Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best way to reduce belly fat?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm not taking steroids Marmel lol. I could see if I was getting "paid" to look a certain way such as being a bodybuilder, but just to be taking them to show off bigger biceps on the beach isn't worth it to me.

I guess understanding more about the "science" behind it can be important, but what I'm talking about is that the Fitness Community spends way too much time trying to throw all of these scientific studies on a newbie's lap and all you are doing is confusing the literal fvck out of them.

What that does is cause them to see this as something that's too hard, too complicated, and they usually do not stay committed to the program lined out in terms of eating right and exercising.

Plus, most of the time, the scientific studies do nothing but create massive debate with 33% believing the study, 33% saying it's total bullshyt, then the other 34% being somewhere in the middle. These massive debates FURTHER confuse the newbie because they have no idea which plan, program, etc. to follow.

And Marmel in my opinion, you add to this confusion and you do more harm than good, I'm sorry. Just like the simple plan I laid out about eating right and staying on a HITT cardio with a weight lifting program...which is very simple and easy for the person to commit to, HERE YOU COME with your 50 page scientific theory on why it won't work. This causes Yewki to debate back with you on why it DOES work, then we just get a massive debate and mess going.

All the while, the newbie is standing there wondering, "WTF do I do? Who is wrong? Who is right? Urghhhh this is too hard, I'm going to eat a Big Mac!"
Steroids have nothing to do with it. And for the record, I never said your methods won't work, I simply said it's inefficient and muscle wasting, and I stand by those statements.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, the studies with amino acids show a benefit for sedentary people, ie couch sitters, not people who are exercising regularly. In fact it shows that those people see no further benefit from this other than what they get from exercise.
Woah, I think you're on to something. It's like spiking your growth hormone level isn't particularly meaningful. Maybe amino acids are not the magical solution to fat loss afterall.

Any evidence that the growth hormone increase from starving yourself is different?

Second... as soon as you ate something that causes insulin to rise, the benefits are over within a short period of time.
And starving yourself is different how?

Third, fasting is not "starving yourself".
Semantics, don't care

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah, I think you're on to something. It's like spiking your growth hormone level isn't particularly meaningful. Maybe amino acids are not the magical solution to fat loss afterall.

Any evidence that the growth hormone increase from starving yourself is different?

And starving yourself is different how?
What you call "starving" yourself, is how the human body was made to be. Do you think cavemen had access to Wal-Mart, grocery stores and fast food joints open 24/7? Unfortunately, the body still runs the way it did 10,000 years ago for the most part, regardless of how much food is available and how often you can eat. The body is made to go semi-long periods of time without food and be OK with it. Will the body eventually evolve to accept that food is readily available at all times? Probably at some point, but we have no idea how long that will take or when it will happen.

Well, when you are in a fasted state, you don't have any insulin being released, so that's the first obvious difference. Second, the growth hormone being released while fasting is actually doing something important in the body---releasing fat stores for energy.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you call "starving" yourself, is how the human body was made to be. Do you think cavemen had access to Wal-Mart, grocery stores and fast food joints open 24/7? Unfortunately, the body still runs the way it did 10,000 years ago for the most part, regardless of how much food is available and how often you can eat. The body is made to go semi-long periods of time without food and be OK with it. Will the body eventually evolve to accept that food is readily available at all times? Probably at some point, but we have no idea how long that will take or when it will happen.

Well, when you are in a fasted state, you don't have any insulin being released, so that's the first obvious difference. Second, the growth hormone being released while fasting is actually doing something important in the body---releasing fat stores for energy.
Exactly, they would go a day or more between "kills". So they weren't eating 3 times a day, 6 times a day, there were days they wouldn't eat, and their "hunter" instincts would raise even more on those days.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas.....What are you thoughts on this HIIT running plan that i've thought out - 5 Minute warm up jog around football field to start - followed by 5 x 1 minute all out sprint's with a 3 minute recovery between each sprint. 5 minute jog to cool down. That total's 30 minutes. Would you tweak this in anyway?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas.....What are you thoughts on this HIIT running plan that i've thought out - 5 Minute warm up jog around football field to start - followed by 5 x 1 minute all out sprint's with a 3 minute recovery between each sprint. 5 minute jog to cool down. That total's 30 minutes. Would you tweak this in anyway?
I'm doing alternate day fasting, after the 2nd fast day my hunger isn't as bad. Also my urges to snack and cheat on meals is GONE. I'm eating to feed my body. I also stopped drinking at the same time and added back workouts. It's been two weeks and you can tell a difference already. I've had 4 fast days, and going to do 2 more by end of this week.

On my fast days I drop nearly 1lb pure fat and that much fluids.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing alternate day fasting, after the 2nd fast day my hunger isn't as bad. Also my urges to snack and cheat on meals is GONE. I'm eating to feed my body. I also stopped drinking at the same time and added back workouts. It's been two weeks and you can tell a difference already. I've had 4 fast days, and going to do 2 more by end of this week.

On my fast days I drop nearly 1lb pure fat and that much fluids.
Still on it. The "no eat" days are really empowering. I think I will incorporate "no eat" days for the rest of my life. I believe it will help your system be better balanced than eating all the time. And will help those who have weight creep up on them throughout the year. Plus it helps you to get control of your hhunger. For many of us, hunger is a response to stress or being thirsty, after a couple of no eat days your hunger is true hunger. Everything is going according to plan, this week I did 3 no eat days. I'm going to do 2-3 no eat days per week until I hit my goals, it will be incorporated with a low to medium carb clean eating hi protein diet, and workouts and some cardio. I want a set of abs and a body tight enough to make a womans panties get moist.

Anderson Rome

Reaction score
Nice tips and thanks for sharing. For reducing belly fat it is important to do regular exercise like running and walking. In diet avoid oily stuff and eat simple natural food.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice tips and thanks for sharing. For reducing belly fat it is important to do regular exercise like running and walking. In diet avoid oily stuff and eat simple natural food.
GTFO of here with this bullsh!t

muzztecafc

Reaction score
Number one thing I found to reduce belly fat was dropping my carb intake, it has helped my belly drop right down. It's kind of odd I carry more fat else where than my belly now

muzztecafc

Reaction score
Yeah well that is obvious, but dropping my carbs reduced hunger, reduced hunger is less food, fat is more dense per calorie, so less bloat in my gut, if I carb up I get a big bloated looking belly compared to eating keto, my belly has less bloat, thus looking smaller

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hunger is the price paid for anybody who pursues an exceptionally lean muscular physique.

I personally think hunger and discomfort are inevitable, and unavoidable, in the pursuit of a high-grade desirable physique. And I also think it SHOULD be that way because the most accomplished feats in life involve the most sacrifice.

Best advice I've ever personally read about getting lean: lift weights do cardio and forgo your love of food for awhile.
Hunger isn't even that bad, it shuts off or is much less noticeable after a few days.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah well that is obvious, but dropping my carbs reduced hunger, reduced hunger is less food, fat is more dense per calorie, so less bloat in my gut, if I carb up I get a big bloated looking belly compared to eating keto, my belly has less bloat, thus looking smaller
True. For me too. I don't eat 100% keto, but low to moderate carbs. Like 100-150 carbs or less most days and it's enough to fuel me thru a workout. I was doing good first 3 weeks without a drink.

Then last week I had a bottle of hennesy, a pint of paul masson and 3 brews. I kept lookin in the mirror and it's like I lost a week or so in progress on my body, and forgot alcohol has a really detrimental effect on me. I need to stay away from it if I'm serious about this.

Like I you said, in 3-4 days I will noticed decrease belly bloat and any increase in smoothness will go away as I sweat out this crap.

muzztecafc

Reaction score
I find keto works best for me I used to be about 60% bf I am currently 14% and easily maintaining at that, if I watch my food intake I can cut down to 10%

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like this topic has been debated a million times on SS.

Only way to lose the gut:

Eat less
Exercise more

Only way to gain the gut:

Eat more
Exercise less

It's that simple.
That's pretty much the framework, but most guys just aren't discipline enough to stick to this for the LONG HAUL. All of their friends and family members are drinking everybody, eating processed crap everyday, even smoking, so for most guys sticking to this is going to be a major sacrifice.

- I don't count calories, I incorporate fasting into my eating plan with 6 - 8 hours in between meals, and each meal is of small/very moderate sizes which keeps me still HUNGRY after I eat. That's when I just drink a lot of water to help with the remaining hunger. The meal components are healthy food sources only.

- I will do about 2 cheat days a week, these aren't pig out days, but these are days when I will enjoy some processed stuff and a drink or two.

- I stay committed to doing all of my monthly workout sessions.

Make a plan, stick to it for life. That's it guys. But most people make this way more complicated than it has to be and the Fitness Community is cashing in on it. They are especially cashing in on the lazy people who think popping a pill or wearing an ab belt is going to give them some "Tenacity Abs" :rolleyes:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's pretty much the framework, but most guys just aren't discipline enough to stick to this for the LONG HAUL. All of their friends and family members are drinking everybody, eating processed crap everyday, even smoking, so for most guys sticking to this is going to be a major sacrifice.

- I don't count calories, I incorporate fasting into my eating plan with 6 - 8 hours in between meals, and each meal is of small/very moderate sizes which keeps me still HUNGRY after I eat. That's when I just drink a lot of water to help with the remaining hunger. The meal components are healthy food sources only.

- I will do about 2 cheat days a week, these aren't pig out days, but these are days when I will enjoy some processed stuff and a drink or two.

- I stay committed to doing all of my monthly workout sessions.

Make a plan, stick to it for life. That's it guys. But most people make this way more complicated than it has to be and the Fitness Community is cashing in on it. They are especially cashing in on the lazy people who think popping a pill or wearing an ab belt is going to give them some "Tenacity Abs" :rolleyes:
Sounds good. Are the abs still having some of the old baby fat leave the edges and becoming even more defined? I'm on the same journey.