Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bling's Workout Journal

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did everything except my lunges. I hate lunges. :mad: I know I shouldn't have done that now, but I know I'll do it next week.

However, my calves burn like bloody hell! Yay!!!! I wish I had massive calves.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was unfortunately hit hard by Hurricane Wilma, so for a period of 2 weeks, I was unable to bodybuild because I didn't have the good foods. Now I just did 1 week of bodybuilding (actually only 2 sessions), but here's my updated stats... most of it just probably me growing, but I still like improvements!

BEFORE STATS
STATS:
Neck: 12.125 in
Unflexed arm: 8.875 in
Bicep flexed arm: 9.75 in
Unflexed Calves: 11..25 in
Unflexed Chest: 31.75 in
Waist: 28.875 in

BEFORE PICS:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attac...chmentid=206964

Now: 103 lbs.

AFTER STATS
Neck: 12.125 in (Do people actually workout their necks? If so, what's a good routine? My neck is pretty puny)
Unflexed arm: 9.125 in
Bicep flexed arm: 9.875 in
Unflexed Calves: 11.6 in
Unflexed Chest: 33.125 in (my previous stats might just be a little tight, dunno. This measurements aren't exact)
Waist: 29 in

Now: 104-105 lbs.

I'm improving, slowly but surely. I must admit that I'm not eating like a horse, but I'm trying to get use to this lifestyle. :p

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just weighed myself on the scale and I was 105-106 lbs. Of course that was on a full stomach, from drinking a protein shake after eating food. So I don't how accurate that is, but it feels incredible to know that I'm passing 105 lbs.!

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've no clue how anyone can even get measurements down to the 4th decimal. Anyways, I caught no squatting or deadlifting in your routine lately. Heavy squatting and deadlifting should be the cornerstone of your routine. I prefer having two workout days, one centered around squatting, and the other around deadlifting, and doing them like this, and doing my chest/triceps/shoulder stuff (usually just incline bench and military press) on deadlift day, and upper back/biceps (usually just a rack chin or pulldown type deal and barbell curls) on squat day.:

M Deadlift Day
W Squat Day
F Deadlift Day
M Squat Day
W Deadlift Day
F Squat Day

Oh, and time in the gym doesn't matter unless you're just being ridiculous and doing 10 sets of everything. 60 minutes is about par for the course, though I'm in for between 90-120 when I'm doing DC style training.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
I've no clue how anyone can even get measurements down to the 4th decimal. Anyways, I caught no squatting or deadlifting in your routine lately. Heavy squatting and deadlifting should be the cornerstone of your routine. I prefer having two workout days, one centered around squatting, and the other around deadlifting, and doing them like this, and doing my chest/triceps/shoulder stuff (usually just incline bench and military press) on deadlift day, and upper back/biceps (usually just a rack chin or pulldown type deal and barbell curls) on squat day.:

M Deadlift Day
W Squat Day
F Deadlift Day
M Squat Day
W Deadlift Day
F Squat Day

Oh, and time in the gym doesn't matter unless you're just being ridiculous and doing 10 sets of everything. 60 minutes is about par for the course, though I'm in for between 90-120 when I'm doing DC style training.
I'm a big program hoper, but I'm just going to stick to the Skinny guy routine. and no, I didn't buy that POS program.

I also just have a home gym. Just dumbells (15 lb, 25 lb, 25 lb, and a 30 lb... which I hope to get a bar and some weights for Christmas)and my Weider 2250.

As for Squats and Deadlifts, I started doing them this week. I haven't done deadlifts yet, but I've done dumbell squats. I haven't done Ass to the Grass squats because I'm not sure if that knee problem rumor is true (My family has a history of bad knees). Would you recommend ASG squats or just parallel squats?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ATG, as long as your form is tight. Doing parallel puts too much pressure on the knees as "brakes".

Wal-Mart carries barbell sets as do many sporting good stores. A 7-foot barbell (45 lbs) is about 45-50 dollars, and plates are 40-45 cents per pound. Even without a squat rack, you can still use this setup to do deadlifts, BB curls, standing military presses, and power cleans. Some stores (maybe sporting goods stores) also carry a belt that lets you chain weights from your waist, which would be good for doing weighted chinups and dips.

Make sure to stick to the same program and keep increasing the weight, and you'll do just great, especially having deadlifts and/or squats in there. Too much program hopping is a recipe for stagnation.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incline DB Bench Press 50 lbs, 2 x 12 reps, 8 reps
Machine Bench Press 45 lbs, 1 x 8 reps
Tricep Extensions 15 lbs, 2 x 20 reps, 20 reps
DB Shoulder Press 50 lbs, 1 x 1 rep
Macine AB 25 lbs, 2 x 12 reps, 12 reps

:)

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incline DB Bench Press 50 lbs, 2 x 14 reps, 9 reps
Tricep Extensions 15 lbs, 1 x 20 reps
Bench Dips BW, 1 x 4 reps
Machine AB 25 lbs. 2 x 25 reps
Shoulder DB Press 50 lbs, 1 x 1 reps

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neck: 12.625 in (Do people actually workout their necks? If so, what's a good routine? My neck is pretty puny)
Unflexed arm: 9.75 in
Bicep flexed arm: 10.25 in
Unflexed Calves: 12.125 in
Unflexed Chest: 34.125 in
Waist: 29.25 in
Weight: 114 (with clothes on at Supermarket; 107 lbs at home without clothes)

Overall gain:

Neck: .525 in
Unflexed arm: .85 in
Bicep flexed arm: .65 in
Unflexed calf: .925 in
Unflexed Chest: 2.325 in
Waist: .325 in
Weight: 12 lbs.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now: 112
Neck: 13
Unflexed arm: 10
Flexed arm: 10.75
Unflexed calf: 12.25
Unflexed Chest: 34.5
Waist: 31.75

Overall gain:
Neck: .9 gain
Unflexed arm: 1.1 gain
Flexed arm: 1.15 gain
Unflexed calf: 1.05 gain
Unflexed chest: 2.7 gain
Waist: I think this was a mistake.

I'm up 10 lbs!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah, great going man! Keep it up! But what's with the waist measurement? Don't write it off as a mistake - if your waist is growing then your abs/posterior core would be growing too, but make sure you're not getting fat.

Ratisson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling no offens but i look at this workout log and i laugh at u. Ur never going to get big doing this workout routine and that goes for all of u who follow a similar routine. The problem with this workout is that u arent pushing it hard enough. Ur muscles are never going to get bigger/defined by doing 3 sets of them 1-2 times per week. Its embarassing to see this post, but at least it gives me an idea of how confused all u guys are when u are looking to get big.
When i first started working out (in grade 9) i was one of the fortunate ones. The first thing my dad did for me was set me up with a personal trainer, which is what i recommend u do. He'll teach u how to workout properly and how to get big. Because when i look at this plan that u have i know u aren't getting bigger any time soon. For Workout #1 u can still do the exercises ur doing but u'll have to add more to it. If ur focused on getting ur upper body big then u will need to focus on shoulders, back, chest and core. So for chest u can do ur bench press but u will have to add two more exercises. Try dumbell fly's (when u do them make sure yoour wrists point in. do this 3 sets of ten. Then find another chest exercise, such as push ups. If u have a core ball i suggest u do them on this, with uir legs on the core ball and ur hands on the ground, if u dont have a core ball then do clap push ups.
The key to getting bigger for u is doing more exercises, u havent chosen enough. For you workout #1 u need to find 3 exercises for each muscle group that ur focusing on. So u will do ur bench press, then back , then shoulders, then keep ndoing this cycle of chest, back and shoulderrs untill u've done 3 of each then do core. If u do this workout 3 times a week (every other day) u WILL see improvements trust me. Then after all that is done, go put milk in the Blenda and make a protein shake!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ratisson said:
Bling no offens but i look at this workout log and i laugh at u. Ur never going to get big doing this workout routine and that goes for all of u who follow a similar routine. The problem with this workout is that u arent pushing it hard enough. Ur muscles are never going to get bigger/defined by doing 3 sets of them 1-2 times per week. Its embarassing to see this post, but at least it gives me an idea of how confused all u guys are when u are looking to get big.
When i first started working out (in grade 9) i was one of the fortunate ones. The first thing my dad did for me was set me up with a personal trainer, which is what i recommend u do. He'll teach u how to workout properly and how to get big. Because when i look at this plan that u have i know u aren't getting bigger any time soon. For Workout #1 u can still do the exercises ur doing but u'll have to add more to it. If ur focused on getting ur upper body big then u will need to focus on shoulders, back, chest and core. So for chest u can do ur bench press but u will have to add two more exercises. Try dumbell fly's (when u do them make sure yoour wrists point in. do this 3 sets of ten. Then find another chest exercise, such as push ups. If u have a core ball i suggest u do them on this, with uir legs on the core ball and ur hands on the ground, if u dont have a core ball then do clap push ups.
The key to getting bigger for u is doing more exercises, u havent chosen enough. For you workout #1 u need to find 3 exercises for each muscle group that ur focusing on. So u will do ur bench press, then back , then shoulders, then keep ndoing this cycle of chest, back and shoulderrs untill u've done 3 of each then do core. If u do this workout 3 times a week (every other day) u WILL see improvements trust me. Then after all that is done, go put milk in the Blenda and make a protein shake!
He's up 10lbs, trust me, he's doing just fine. :)

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
I've no clue how anyone can even get measurements down to the 4th decimal.

I'm guessing hes getting 1/8 of an inch, and converting the fraction into decimal form.

Keep it up man. I've skimmed through here a bit and it looks like you're making some progress.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good and bad news. I don't know.

I'm into track now. So my routine is all about speed.

Did.

1 400m
3 sets of 7 hip flexor moves
stretch
3 sets of 9 pushups
7 position situps for 7 situps
20 of these things where you jump off a high stand, and then explode over a smaller stand.
5 where you jump on a small stand, then a bigger stand, then a bigger stand, then the biggest stand.

Here's the bad stuff. The only thing I can guarantee the weight is Snatch Pull and Leg Press. Otherwise, I did whatever the idiot in front of me did. ****in' A.

85 x 3 Snatch Pull
90 x 3 SLDL
180 x 5 Leg Press
30 x 8 Leg Curl
80 x 8 Leg Extensions

I was suppose to do 3 x 8 of each, but it was a rotate of 3 guys so I got zero time in there. I got to spend more time, and fight for time to work out.

Good news is I'm sure I'm shocking my body, and will gain that speed and hopefully a little bit of bulk. I've also had an increase in appetite.