Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Divorce party? WTF?

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl I'm seeing has been invited to a divorce party/celebration. In this case, It's a women only event to celebrate the divorce of one of the women in this group of friends.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past and totally behind the times, But I can remember when divorce was viewed as a tragic event, something you viewed as a failure, not a cause for celebration.

I decided to google "divorce party". Yes, it's really a thing. You get hits like: "5 ways to throw a successful divorce party". And: "The red hot business of divorce celebration". There are even books devoted to the subject...

Again: WTF??

-Augustus-

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure it's such a bad thing to be honest: I wouldn't have thought the majority of women do this because they're celebrating. To me it sounds like they're just trying to put a positive spin on a negative event.

I honestly don't believe divorce is pleasant for anyone, regardless of who gets the most at the end of it..

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Lol bishes b stupid as fuk

what else is new

Glassguy

Reaction score
The day I got divorced 3 years ago, my buddies and I all met at our golf course. A beer a hole. Had 2 chicks lined up for afterwards.

Hell of a divorce party.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think these divorce celebrations would be normal. IMO most divorces happen over a long period of time, the hurt and pain were long gone before the final documents were signed.

Once Bitten

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was definitely ready to celebrate mine! I'm sure she did too.

Wish I'd have celebrated with a high class hooker though :)

But the type these chicks are doing, is a different kind of mentality that sux. Kind of in the same "fat girls are beautiful" sort of way.
More female ugliness.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The girl I'm seeing has been invited to a divorce party/celebration. In this case, It's a women only event to celebrate the divorce of one of the women in this group of friends.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past and totally behind the times, But I can remember when divorce was viewed as a tragic event, something you viewed as a failure, not a cause for celebration.

I decided to google "divorce party". Yes, it's really a thing. You get hits like: "5 ways to throw a successful divorce party". And: "The red hot business of divorce celebration". There are even books devoted to the subject...

Again: WTF??

-Augustus-
It's BIG BUSINESS my friend. There are even a number of firms out there like this one: http://www.bblchurchill.com/borrowers/what-is-divorce-finance

Basically, they will loan a chick money upfront in terms of an advance, to pay for attorney costs, etc., and the firm will get paid back from a portion of the chick's financial RAPING of her husband.

Marriage is big business today. Ain't no love in that shyt. There's an industry of folks that get paid at the beginning (when you enter the marriage) and at the end (when you divorce)......and a lot of times it's the SAME PEOPLE getting paid on both ends!

One divorce attorney said that he smiles when he sees newly married couples because he sees them as inventory.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Augustus,
Have you never heard that "Birds of a feather,flock together"?...Take care Old Son!

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am only seperated but I happily celebrated but whem my wife told me she was moving out it was the second happiest day of my life (happiest eas my wedding day)... Just goes to show.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I celebrated my divorce as well. I got a whole bunch of people over for a potluck, bought fireworks, and had an extremely good time. Nothing wrong with celebrating it IMO.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche,

Yes, exactly. I won't be getting married again, but it's definitely a potential indication of mentality.

Thanks for the sage advice.

-Augustus-

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, divorce party, huh.

I don't think that's an entirely a bad thing as diametrically it will lead society toward marriage funerals!

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
^^^ Never realized this was big business...damn...
Lawyer- sees them as future inventory LMFAO!!!
I'm sure he does!
Yes, when you guys get a chance, please watch Divorce Corp. I believe it's on Netflix, but you can also get the DVD. They go over (in full, with no smoke/mirrors, etc.) the overview of the Marriage/Divorce/Child Custody (Family Court) industry.

We talk about blue pill v.s. red pill, what we ought to be saying is uninformed v.s. informed. Hey, I'm nobody's God on here to tell you how to run your life. But if you decide to do ANY legal relationship with women and tie yourself to the Family Court.......you have significant chances of financial failure on top of psychological, emotional, and mental trauma. Some men flat out snap and KILL their wives, baby mommas, and themselves. Of course when they do that, the media/society in general will just say those men had "mental illnesses" because they refuse to focus on the FVCKED UP relations between Men and Women today.

We are in a Gender War. It's the worse it's ever been. There's no true love out here anymore, every chick that talks to you is looking to GET something from you or SCREW you out of something. They aren't looking to GIVE shyt.

Am I negative? Am I angry? Do I seem like a bitter MF'er? YES to all three! But when you show me that I'm inaccurate in my analysis, then I'll sit down, STFU, and have a Coke lol.

Looking for "love" in this market, is like climbing through a pool of snakes looking for that ONE special snake that won't bite or squeeze you to death.

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also got to taste the flavor of bankruptcy shortly after my divorce. At least it was CH13 and not 7 so I did pay a good part of my debts back over a three year period. But the one debt I couldn't discharge in my BK was the divorce settlement. Alimony and Child support are also non-dischargeable but thank God I had none of that

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We are in a Gender War. It's the worse it's ever been.
Ya, kill all them btches. LOL! Come on bro, chill out. When laws don't work in your favor, don't engage. Just don't marry them. Simple.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think men and women go about this divorce party phenomenon differently. I haven't thrown a divorce party yet although I've been getting bugged to take a trip to Asheville, NC to ride the US's longest zip-line. I could also climb and adventure around their obstacle course in Swiss Family Robinson-like trees and hike the national forest there as well. I'm still waiting for my final declaration, yet have enjoyed rock climbing and hiking a ton this year with the social mingling. There's something amazing to be said about getting out there in the great outdoors, climbing high altitudes and seeking peace and freedom in a vast environment.

Once Bitten

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, when you guys get a chance, please watch Divorce Corp. I believe it's on Netflix, but you can also get the DVD. They go over (in full, with no smoke/mirrors, etc.) the overview of the Marriage/Divorce/Child Custody (Family Court) industry.

We talk about blue pill v.s. red pill, what we ought to be saying is uninformed v.s. informed. Hey, I'm nobody's God on here to tell you how to run your life. But if you decide to do ANY legal relationship with women and tie yourself to the Family Court.......you have significant chances of financial failure on top of psychological, emotional, and mental trauma. Some men flat out snap and KILL their wives, baby mommas, and themselves. Of course when they do that, the media/society in general will just say those men had "mental illnesses" because they refuse to focus on the FVCKED UP relations between Men and Women today.

We are in a Gender War. It's the worse it's ever been. There's no true love out here anymore, every chick that talks to you is looking to GET something from you or SCREW you out of something. They aren't looking to GIVE shyt.

Am I negative? Am I angry? Do I seem like a bitter MF'er? YES to all three! But when you show me that I'm inaccurate in my analysis, then I'll sit down, STFU, and have a Coke lol.

Looking for "love" in this market, is like climbing through a pool of snakes looking for that ONE special snake that won't bite or squeeze you to death.

We should tell our exes that we should take the supposed 'national average" of how often married couples have sex (2-3 times a week) and add up ours (easy, once a month for 17 years in my case). And take the difference and charge her for how many dollars a good hooker would have cost to make up the difference every time. I know by the math that I would get a lot out of her that way Lol!!