Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anthony Ellis's Gaining Mass programme.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Now i know that there's already a topic created regarding AE's gaining mass programme. But since so many people wanted the last thread to be close, i figured starting this one would be more appropriate.

I'm an average skinny guy with a high metabolism rate, just like AE himself. I've also tried other fitness programme's but all has been disappointment so far. It's either the food that is mentioned in these programmes are not sold in my country, or it is ban (raw milk). For those that has tried his programme, i'd love to hear from you first, before i decide whether to purchase it.

1) Does his programme have foods that are, for example, only sold in the US? Could you also kindly list the food product that you feel will be hard to find? This will allow me to see if my country does sell it.

2) Also, i know that AE's programe is only for people 18 yrs and above. I'm 17 now, but i wont be 18 until the second half of next year, and i want to start buliding mass now. Will there be a significant difference, if any, if i do indeed start the programme now?

3)Also, due to school hours, is it alright if i eat one meal 4 hours apart instead of 3? On some days, i'm released later than ususal and i cant eat every 3 hours. What happens if i eat some meals later than 3 hours?

Note: Please do not turn this thread into a fat/muscle/water differentiation one like the previous thread. Lets just stay on topic and give me your comments about this programme. Thanks.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing against AE but there's no need to pay good money for information which is freely available.

No routine is based on one magic food product, all you need for ANY mass-gain plan are basic foodstuffs available anywhere: beef, eggs, chicken, peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, oats, potatoes, rice, vegetables, fruit plus protein powder for pre-and-post-workout. I can't think anywhere in the world you can't get those foods.

As for not eating every 3 hours you'll have to do it somehow, but if it's inconvenient do something like:

meal 1 : solid food
2 hrs into class : small protein drink with added fats or whatever (take a toilet break and swig it down in 30 seconds)
meal 2 : solid food, 4 hrs after meal 1

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what is it with people and programs. theres no need for them they are a waste of money and all they do is give you the self comfort of THINKING you are getting the easy way out

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's a good in depth discussion on this already, use the search function.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
what is it with people and programs. theres no need for them they are a waste of money and all they do is give you the self comfort of THINKING you are getting the easy way out
I disagree with what you're saying dj ben. Fitness programme dont "give me the self comfort of THINKING i am getting the easy way out". I believe most programmes still require hard work and the movivation to actually follow the regime. While i do not know if AE's a waste of money (thats why i'm asking about it here), i do know that i'm prepared to work hard if i want some mass, instead of getting an easy way out.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
there's a good in depth discussion on this already, use the search function.
I've actually been following the argument in the other AE topic, but they dont really answer the my questions, eg eating 4 instead of 3 hrs, the foods that AE uses in his diet. That's the reason why i decided to create this thread.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
read WBA's stuff doesnt cost a thing and im sure if u pm him hed be happy to answer your Q.s

Last edited:

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
read WBA's stuff doesnt cost a thing and im sure if u pm him hed be happy to ask your Q.s

:p Answer?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
LOL i'm gonna have to read over my posts from now on

Messarger- I'll tell you what i tell everyone else, take the money that you were going to spend on his program and use it to buy as much protein as you can (trueprotein.com or 1fast400.com ON whey depending on what side of the country your on assuming your in the US), Read the idiots guide by WBA and run with the routine in there or you can pm me for more help.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I paid for the program. I wouldn't suggest it even though it does work judging by the before and after pictures on the forum over there. Just read Warboss' stuff here. Its just as good, doesn't cost 100 dollars. The forum here is more useful than the forum over there too as far as getting questions answered.

Anthony pushes Udo's choice and Ultrafuel and suggests three myoplex shakes a day. Depending on what country you live in, that could get expensive. Its expensive in the US.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
LOL i'm gonna have to read over my posts from now on

Messarger- I'll tell you what i tell everyone else, take the money that you were going to spend on his program and use it to buy as much protein as you can (trueprotein.com or 1fast400.com ON whey depending on what side of the country your on assuming your in the US), Read the idiots guide by WBA and run with the routine in there or you can pm me for more help.
What's with this emphasise on protein powder? It's not the first time I've heard it and it's baffling me!

I would take a good program over a tub of protein powder anyday and ANY beginner should. Beginners need a solid program that's proven to work.

There's so much conflicting information and articles out there if a beginning isn't following ONE program that WORKS then results are gunna suffer and they will end up flunking.. missing meals..... trying new exercises.... trying different things......eating different things.....listening to some doosh at the gym and changing what they're doing... everyone needs a solid program and they need to STICK to it and that's MUCH more valuable then a tub of the latest greatest protein powder that you don't even need.

The Muscly Jerk

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
musclyjerk said:
What's with this emphasise on protein powder? It's not the first time I've heard it and it's baffling me!

I would take a good program over a tub of protein powder anyday and ANY beginner should. Beginners need a solid program that's proven to work.

There's so much conflicting information and articles out there if a beginning isn't following ONE program that WORKS then results are gunna suffer and they will end up flunking.. missing meals..... trying new exercises.... trying different things......eating different things.....listening to some doosh at the gym and changing what they're doing... everyone needs a solid program and they need to STICK to it and that's MUCH more valuable then a tub of the latest greatest protein powder that you don't even need.

The Muscly Jerk
yeah, but a good program is generally freely available on the internet (look at the myriad routines on ironaddicts.com for example) and so the money saved can be put towards quality protein, whether this be in whole food form or whey, doesn't matter which, but I totally disagree with having to 'buy' basic knowledge which is out there for all to see.

do you really need to spend 100 bucks and then buy all the supplements (myoplex, ultrafuel, udo's etc) that AE endorses? to be perfectly honest I've never read the guide BUT if these are quoted I can tell it's gonna be half information and half supplement pushing. NONE of those specific mentioned supplements are necessary (although udo's does have omega3's, however fish oil is far cheaper) and for a guy to suggest 3 shakes a day (assuming 6 meals) 50% meals from ready-to-drinks is hardly an optimal gaining plan. now if these were homemade MRP's which you could control the ratios of which that's different.

who's to say AE's program is proven to work anyway? it worked fine for Anthony Ellis and his genetics (before he started he was small, ripped and black, when he finished he was less small, ripped and black - this is significant). You can't tell me that I can take a skinny white kid with less than average genetics, put him on the AE program and have the same (fantastic) results. because if EVERYONE had results like that, everyone would be putting out e-books.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I have read Anthony's guide. He actually goes over the supplements and says they aren't nessasary, he isn't pushing them as such (though they are factored in to the diet plans) but he emphasises it's more for conveniance (the MRP's especially).

IMHO his guide is just a damn good introduction to bodybuilding (it's the one I started with) with all of the right information one needs about exercising, diet etc. It isn't that supplement heavy with most of the focus on doing the exercises right and feeding your body properly.

I think having confidence in a comphrehensive program that explains everything is a better way to go for a beginner than reading hundreds of conflicting articles on bodybuilding sites etc.

I've only come across 2 'free' programs in the time I've been in to lifting.... the first was rippletoe (after I purchased Anthonys) and the second yours which you just published on here.

Unfortunately these aren't easily accessible to most looking for bodybuilding information - most beginners will end up lost in space not knowing what the hell to do. That's why I think programs are a good thing for beginners - and free ones are difficult for newbies to find.

The Muscly Jerk

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MJ,

Good points, and I agree good free info is hard to find, but I guess you can pay 100s and get really crappy info. I haven't read AE's guide so I can't vouch for the integrity of it. I guess this is just my personal feeling about this topic in general, if people feel more comfortable paying money for a 'known' guide that's fair enough and I can see how it'd make them more secure in the knowledge that they were following a prescribed program. It's like people putting faith in PT's who have a certificate.. people don't want to waste their time and fair enough.

It's just not impossible that some e-books are worthless and the best information can be found free.. although of course, some e-books are worth far mroe than their monetary value.