Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone have experience with Beta-Alanine?

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been looking into supplements that control fatigue, allow me to complete more reps, etc and happened across beta-alanine.

Would this give different results than creatine, and would it be worth it? I lift 4-5x per week and consume nearly 100g of protein per day, but I definitely have an ectomorphic body type as it's tough for me to put on good weight even though I eat plenty of healthy food and good fats.

I thought this may help and am willing to give it a try, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this or similar products.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you want creatine...from what I've read beta alanine has had mixed reviews...some studies showed benefits others didn't...possible it's selectively effective based on individuals...

Just starting out, 100g of protein is not enough...I'd up it to at least 150 if not 200. You will be damaging and repairing more muscle than experienced lifters.

Focus on compound lifts. Stop wasting time with isolation movements.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks yeah I tried creatine before in my mid-20s (I'm 30 now) and it didn't really do much for me so I wondered if this or any other supplement would work. I've been lifting for over a year now so I have seen decent gains.

I suppose I could try again along with increasing the amount of protein I'm consuming daily. I'm not sure how crazy I want to go with supplements, as long as they're safe and not crazy expensive I'm pretty much open.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into SARMS they are a good bridge between natural and steroids. Far more effective than any supplements, no sides...at least none that I've experienced.

S4, Ostarine and MK-677 is a kick ass combo

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, the whole side of supplements seems pretty intense and potentially harmful if you don't know what you're doing, and admittedly I'm pretty green to it.

I'll probably give creatine another try and see how it goes, while also increasing protein by ~50g per day. An extra chicken breast every night could make a bit of difference.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, the whole side of supplements seems pretty intense and potentially harmful if you don't know what you're doing, and admittedly I'm pretty green to it.

I'll probably give creatine another try and see how it goes, while also increasing protein by ~50g per day. An extra chicken breast every night could make a bit of difference.
Most supplements simply are not needed. They've made an industry out of things that are 90% junk.