Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bling's Workout Journal

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hoping to gain a lot of mass. If you read the this thread, you'll know I'm a skinny mother****er.

I can't go to a gym, but I have a Weider Pro 2250 system. That looks like this.

I also have 2 5 lb. DB, 1 15 lb. DB, 2 25 lb. DB, and 1 30 lb. DB.

My Workout schedule will be similiar to this one:
http://www.leehayward.com/art5.htm

Workout 1:
Bench press 3 sets of 10 reps
Pull downs 3 sets of 10 reps
Shoulder press 3 sets of 10 reps
Weighted Crunches 5 sets of 10 reps

Workout 2:
Squats with Dumbbells 3 sets of 10 reps
Leg Curls 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbell Curls 3 sets of 10 reps
Tri Pushdowns 3 sets of 10 reps
Standing Calf Raises 3 sets of 15 reps

Workout days:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 1: Workout 1 is on Monday and Friday; Workout 2 is on Wednesday
Week 2: Workout 2 is on Monday and Friday; Workout 1 is on Wednesday

and so on...

Current Weight: 102 lbs.

Diet
Morning: Oatmeal, Water and Milk
Lunch: School Sandwich and Water
Mid-Day Snack: Milk and Power Bar
Dinner: ???
Post Workout: Whey with Milk
Before Bed: Power Bar, Whey with Milk

Supplemets:
Whey Protein

ANY CRITIQUES?

Hopefully when I'm done bulking, I can be an inspiration to other bulkers.

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my critique is go to a gym, you wont get what you want with that equiptment, its well worth your money.

you say you CANT go to a gym, why is that.

and when you go to the gym you will also notice you will have more and better equiptment, such as not only one machine. you wil lthen be able to add more dimension to your workout. if thats all you got, increase your sets, 3 sets is not enough for your chest or your back.

although, how old are you?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vanwilder
you say you CANT go to a gym, why is that.[
I'm 15, and I can't drive. I can definitely do it next year when I get a license. :D

Originally posted by vanwilder
and when you go to the gym you will also notice you will have more and better equiptment, such as not only one machine. you wil lthen be able to add more dimension to your workout. if thats all you got, increase your sets, 3 sets is not enough for your chest or your back.
Thanks for the input. I don't know if I should follow DIESEL's guide for workout, or that site. I'm leaning towards DIESEL's, but I put the other up there so it can be debated. :D

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i havent read it so i dont know, do what works for you. cant your parents drive you or take a bus to the gym, its summer common, its not like you have anything better to do :rolleyes: ;)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, the lad is 15, how do you know he needs a hardgainer routine? He might have Colemanesque genes for all we know.

Just go for a basic 3day split Bling to put your baselines down, learn your exercises and see what works for you and what doesn't - you should gain pretty well on a basic program as a newbie lifter, if your genes are crappy it'll show and you can adjust your routine accordingly.

For now, learn about nutrition and proper form, the importance of compound exercises, rest, recovery, etc. You're still growing too, let your body take its natural path before stressing it too badly with weights - my firm belief (not wanting to discourage you) is that your body will do whatever the hell it wants til you're 17-18, that's when you can think about changing it, and even then you'll only have complete control in your 20s. I'm not saying that you stop working out, just don't worry if you have trouble growing/progressing consistently, it'll sort itself out in time.

Any critiques? Yes, you're eating like a bed-ridden gerbil, and you used the word 'bulk' in your post. More than once, I might add. :D

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Guys, the lad is 15, how do you know he needs a hardgainer routine? He might have Colemanesque genes for all we know.

he doesnt but hell he would benefit a lot more from a gym than the machine he has.

:cheer: plus working out at home isnt as fun ;)

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day One:

Dips or Bench Press 2 x 6-8

Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12

Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8

Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure

Barbell Row 2 x 8

EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10

Squats 2 x 10

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

-----------------------------------
Couple of questions:

1) I'm suppose to do the compound before isolated and biggest to smallest, right? So that means on Day 2, I should do it in this order

1) Squats
2) Deadlifts
3) Barbell Rows
4) Pullups
5) Dumbell Curl

right?

2) As I mentioned, I have 2 25 lb., and on my new workout routine, it requires squats. Now, I know 2 25 lb. won't last me long... and I know squats are the #1 exercise. How am I going to be able to replace squats after my body adapts?

3) The 2 muscles I love most are calves and traps. and I know the ladies love big arms and nice abs.... how long till I start seeing some nice gains in those 4 muscles? I know everyones different, but what's a good range?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Whoever told you that? Absolute rubbish. Do squats and deadlifts last and do them on different days. Make your split chest/shoulders/triceps/back and biceps/legs/abs.

2. You can't really replace squats mate, you'll always be limited by the weight you've got available.. so join a gym!

3. Not all ladies like arms and/or abs, hell some ladies don't like muscle at all. And I don't want to discourage you but don't expect great things in a hurry. You'll see a difference but you'll only start seriously growing the extra stuff (muscles) when your body has finished more or less developing .. you're 15 remember bro, your priorities right now are reaching young adulthood in good health and with a good education. Remember to increase your food intake, your body is strained enough with growing as it is ..

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
1. Whoever told you that? Absolute rubbish. Do squats and deadlifts last and do them on different days. Make your split chest/shoulders/triceps/back and biceps/legs/abs.

2. You can't really replace squats mate, you'll always be limited by the weight you've got available.. so join a gym!

3. Not all ladies like arms and/or abs, hell some ladies don't like muscle at all. And I don't want to discourage you but don't expect great things in a hurry. You'll see a difference but you'll only start seriously growing the extra stuff (muscles) when your body has finished more or less developing .. you're 15 remember bro, your priorities right now are reaching young adulthood in good health and with a good education. Remember to increase your food intake, your body is strained enough with growing as it is ..

Thanks, WA. You're great help. :D

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday Legs/shoulders

Leg extension (2 sets)
Leg curls (3 sets)

Standing calf raise (3 sets)
Seated dumbell press (3 sets)
Side laterals (2 sets)

DAMN... my quads hurt really bad for 2 days! My hams hurt too! Even my glutes hurt! As far as my shoulders went... nothing hurt :(

Wednesday Back/biceps

Wide grip pulldowns (3 sets)
Seated rows (2 sets)
Hyperextensions (3 sets)

Shrugs (3 sets)
Barbell curls (3 sets)
Hammer curls (2 sets)

I can see why bodybuilding takes some dedication, and why so many people fail. I don't know for sure if I'm getting enough protein, I forget my vitamins sometimes. I was just too lazy/tired to do some exercises. I'm not feeling the pain from my workout yesterday... especially on my upper back. No pain at all. At least on my bis, I feel my Hammer Curls did some work on my inner head, and my middle head hurts when I contract, but I feel zip on my upper back.

Anyway, I hope to continue, bodybuilding. Still have my 3rd set tomorrow. I guess I can do that while the hurricane blows by. :D

Here's the 3rd set...

Friday Chest/triceps/forearms

Bench press (3 sets)
Push-ups (3 sets)
Pushdowns (3 sets)
Overhead dumbell extension (2 sets)
Wrist curls (2 sets)
Reverse wrist curls (2 sets)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about no shoulder pain, I rarely get shoulder soreness and when I do it's very slight. Your shoulders won't be pushing the weight your legs do so obviously you'll feel it in the quads more - however pulldowns always give my lats some grief, you need to up the weight methinks, and check your form.

Don't do forearms tomorrow, they got worked enough on bicep day - hammer curls especially work the forearms, no need to do them seperately.

I would lose all your tricep exercises and do close grip bench instead - same as bench press but with your arms pressed against your sides, hands shoulder width apart. You could also do reverse grip bench too, same as close grip but with hands turned inward (palms facing you), the grip will need to be wider here, see how you can do this comfortably. Don't bother with pushdowns, overhead presses and the like, they'll put little meat on your tris.

Likewise, pushups just for a warm up.. do incline bench with the bar or db as a second chest exercise, or even db flyes if you're pushed, but there's very little progress you can make with pushups.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP this... I'm starting this again tomorrow. No more BS, going to go 18 weeks of bulking. I'll see where I am when I'm done with the 18 weeks. I know I won't be where I want to be, but I definitely won't be 103 lbs. :mad: I'd love to weigh another 22 lbs but the end of 18 weeks. I don't care if I gain any fat. As long as I look better, I'm cool with it. I don't even have to be built like a bodybuilder, as long as I look better. When I join a gym, I'll strive for that look.

STATS:
Neck: 12.1 in
Unflexed arm: 8.9 in
Bicep flexed arm: 9.6 in
Unflexed Calves: 11.2 in
Unflexed Chest: 31.8 in
Waist: 28.9 in

BEFORE PICS:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206964

Now: 103 lbs.
Goal: 125 lbs.
Beginning: October 10, 2005
Ending: Feburary 12, 2006

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAMN I feel good... I'm doing a full body workout, and I just had an incredible workout--at least better than my previous ones. Today I had a horrible day, and I guess it put me through a good day of bodybuilding!

Crunches 2x20
Leg Curls (or lunges) 2x12
Flat-Bench Press 2x12
Lat Pulldowns (or barbell rows) 2x12
Shoulder Press 2x12
Tricep Pushdowns (or overhead extensions) 2x12
Barbell Curls 2x12
Standing Calf Raises 2x15-20

I was able to do everything cept Leg Curls in 30 minutes. I know you'd say I was abusing my legs, but I did Leg Curls last time and not crunches.

Question
I read in Max-OT (no I'm not following their program) that anything over 30 minutes for bodybuilding was detrimental to your gains. Because I fear going over 30 minutes, I'm missing my leg workout today. Can I pass 30 minutes? What's the max time I should spend in the gym?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... I go through workouts like crazy. But I was doing fullbody, and my body just wasn't feeling it. I figured I'd just do Warboss because he's a reg here, and I know if I need a question, I can ask him.

Sample 3day Split

Back, Biceps
Standing Barbell Curl
Lat Pulldown
Bent row

Chest, Triceps
Bench Press
Skullcrushers
Weighted crunch

Legs, Shoulders
DB press
Hamstring Curl
Calf Raise

Sets/reps: 3 sets of 8-12 reps on each exercise (15-20 for calf raise), make it 3x8 for floor deadlifts depending on the weight you push (if it's heavy you can do 3x6 or 3x5), squats 3x6-8.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... I go through workouts like crazy. But I was doing fullbody, and my body just wasn't feeling it. I figured I'd just do Warboss because he's a reg here, and I know if I need a question, I can ask him.

Sample 3day Split

Back, Biceps
Standing Barbell Curl
Lat Pulldown
Bent row

Chest, Triceps
Pec Deck
Bench Press
Skullcrushers
Weighted crunch

Legs, Shoulders
DB press
Hamstring Curl
Calf Raise
Lunges

Sets/reps: 3 sets of 8-12 reps on each exercise (15-20 for calf raise), make it 3x8 for floor deadlifts depending on the weight you push (if it's heavy you can do 3x6 or 3x5), squats 3x6-8.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all ladies like arms and/or abs
they just say that to cheer up their powerlifter bfs whose unattractive guts touch the floor during ATG squats! it's all lies! lies!!!

p.s. just messin with you bro. you know i have to defend my abdoholic way of life

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
they just say that to cheer up their powerlifter bfs whose unattractive guts touch the floor during ATG squats! it's all lies! lies!!!

p.s. just messin with you bro. you know i have to defend my abdoholic way of life
Indeed. And since you don't take in 2g protein per lb, you won't be needing that steak over there in your fridge either, right? :D :p ;)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, it's kinda sad, but I rarely ever buy steak since I can't get it on wholesale and it costs too much otherwise. At Priceclub/Costco, I can get a big bag of boneless/skinless chicken breasts for like $30 CDN, has about 40 breasts in it. I also buy salmon/tuna on wholesale too, one trip usually lasts me about a month. Every once in a while I'll treat myself to some steak tho.