Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a good blog article about the Apple Music service. When you subscribe, it will delete all of your music files that you didn't buy from Apple.

As governments fall apart from economic collapse, George Orwell's vision will remain true, except that over-reaching power will be in corporate hands, instead of government.

https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/

For about ten years, I’ve been warning people, “hang onto your media. One day, you won’t buy a movie. You’ll buy the right to watch a movie, and that movie will be served to you. If the companies serving the movie don’t want you to see it, or they want to change something, they will have the power to do so. They can alter history, and they can make you keep paying for things that you formerly could have bought. Information will be a utility rather than a possession. Even information that you yourself have created will require unending, recurring payments just to access.”

When giving the above warning, however, even in my most Orwellian paranoia I never could have dreamed that the content holders, like Apple, would also reach into your computer and take away what you already owned. If Taxi Driver is on Netflix, Netflix doesn’t come to your house and steal your Taxi Driver DVD. But that’s where we’re headed. When it comes to music, Apple is already there.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disney already has made efforts to alter their history, most notably with their edits to the movie Fantasia. Religions erase embarrassing doctrines and bible-based predictions from their archives and pretend that their followers have faulty memories or interpretations.

There are a number of things I don't subscribe to because it leaves me without control. Apple is one of them. Cable TV package subscriptions are another. If I pay money for something, I want the ability to modify it.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Disney already has made efforts to alter their history, most notably with their edits to the movie Fantasia. Religions erase embarrassing doctrines and bible-based predictions from their archives and pretend that their followers have faulty memories or interpretations.

There are a number of things I don't subscribe to because it leaves me without control. Apple is one of them. Cable TV package subscriptions are another. If I pay money for something, I want the ability to modify it.
Hell, the first Star Wars movie (episode 4) was edited years ago.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the flip side, if your iPhone is Jailbroken then you can download an app that doesn't delete your music and also gives you a free subscription.

You can watch shows online for free and even torrent whole seasons at once rather than paying for a subscription.

There is always a counter to something that has power and that is one of them.