Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Challenge me ! blind_one's fitness project

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I had this idea running around my head for a while now.
I had been working out consistently for a long time now but recently I feel like I have stagnated and have not been pushing myself enough.

This is where you all come into play. I want to create this workout log for my enjoyment and benefit. I know you will be hard on me to exceed my expectation and this is what I want. Your guidance.

As Socrates once said :

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

Lets see this genetic potential. I have a rough plan now and I will welcome your all your advice as always.

I will start by posting several times a week to get the hang of it and then switch to a weekly update, regarding reps/sets/exercises I did with weights. That way we will know where we stand. So right now I am packing my bag and we are ready to roll.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Log #1

1. Incline Dumbbell Press
10 reps with 14kg dumbbells, then 3 more sets with 16kg
2. Decling Barbell Bench Press 3 x 10 , bar+ 30kg
3. Incline Flies 3 x 10 , 12kg
4. Dips 8 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps
5. Barbell curls 10 reps with 15 overall, then 3 more sets of 10 with 20kg
6. Preacher curls 10 reps with bar+ 5 kg, then drop the weight and another 10 reps with just the bar. Times three.

Notes: Could probably up the weight on the 1. and 2. gonna try that next week since some time ago I easily did 3 x 10 x bar+20 on the incline barbell. As long as I do 8 reps its fine. Looking for a replacement for Dips. I am doing them for chest with a neutral grip, but I am not strong enough to do them with proper controlled form.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a simple workout that will take about 15 minutes.

Do 5 sets of 12 deadlifts with moderately heavy weight with a 1 minute rest in between sets. I completed this with 355lbs at my peak after working up over a few months from 275lbs. Was doing this once a week.

Be prepared to see the white light. That's the whole workout, one you'll never want to try again.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot. Diet is pretty set from Monday through Friday. Weekends can be ... taxing, especially if I go out.. the booze ...

Consistency I think I can handle, I can stick to doing workouts Mon thru Thru and the rest should fall in line. I'd rather do less weight then get injured, which is another point.

Meals:
1. Foundation Shake ( @EFFORT's great idea and my little modifications ) - cup of berries + half a banana, whole banana if berries not available. Some frozen spinach, dash of cocoa, protein powder, coconut shrims/tablespoon of peanutbutter, 100g of oats.

2&3. 250g of pork ham/chop with 250-300g mixed spinach/brocolli/green beans braised in olive oil. Sometimes I get a little less greens and put some red peppers in.

4. 7-8 scrambled eggs with some ham

<here I usually workout >

5. Another foundation shake.

Regarding the deadlift. I am really starting to like it, the problem is I don't want to fvck my back with bad form. I think I am doing it better and better. I have it included in my back day, I'll try to made a video of myself.

Squats are another exercise I would love some advice on, gonna try and film it as well.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot. Diet is pretty set from Monday through Friday. Weekends can be ... taxing, especially if I go out.. the booze ...

Consistency I think I can handle, I can stick to doing workouts Mon thru Thru and the rest should fall in line. I'd rather do less weight then get injured, which is another point.

Meals:
1. Foundation Shake ( @EFFORT's great idea and my little modifications ) - cup of berries + half a banana, whole banana if berries not available. Some frozen spinach, dash of cocoa, protein powder, coconut shrims/tablespoon of peanutbutter, 100g of oats.

2&3. 250g of pork ham/chop with 250-300g mixed spinach/brocolli/green beans braised in olive oil. Sometimes I get a little less greens and put some red peppers in.

4. 7-8 scrambled eggs with some ham

<here I usually workout >

5. Another foundation shake.

Regarding the deadlift. I am really starting to like it, the problem is I don't want to fvck my back with bad form. I think I am doing it better and better. I have it included in my back day, I'll try to made a video of myself.

Squats are another exercise I would love some advice on, gonna try and film it as well.
If you re doing workouts from Effort then just do whatever he says...by far and away the best trainer I've ever had. He knows his sh!t cold in all areas.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you re doing workouts from Effort then just do whatever he says...by far and away the best trainer I've ever had. He knows his sh!t cold in all areas.
I know that much however, since he is improving his business I wanted to stop the cooperation. He was doing me a favor and guiding me for free for quite some time, for which I forever will be grateful, however from a recent point on I would be unable to offer him a sufficient pay, given that my local currency stands for jacksh!t in the US.

I really liked most of his workouts, except for cable squats and lunges since I couldn't do them well for sh!t :), and I attest he is a great trainer and a knowledgeable physician.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi It depends but usually I do not go over 0.7 liters of vodka during the whole weekend. May seem like a dubious amount I know. I always watch my hydration though so that I am never hungover or anything like that.

Im around 184 cm tall which would be right between 6.0 and 6.1. Weight is around 176lbs after conversion but I will weight myself tomorrow morning.

During the week I drink only water, exception being espresso which I drink maybe biweekly, not a coffee person at all, just use it as a little pick me up.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I had this idea running around my head for a while now.
I had been working out consistently for a long time now but recently I feel like I have stagnated and have not been pushing myself enough.

This is where you all come into play. I want to create this workout log for my enjoyment and benefit. I know you will be hard on me to exceed my expectation and this is what I want. Your guidance.

As Socrates once said :

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

Lets see this genetic potential. I have a rough plan now and I will welcome your all your advice as always.

I will start by posting several times a week to get the hang of it and then switch to a weekly update, regarding reps/sets/exercises I did with weights. That way we will know where we stand. So right now I am packing my bag and we are ready to roll.
Genetic potential takes many many years even in professional atheletes to fully develop. Think about atheletes in there from 5 years old to 35, they are still gaining from 5-30 which means 25 years of gains. So if you have never fully developed yourself, start on the path. It takes TIME. Years and years and years of consistent small improvements, and it should excite you to the potential available, but you have to earn it, work for it and it takes TIME to come.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realize it is not gonna happen overnight but its is the journey not the goal, getting better and better, striving to achieve new goals. Like with every skill.

And what I generally mean by genetic potential, and correct me if I am wrong, I meant receptors. Which muscles are my strong suit ie. will grown faster then other under similar stress.

Its just a matter of making a habit out of it. I still remember how aggravated I was last December when they took away my sports card for a two months.

Had to go outside the box, took my Ma on my back and did squats :). Pull-up bar and super sets of

Nowadays I feel awkward like something is missing if I don't lift or otherwise exhaust myself. Another log will be today , its leg day.

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Log #2

Barbell Back Squat

10 x the bar
10 x 20kg
10 x 30 kg
10 x 35 kg
10 x 35 kg
10 x 40 kg my phone malfunctions when connecting to my PC, but I have the last 2 sets filmed with my ****ty form and lack of depth. Will try uploading soon.

3 sets of lunges 10 reps per leg with db, 8kg total.

3 sets of seated leg curls 10 reps 49.5 kg

brutalizing my calves on a ''diagonal squat'' machine 3 sets with 40 kg loaded. Each set was performed with a different feet placement neutral, outward and inward.

Did not have much time today, otherwise I would do less squats and do leg press with leg extensions.

I really think I can do way better, but I think my glutes are sh!t and my squat form leaves a lot to be desired.
TBC

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Log #3

Assisted pullup with 4 assist plates
10 reps

Pulldown 3 sets 10rp 40 kg

Deadlift
10rp bar + 20kg
10rp bar + 30kg
10rp bar + 30kg
10rp bar + 40kg
10rp bar + 40kg

Im becoming more confident with form, upping all sets with 5kg next week.

Bent over rows
10 rp 30kg
10 rp 40kg
10 rp 40kg

Seated machine row
3 sets of 10rp
Started with 8 plates which was good before summer. Felt too easy
Next 2 sets performed with 10 plates. Fvck yeah it felt good, loved it.

Hyperextensions
3 sets of 10 with 5kg plate, like with the above, the last reps felt really rewarding but I did not have to drop the plate like 3-4 months ago.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realize it is not gonna happen overnight but its is the journey not the goal, getting better and better, striving to achieve new goals. Like with every skill.

And what I generally mean by genetic potential, and correct me if I am wrong, I meant receptors. Which muscles are my strong suit ie. will grown faster then other under similar stress.

Its just a matter of making a habit out of it. I still remember how aggravated I was last December when they took away my sports card for a two months.

Had to go outside the box, took my Ma on my back and did squats :). Pull-up bar and super sets of

Nowadays I feel awkward like something is missing if I don't lift or otherwise exhaust myself. Another log will be today , its leg day.
That's the wrong way to go about it. Common mistake thinking if some is good, more must be better when going to the gym.

Constant workouts are extremely stressful to the body and if you don't have rest days built in you will stagnate pretty quickly due to a jacked up hormonal profile.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@marmel75 Rest is important I know that much, points is do I realize the magnitude of it. If I don't regenerate, I get jacksh!t since there is not enough time to fully build and recover what is supposed to be built stronger. Different groups regenerate differently and after a while I will probably have to switch up my plan, since squat and dead lift will collide.

Right now its something like:

Mon: Chest biceps
Tue: Legs
Wed : Back n Deadlift
Thur: Shoulders n Triceps
Rest till Monday or some HIIT on Sat if I feel like it.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah that's fine, you got a couple days in there...you made it sound like you worked out til exhaustion 7 days a week in the other post

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah that's fine, you got a couple days in there...you made it sound like you worked out til exhaustion 7 days a week in the other post
Naaah. Thanks for keeping tabs !

Log #4

Shoulder press

10x 17.5kg bar
3 sets of 10 with 28kg total DB

3 sets of Upright Rows (on smith machine 10/5/5kg ) supersetted with Lateral Raises (8kg total db ) 10 reps
3 sets of Front Raise with 15kg plate, 10 reps
3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises (6kg total dbZ) 10 reps

3 sets of Close Grip Bench Press ( bar + 20 kg ) 10 reps
4 sets of Triceps Rope Pushdown (7/7/8/8 plates) 10 reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers (ezbar + 5kg ) 10 reps

My form was not top notch on Lying Rear Delt Raises and Skullcrushers. Gotta work on that.

Week #1 completed ( its actually week 4 ), Next week I might change some exercises some alternate to see how I like them.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love skullcrushers but can't do them cause of my elbows.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the wrong way to go about it. Common mistake thinking if some is good, more must be better when going to the gym.

Constant workouts are extremely stressful to the body and if you don't have rest days built in you will stagnate pretty quickly due to a jacked up hormonal profile.
Could someone in gear work like that?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#1 Update

Day 1

10 reps with 14kg dumbbells, then 3 more sets with 18kg
2. Dumbbell Press 10 reps 14 18 18 kg
3. Incline Flies 10 reps 8 8 8 kg
4. Decline Barbell Bench Press 10 reps bar + 30, bar +40, bar + 45, bar + 45 6 reps
5. Barbell Curls 10 reps 17,5kg, 25, 20
6. Preacher Curls 10 reps then drop the weight and another 10 reps with juts the bar. 3 sets of Ezbar + 5kg

Day 2

Barbell Squat 10 reps per set
( I havent gone retard on weight, instead I tried to get as much depth as possible and I think I went lower then usually )
Bar,
Bar + 20
Bar + 30
Bar + 30
Bar + 35
Bar + 30

Reverse Lunges 8kg dbs 10 reps per leg 3 sets total

Leg press slow and controlled
3 sets of 10 with 103.5 kg

Leg extension 3 sets of 12
with 40 kg

Leg Curl 3 sets with 49,5 kg
12rp, 12rp, 10 rp

Calves on diagonal squat machine with 50kg load

2 Rounds of 3 sets of 12 reps.
Each round consisted of 3 different feet positions.

Day 3

Deadlift 10 reps per set

Bar + 25 kg
Bar + 40kg
Bar + 40kg
Bar + 40kg
Bar + 40kg

Pulldowns 3 sets of 10, 40 kg

Bent over rows 10 reps with 25 kg, 12 reps with 40, 12 with 40

Seated Row machine 4 sets with 9 plates 11 reps, 12reps, 12 reps , 12 reps

Hyper Extension with 5 kg plate 3 sets of 12

Notes

Only 3 days this week. Sadly started on tuesday because of my travel, on Wednesday gym was FULL and I couldn't get in ....
On Saturday I had a car crash :( Hopefully my friend will help me grab some groceries from the market for the next 3 weeks so I can lift more iron.

On the flipside I am going to be cooperating with EFFORT again :)

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Update 2

Day 1

10 reps with 18kg dumbbells 2 sets, then 2 more, 12 reps
2. Dumbbell Press 18kg DB 10 reps,then 12 and 12
3. Incline Flies 12 reps 8 8 8 kg
4. Decline Barbell Bench Press
bar + 30kg x 12
bar +40kg x 10
bar +40kg x 10
5. Barbell Curls 20kg 3 sets - 12rp, 10rp, 10rp

6. Preacher Curls 10 reps then drop the weight and another 10 reps with juts the bar. 3 sets of Ezbar + 5kg 10+8, 10+10, 10+8 reps

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been a while, skipped almost 1.5 week after I had an accident in my lovely car :( Back to solid consistency again feeling better than ever.

Bonus

I managed to get a free swimming pool pass from my company. Every wednesday 8 AM before work , its like 6 minutes walk from my workplace. Two no shows and I am out so consistency is a given :D