Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Antidepressants

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an appointment today, to get antidepressant meds. I just wanted to see if anyone here has any recommendations. I've only had herbs... in including cannibis and valerian... I'm not sure I even want to take the hardstuff. I'm on medi-cal so the meds are fully covered. What are the downsides?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update:

The dr. gave me Zoloft... I'm not sure about it, anyone have experience with this?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Some SSRI's can make a person feel edgy and uncomfortable. Wait a week for this one to start taking effect and see how you feel. Not everything works for everyone. Body chemistry differs widely. If current one doesn't feel good for you, try Lexapro. Widely prescribed.

Last edited:

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depression is a state of mind... I believe that any psychological and emotional state can be controlled with willpower once one understands it. You have depression, certainly there are causal factors to this. Identify them, and seek a release from them. Medications may help in stabilizing mood, but they do not actually treat the depression... There is a difference.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Depression is a state of mind... I believe that any psychological and emotional state can be controlled with willpower once one understands it. You have depression, certainly there are causal factors to this. Identify them, and seek a release from them. Medications may help in stabilizing mood, but they do not actually treat the depression... There is a difference.
Very true. The Meds should be used only short term to get to a more logical, less emotional state so the problems causing the situation can be more clearly identified by the patient.
If that can not be done well internally, then professional therapy would be the next option.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I agree! (There is also spiritual depression, but that borders on religion, right? /sarcasm)

I'm just looking for something to help when the sh1t hits the fan! I'm thinking Zoloft is not for me, because I have to stay on it, for it to work.

I may just go get a bottle of vodka, and call it "done". I just need a little vacation from all the bullsh1t.

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you want something to help on an as needed basis, then SSRI's are not for you. Can't hardly get a script for Valium anymore, but there are other calming options available.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just looking for something to help when the sh1t hits the fan! I'm thinking Zoloft is not for me, because I have to stay on it, for it to work.
Might try church.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might try church.
Thx, I was excommunicated based on rumors and lies. Maybe someday I'll find one. Till then, I am not proactively looking.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want something to help on an as needed basis, then SSRI's are not for you. Can't hardly get a script for Valium anymore, but there are other calming options available.
Yes, I was thinking of getting a Medical Marijuana card, and buying some edibles.