Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Army questions:

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently applied to be a Police Officer but I was automatically denied for smoking weed in the past 3 years. Despite my full year of being weed free and with a clean record.

I'm not waiting another 2 years to apply so my backup plan was to join the Army as a Mechanic for 91B, wheeled vehicle maintenance.

I'm wondering how the testing works. It says I need a 92 in Mechanical maintenance or an 85 in General Technician.

So is there a specific test for that area or would I need to take the whole test that includes areas that have nothing to do with vehicles, like vocabulary? And is a 92 = 92%?

I'm currently studying for the AVABS right now before I talk to a recruiter because I'm confident about everything else. Testing is my weak point. But it would be good to know if I just needed to study a certain area, like the one I need, or all of the sections?

Arcturus

Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd need to take the whole test and only score in those sub sections, plus a very very low minimum for the test overall. In short study a certain area.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My son enlisted for reserves and within 3 weeks or so he went to bootcamp. He got there last week.

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Army, or any other branch of the military, will also ask you about substance use when you complete your history. Even if it was 3 years ago, they may not be all that thrilled to take you...

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My son just joined the national guard. One weekend a month and 4 weeks in the summer. They will pay for his University now. He plans on going to school and getting his degree and doing the part time ng thing. He is also learning heat and air for his nat guard job.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How did they know you smoked weed in the past 3 years? Did they do a background check or did you answer a question on a form?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How did they know you smoked weed in the past 3 years? Did they do a background check or did you answer a question on a form?
Answer a question on a form.

They do polygraph tests later in the process and those same questions will be asked. Most military branches don't do this unless it's a really high clearance.

My records 100% clean so a background check is the least of my worries.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once heard a Marine Corp recruiter say to a kid he was taking to St Louis for MEPS entrance processing:

"I see it says in your paperwork that you have admitted to smoking pot. They are going to ask you about that. And you are going to say you only tried it once, and you didn't like it. Do you hear me, boy? If you tell them it was a fvcking groovy awesome experience, then we are going to be up there all goddamn day."