there shortly afterward, so there must be a point to life or there would be no reason to have it at all as a completely lifeless universe requires a lot less energy than one with mobile life-forms. If the creator wanted an efficient universe, introducing life would be idiotic. Life moves energy from one point to another, ALL of our bodies create electricity and convert it wherever we go. IMO we were put here by a more advanced intelligence to move matter from one point to another.

A few themes are present all around the world, life requires pain and struggle to keep going and we all want to 'keep going' from small bacteria to dogs and cats and human beings, its THE fundamental rule of life. PAIN / STRUGGLE / PROCREATION, every story is written about the same thing, overcoming great odds and doing the impossible to make sure LIFE survives. Life would not exist without these things, and I imagine the other side reflects that somehow. Maybe its a 'spirtual' training ground to prepare us to deal with these 3 concepts. An example from a good friend's life, he used to be a PUA in Asia and had no interest in marriage, children or settling down. When he got his girl pregnant, he wanted to run home and leave, he was a serious commitment-phobe. I think it was the first time he saw his daughter, the world completely changed for him. Now, I know for a fact he would die to make sure she has a decent life. It was such a radical change, there is nothing to explain what happened to his personality, not even he can explain it. This guy lives and breathes for his little girl now. If we had free will then he would have ran but life must go on. If it came down to it, he would put himself in the line of fire for her. I guess the chemical reaction we call LOVE is also a very REAL factor in life continuing.

I for one am excited to find out what the truth is, I'm not going to be unhappy when my time comes. Having belief in an afterlife certainly helps to keep you optimistic about your time in this life and your exit from it. If you are really interested in finding out the 'truth' for yourself, I heard Ahuyasca works really well to transcend the 'human mind' and probably will provide you with the answers you are looking for.

Why do we dream, why is colour pretty and why does music sound good? Why do we have eye sight capable of seeing the stars and perceiving colour at all? If EVOLUTION is occuring then the otherside wants us to survive the non-living world for some reason. IMO Evolution is just more evidence for the after life.

Last edited:

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing is sure if there's a life after death. It is reserved for true manly warriors. lol

Nah, seriously, let me explain. The Universe consists of Will, you will to reproduce, you will to keep on living, you will to be more powerful to enjoy more stuff. Okay, thats about humans and animals, if you are a sharp guy you can apply this to plants and rocks too. But what about lets say, natural forces? They work on a Will basis too. Gravity's will is to concentrate all mater on the same place, for example. Now, this is an oversimplification of Schopenhauer's philosophy, and can sound like new agey stuff, but it's not when it's properly explained. Ok, so this is about all that we know about the Universe. Now let's say that there is a spirit realm or whatever.

Why would we think that it works differently? It would make more sense if the basis was the same right? This is why, even though I don't believe in an alterlife, I find much more interesting the indo-arian concept of the neverending feast and nevereding battle than those that evolved in deserts (lol).

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The creationist story is the only one that makes the world make sense. Anything else can 'seem' right, but ultimately fails before you even get off this physical earth.

To answer your question, yes, I think there is life after death. My own opinion is that heaven and hell will be similar to life on Earth. Heaven will be without sin/evil/satan, hell will be without God. Take from that what you will.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When Cain killed Abel, his punishment was to be banished. When they sent him away, he said he was afraid of the "other people." Ummmm....what other people? According to the creation story, there was only Adam, Eve, & Cain at the time.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
words mean nothing, right? death means no more life, guys. There's nothing special about you or anyone else. it's just over.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When Cain killed Abel, his punishment was to be banished. When they sent him away, he said he was afraid of the "other people." Ummmm....what other people? According to the creation story, there was only Adam, Eve, & Cain at the time.
The common answer to this is that Adam and Eve had a bunch of children, before and after Cain and Abel.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score

Possibly The Fallen Angels and/or The Nephilim.

Read the Book of Enoch.

Genesis 5:
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:

10 And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:

11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.

12 And Cainan lived seventy years and begat Mahalaleel:

13 And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:

14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

15 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:

16 And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:

17 And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.

18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech.

26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:

31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

You can listen to The Book of Enoch here:

This book was taken out by the Catholic Church because they believed it was not considered to be canon, but I don't see any loopholes and it fits with the events that took place in Genesis. It also tells you the reason why God flooded the earth.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Enoch was the one who never died, God's favorite, he just "walked away with God" instead of dying.

I like the Genesis verse "in those days giants roamed the Earth," especially since archaeologists have found remains of huge hominid species. It could have meant the Neanderthals, too. There is evidence of early interactions between Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens.

U

user43770

Death is the most unnerving thing that humanity has to contemplate. Most people believe in an afterlife and it makes them happy. I don't believe in one and I'm still pretty happy. I guess just believe whatever makes you happy, bud.

If you want factual evidence you'll have to ask a dead person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever eat too many mushrooms and think you're dying - you're not. It's just a side effect of eating too many mushrooms.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if there is life after that, we are assuming something like a soul or a spirit, something not physical that was a part of us when we were living and something that will be a part of us when we die.

There are problems with that idea.
1) It is not observable if it does exist. If it transcends our physical self then we can't really observe it. If we can't observe something it will only be speculation until we have the tools to observe it.

2) Different cases of brain trauma can actually lead to people completely changing their personality, character, etc. In addition to that people can even use magnets to mess with the blood flow away from or to certain parts of your brain and can actually make you act or think a certain way. Not mind control per-se but can make you more aggressive, can make you feel sad or happy, etc. All that leads to the idea that what we attribute to our soul or spirit may just be certain patterns or circuits in our brains activating. Similar to people having "life changing" experiences on shrooms and other drugs. If a chemical/neural/electrical change can affect who we are then it makes me doubt we have this spirit or soul that is somehow supposed to represent us after our physical body died.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
And, if your proof is because it said so in a religious book, please, I ask that you don't reply, because I'm only interested in evidence based on facts and not mere belief. For example, a near death experience.

ANY belief in the after life suggests a higher intelligence. To setup reality that way you would need a SYSTEM in which there are RULES. Now if you look at Evolution or just the physical universe, there are RULES and ways to measure them. Gravity doesn't shift without a certain amount of energy applied to it but its usually a constant. All matter is built out of a few elements and the rules for creating and destroying those elements are fairly simple. ALL life operates on matter to matter conversion and energy extraction, procreation is just another form of energy exchange and matter conversion. Order in Chaos, something had to have built the system to work in the way it did, its far too complex to be random, the universe is a very ordered place...

The ACCEPTED SCIENTIFIC FACT that the big bang spewed energy into space where gases became planets for creatures to develop and thrive points to a necessity and a WANT. The universe or the 'void' wanted (intelligence) to create life, possibly bored in its complete and total order so it released a super heated trillion year old explosion. This simple fact suggests that the universe WANTED life to develop or why add heat to the void at all? Heat energy is the first building block of life. If this is not the case then what caused the big bang and who/what created the universe before it? Most important, who or what created ENERGY and why does it exist at all?

I don't understand why people seeing black and having no memory of the other side points to 'non-existence' ??? If our brains cannot currently perceive the other side, does not mean it does not exist. Can you see into the ultraviolet spectrum? Can you see electricity? Can you see magnetic lines? No YOU can't but certain forms of life on Earth most definitely CAN. The 'HUMAN' observeable universe is such a small fraction of what exists. Because we cannot automatically SEE the universe's other half, doesn't mean there isn't one, maybe evolution is or will reveal more in the future.

A bacteria tells another bacteria that SOUND and COLOR do not exist because they don't have the necessary stuff to sense/utilize those energy waves. This is why its SO important to find other intelligent life in the universe, they will have the ability to see and understand things we cannot and never will. Explain color to a blind man and sound to a deaf person, without society, both will tell you, that thing does not exist. Our human bodies create a faint electrical/magnetic signal in our hearts and brains, since energy cannot be created nor destroyed it would make sense that the energy released takes another form. As our bodies grow and develop, we create a greater electrical field (our brains constantly fire off electricity through synapses). We need that electric field to live yet without scientific equipment we cannot observe the field. Remove electricity from the man and his heart stops functioning. Remove the electrical field from the Earth and you will have Chaos.

I learned all about the bodies electrical field when I started having potassium problems in my body. Our bodies require certain elements, K+ being one of those, to create and nourish the electrical field our heart creates. We are so connected to the Universe, its impossible to break the two apart. Without potassium life on earth ceases to exist. Energy/Electricity takes many forms and is given off in many forms but one thing is for certain it is a fundamental currency of the universe and when our physical bodies breakdown and die our natural energy will be released into the rest of the Universe. Therefore there is observable existence after death.

Everything in life points to intelligent design, people who believe otherwise are spitting in the face of science and reality. Belief in 'nothingness' is just another HUMAN created religion and is willfully ignorant of the FACTS based upon observable and non-observable EVIDENCE. The FACT that we are developing intelligence and evolving points to the UNIVERSE wanting us to communicate and play in its sandbox with a greater capacity, this is DIRECTED energy, and nothing is directed without a force first acting upon it. Perhaps we are not yet evolved enough to understand why.

Last edited:

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
What is Life?

Well I would argue that LIFE is ENERGY, and vice versa, one is a component of the other. To believe in the after life is to believe the un-observable universe. To believe in the after life is to believe in the optimistic propagation of all life on Earth. Its possible that Life did not start on Earth but was and always has been here since the beginning of the Universe. It may be possible that Electrons are in fact the tiniest observable life forms, wherever you find life you will also find electricity. They exhibit a lot of the same primitive societal structures that we do, they like to party, come together, and create more life wherever they go, it benefits them as much as it does us.

Counter to LIFE/ENERGY is what we consider to be EVIL, limiting one's access to Energy/Life has given way to wars since the beginning of life on Earth. Why do humans love life? Why are our emotions connected to procreation of life and movement of energy? We all begin life as optimistic young life forms bent on sharing, caring, loving and procreating because fundamentally that is what creates more of that energy movement in the universe. Sharing of energy creates 'love' and the emotion to carry on that 'sharing'. If you share your resources with your dog, he will do his best to share his protection with you, both life forms benefit from that 'love', that is FACT based upon EVIDENCE.

Why are all religions based on love? Because its the fundamental rule of the universe, create more life. What is the fundamental evil of the universe? VOID. Every religion on Earth talks about the evils of void or a-voids that concept completely because its counter to life. Does the concept of a black hole scare you? Sure it does, its an all consuming theoretical void, no one really knows for sure, but we have theories. What on Earth is evil? Anything that embraces the concept of VOID. Feminism is an ideology that embraces the concept of VOID, it is trying to rid the Earth of Life, that's why it is EVIL and that's why women who have Religion, generally don't share in feminist ideologies. What else is VOID? LGBT. None of those behaviors serve to CREATE LIFE, they are void and that's why life on Earth seeks to eliminate that which embraces void. This is why we sense that 'something is wrong' with our society, we are embracing evil. Suicide is also viewed as idiotic and selfish because it embraces void. Selfishness and Greed embrace both Life but at a cost of sharing, thus VOID for others.

It is very important that man has religion. As Mike Dooley put it: THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS. As long as man embraces a religion which fosters propagation of increased life on Earth then Life will continue and get better for everyone. Energy has sought out to remove VOID from the universe, maybe the Big Bang was 'god', an eternal struggle of good vs evil.

The trees 'love' you, the animals 'love' you, the light in your room 'loves you'. I think this is why we surround ourselves with loved ones and loved things when we die, they will fill the void and absorb our energies. Everything in LIFE is connected. I use electricity/energy/love to run my computer so that I can share my ideas with you. You read my ideas convert my energy into your brain, fire your synapses and write back, sharing your energy with me. Thoughts become things. If electricity is the fundamental building block behind THINGS then really we are using the 'ether' to build our reality. What do my thoughts do? Well right now they motivate you. If you're a doctor or scientist you use thoughts to build LIFE extending technologies. If you are an engineer or a computer tech you are building technology that helps us learn and understand the fabric of reality even more. If you are a soldier or emergency response, you are defending us from that which wishes to cause VOID to our tribe. All of our jobs are important in creating LIFE and jobs are a human construct brought about by the movement of energy. I've heard people theorize that intelligence/technology is the next step in DIRECTED evolution and the key to understanding how all life operates in the universe, THIS points to intelligent design.
Death is a primitive concept! I'd like to think they are off fighting evil....in another dimension. -Grig [The Last Starfighter]

Last edited:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken the opinion that I'll find out when I die.

Until then, I'll be as good as I can to others without compromising myself, learn as much as I can, dabble in the things that interest me, and pursue a life of pleasure and happiness, and work hard at raising my boy to be a successfully independent man. After I've done all this 5hit, I'll be ready for death regardless of whether there's an afterlife or not.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
live what you can, while you can, cause you'll never have anything else

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score

Think how cool its going to be to be able to finally see into the ultraviolet spectrum in a couple years or echo location. There is probably no way to explain how awesome it will be to see into the world we can't currently perceive. It will be an awakening like no other. There is no way we can understand the universe in our present form so making statements like 'there is no life after death' is as stupid and ignorant as it is for someone to declare that god is a dude who created the world in 7 days. Both are bred from the same ignorance of the world we know about but can't fully experience yet.

Last edited:

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So what do you think?
There is no proof. It is just a matter of belief. The thing is, if you believe that you will go to heaven all the way up until your on your deathbed, your final moments will likely be those of bliss.

I don't like to talk about this because its such a gray area. All that is guaranteed is the life I'm living right now.

There was this book though, that I can't remember the name of. A kid from my class showed it to me last year. It was about a doctor, or a surgeon who suffered a brain infection or something of that nature and went comatose. While he was unconscious, he had an out of body experience indicating that there is an afterlife. He woke up from the coma and went on to write the book himself.

I really wish I could remember what the book is called but if this type of stuff has been on your mind lately I recommend reading a book like that.

All I can say is.. No one really knows.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
"death" MEANS "the absence of life', dumbass. you'll have to call it something else, but basically, you're just fos, wanting your life to be of some sort of importance. It's not.