Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bling's Workout Journal

johnny_unitas

Reaction score
Majority of people who don't get the results in the gym, are making the mistake of over training, undereating and avoiding compound exercises. I've already noted that most of the lads here are familiar with deadlifts and squats - fantastic. Stick with those. As a qualified PT I thoroughly recommend giving your body the ultimate chance to grow, adapt and recover. This means smashing both protein and calories into you. Sleeping at least 9 hours, and training no more than 3 times a week. With heavy weight training I'd suggest training once every 4 days - split programs aside- Never do any more than 10 reps and never more than 2 sets.

Strenght training your legs is ideal for full body muscle growth - squats and deadlifts - releases large amounts of growth hormones through out your body. Workouts aside your bodies growth hormones and insulin levels are inverse to each other... if you eat food, your insulin levels rise to help deal with this energy, and as a result lowers hormones. The exception is straight after a work out. Hence: don't eat large amounts of food before heavy weight training. But straight after a massive work out (Squats, deadlifts) your body allows about a 20 minute period where both insulin and body hormones are peaked (Layman's Terms: anything you eat in that 20 min period will go straight to muscle development and recovery) So once finishing a workout you ironically want to eat food that is high in calories (preferably low in fat), but high energy foods (cake, chocolate etc) as well as plenty of protein.

Protein powder is a good concept to include. However, it is not to be relied on as your source of protein in your daily diet. Your body can ingest large amounts of protein throughout a day, so idealy you want to have a large percentage of your daily intake coming from natural foods, and protein powder being used to make up the difference. Red meat is a 'complete' protein, which is exactly what you want. It has ALL the essential ammino acids for muscle growth. Other natural foods to include for muscle growth would be TUNA and EGGS.

I'm tired and have to go to bed. But if ANYONE has any further questions don't hesitate to email me, i'd be more than happy to help you out... no charge lol.

cheers boys

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm finally in a gym. Well sort of... school gym! PF. So we're doing circuits because the kids last year ruined it for us, because they didn't do anything when they were suppose to. Now I'm stuck with 15 stations, and rotating lifting light weights for many reps as I can. It's tiring, but I don't know how much muscle it is breaking down. The only thing I can change quick enough are the machines. So I'm just going to keep track of my stuff here. The machines are light to me, but some compound exercises I failed on.

Height: 5'10-5'11ish
Weight: 125 (I think I'm going to start drinking weight gainer after gym now)
Bench Press: built up to 95 lbs (Personal best) x 2
Squat: 85 x 12 (<--what a joke)
LAT Pulldown: 65 x ???
Curls: 15 x 10
Machine Shoulder Press: 55 x 12
Leg Lift: 15
Leg Press: 210 x 3

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teacher's letting us do normal weights now.

Bench Press: 95 lbs, 3 x 10
Box Squat: 95 lbs, 3 x 10
SLDL: 65, 3 x 10
Dumbbell Curl: 20 lbs, 2 x 10, 6
Shoulder Press: 40, 2 x 10, 7

The curls and press were a bit of a problem because of major fatigue. I was dead after squating, bench pressing and deadlifting.

This is actually pretty cool. I feel so proud of myself. At first I was the only one that struggled putting up 95 lbs. Now I completed three whole sets of them without trouble.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bench Press: 3 x 5 85 lbs
Squat: 3 x 5 95 lbs
Shoulder Press: 3 x 5 55 lbs
Bent Over Rows: 3 x 5 70 lbs

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to bump this.

Height: 5'11 (or 5'10)
Weight: 132

PR:
Bench Press: 95 2x8
T-Bar Row: 45
Pull up: 6
(Smith machine) Squat: 165 1x10
Deadlift: 155 1x5 (bad form)

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I guess I gained 30 lbs in three and a half years. I remember when I killed to be this weight, yet it still sucks. Anyway, goal is 160. Then it'll be 180. Then it'll be a cut 180. :)

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So in 5 years you have only added 47 lbs and keep in mind that's not all muscle!!!

I might come off as a **** but I'm really questioning your intensity and eating habits. We're not young forever, I'm hoping to hit my goal within 5 years (have about 2 years of serious training, first year I didn't know what the **** I was doing)

BTW I'm the same height and at 175-180 I still feeeeeel incredibly small. I say go for 200-210 and than see if you want to maintain or even go further. TRUST ME 180 isn't ****.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Squat: 140, 3 x 5
Bench Press: 115, 3 x 5
Deadlift: 185, 1 x 5
Military Press: 75, 1 x 5
Pullup: 4

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hoping to gain a lot of mass. If you read the this thread, you'll know I'm a skinny mother****er.

I can't go to a gym, but I have a Weider Pro 2250 system. That looks like this.

I also have 2 5 lb. DB, 1 15 lb. DB, 2 25 lb. DB, and 1 30 lb. DB.

My Workout schedule will be similiar to this one:
http://www.leehayward.com/art5.htm

Workout 1:
Bench press 3 sets of 10 reps
Pull downs 3 sets of 10 reps
Shoulder press 3 sets of 10 reps
Weighted Crunches 5 sets of 10 reps

Workout 2:
Squats with Dumbbells 3 sets of 10 reps
Leg Curls 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbell Curls 3 sets of 10 reps
Tri Pushdowns 3 sets of 10 reps
Standing Calf Raises 3 sets of 15 reps

Workout days:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 1: Workout 1 is on Monday and Friday; Workout 2 is on Wednesday
Week 2: Workout 2 is on Monday and Friday; Workout 1 is on Wednesday

and so on...

Current Weight: 102 lbs.

Diet
Morning: Oatmeal, Water and Milk
Lunch: School Sandwich and Water
Mid-Day Snack: Milk and Power Bar
Dinner: ???
Post Workout: Whey with Milk
Before Bed: Power Bar, Whey with Milk

Supplemets:
Whey Protein

ANY CRITIQUES?

Hopefully when I'm done bulking, I can be an inspiration to other bulkers.
Poor kid that guy is above...

Height: 5'11
Weight: 163 lbs.
Bodyfat: Probably around 14-15%

Goal: 160 lbs, 8% bodyfat. Need to gain about: 11 lbs muscle, lose 13 lbs fat.