Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Catfish

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread someone brought up how a large majority of the ultra hot women on dating sites are people who are catfishing... In my opinion, dating sites are mostly filled with mostly low quality scum... The type of stuff that even someone who has as low standards as me would rather not scrape up... Desperate women, women simply seeking to get validation, manipulators posting photoshopped pics, ect. but I think the catfish is the one that is most egregious. It does spark my curiosity... Why are they doing this? I understand utilizing manipulation, but I fail to understand why someone will do it with no actual personal gain... Have any of you had any experiences being catfished? How can you tell if it is a catfisher or a real person?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread someone brought up how a large majority of the ultra hot women on dating sites are people who are catfishing... In my opinion, dating sites are mostly filled with mostly low quality scum... The type of stuff that even someone who has as low standards as me would rather not scrape up... Desperate women, women simply seeking to get validation, manipulators posting photoshopped pics, ect. but I think the catfish is the one that is most egregious. It does spark my curiosity... Why are they doing this? I understand utilizing manipulation, but I fail to understand why someone will do it with no actual personal gain... Have any of you had any experiences being catfished? How can you tell if it is a catfisher or a real person?
There's a show on MTV called Catfish. It's on Hulu and they have some celebrities that guest star later on.

It's actually pretty entertaining to watch. I would go watch a few episodes, you'll realize the person Catfishing are just people with low self esteem.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would guess that they have little to no attention or affection being subjected to them in their lives and it gets to a point where they get desperate and catfish to suckle the teet of attention it brings. Even though it is under false pretenses the attention in their heads is the closest they will ever get to the real thing. So a little of that is better then nothing right?

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand utilizing manipulation, but I fail to understand why someone will do it with no actual personal gain
It's basically a form of trolling. The gain is attention.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I am starting to get that @Yewki ... Trolls are just people who fail in life, instead of trying to focus on themselves and improve their lives, instead of setting goals, they decide they should just be little passive aggressive c**ts. Their lives are so crap that they decide to take a crap on the fun of everyone else. I figure it is just a release of angst and frustration, a way to forget about their own pathetic lives. I am just surprised at how prominent this behavior is... I have seen dozens of people with all kinds of mental illness and even they do not engage in such pathetic behaviors. But then comes the question... How does one tell if it is a catfish or not? I mean, I assume if the woman is super hot and seems perfect it may be an indicator... But then what if it is real? I figure that there would be some ways to tell... I am mostly interested in this behavior due to my curiosity, but I think this kind of information can help some of the DJs here who are using the net and things such as POF and the like so that they do not fall for these troll's trap.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But then comes the question... How does one tell if it is a catfish or not?
I mean I don't really see the need for concern. The ones who get burned by catfish are the idiots who try to have some type of LDR and drag out the interaction. You should be spending very little time chatting with a girl online before meeting. If they don't want to meet up, next. They could possibly waste your time by pretending to meet up then not show, but I bet that's very rare.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's happened to me twice. The first time, I wasn't even upset because she brought her friend who was cute.. and she wasn't bad looking at all herself.. and we ended up having fun anyways.. i Brought my guy along and we had a double date.. The thing was the girl wasn't even fat, she didn't look bad at all, had a great ass.. So I just didn't understand why she posted fake pics.. Maybe insecure.. Then again we were like 17-18 and the girls were like 15-16.

Was a super long time ago... but that one stands out because we made it work.

The 2nd time it happened to me, it was just a chick that was kinda cute but fat. The pics she used actually looked like her, but just weren't her. I remember I left her standing int he street after I made an excuse that I had left my wallet in my car.. and just left. didn't even text her until after 5-6 calls/texts I told her "I don't mess with liars".