Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blackheads?

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for proven homemade remedies for blackheads? What are you using? Forehead and front of temples are my problem areas.

I've tried several over the counter products, only thing that went away was money.

I use a luffa on my face. Bad idea?

I have sugar and raw honey, may give that a try this week.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
my gf uses lime juice on her face, it helps with pimples. I"ve read that cider vinegar-soaked cotton tabs, taped on a wart overnight kill the wart, so I'd say it's worth a shot, short term for pimples and blackheads. Keep your skin cleaner, washing more often. I used to work a job that bathed me in cutting oil all day, had lots of pimples as a result. After I quit that job, no more pimples on my back. They DO have a cause. remove the cause and you wont have them.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise and massage will help. Sweat out the toxins and then hit the hot shower. Dead skin can cause blocked pores so buy some exfoliating cleanser or just take extra sugar sachets at the café and use that. Get a gentle paraben free cleanser and don't go too crazy with washing or you will stimulates your skin to produce too much oil. Sunlight helps to try and get it in the morning and late afternoon so you don't fry your skin.

DeloresWidner

Reaction score
Thanks ubercat for sharing the remedy. I have lot of blackheads near my nose and on cheeks. I run ice cubes twice a day since I have pimples but hope it doesn't affect growing of blackheads.

Emmily

Banned
Reaction score
Homemade scrubs are best for blackheads such as sugar and lemon mixture, sugar, honey, and oats mixtures etc.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of water each day as mentioned above. Also vigorous work out or sauna to sweat out toxins quite helpful, several times a week, followed immediately with a shower

As cleansers go I use a non greasy apricot scrub each day for exfoliating, followed by a neem soap to remove scrub residue and discourage blackheads & pimples.

I occasionally use lemon juice (a slice of lemon) or apple cider vinegar (undiluted) as a toner in the evening. Do not do it too frequently. These are both acid peels and your skin may be red and sting. I don't rinse but some people do after about 5 minutes.

Diet is very important. Cut out sugar, junk & dairy. A comprehensive multi vitamin that has 200mcg selenium can be helpful.

Jasmine Langer

Reaction score
Blackheads are caused by excess oil on the skin that can cause clogged pores. Opening pores with steam and extracting the acne is a common treatment method, while dermatologists also recommend acne solutions to help clean skin. Excessive cleaning can lead to dryness and irritation.