Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coast Guard

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about joining the Coast Guard for 4 years to help pay for my college(Bachelors) and travel, I was going to become Search and Rescue. It'll also help me gain a lot of experience for my career in Criminal Justice.

What should I know about the Coast Guard?

logicallefty

Reaction score
I don't know much about the Coast Guard but good for you. If I had it to do all over again I'd hit the apps for Federal 1811 work hard after doing something like Coast Guard or other military.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are difficult to get into. So I say go for it. The USCG has the most similarities to outside law enforcement agencies that you can get within the military. I saw USCG guys when I was in Dubai, UAE and Bahrain. Yes, they are around the world too.

I'm in the Navy and used to be a "big city cop" before the mil.

logicallefty

Reaction score
BMX, I hear that about the 1811s being hard to get into. In the 2009-2011 timeframe I was doing cyber crimes/computer forensics for a medium sized city police department and I tried brutally to get an 1811 before I hit 37 and cyber 1811s were in high demand. There were a couple that literally looked like they took my resume and wrote the job for just me. I made it through the app process several steps but never got a bite.

The USCG does more than one might think based on what little I do know about them. I live not too far from the Illinois River and they patrol even that, right in the heart of America.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I submitted an app for a federal 1811 job before deciding to begin the backwards route I took. That didn't happen but I was inexperienced back then so not a big surprise.

The USCG is more versatile than anyone would guess. Hawaii, Guam, I think even Australia when I was out there that they were there too. They have special operations units, intel (if you want to submit to a 3+ year waiting list), LEO opportunities left and right. They were dressed like the Army in the middle east. I'd look into Great Lakes and Alaska personally.