Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

An Interesting Take on the "Do Looks Matter?" Debate

Do Looks Matter?

• Yes, because only physically attractive guys can get women.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, all you need is game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks and game work in tandem. Your looks may get her attention, but you need game to keep her

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Todd from RSD conducts an very funny, yet insightful interview with Brandon Carter on the age all debate about does looks matter.

Do Looks Matter? Featuring Brandon Carter

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks only matter if they give her an emotional reaction. If you have looks identical to her (respectable) dad, her high school crushes, her earliest boyfriends, or even have the looks of a hard-ass criminal, THAT is when looks matter. I've noticed that women are all different when it comes to this category. Some women love facial hair, others hate it. Some women love long hair on men, some hate it.

So yes, looks do matter if they cause an emotional reaction, but you cannot tell what type of look will cause a certain woman to be attracted to you. A large portion of it comes from her own personal experience, but some of it may also come from a woman's nature.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks only matter if they give her an emotional reaction. If you have looks identical to her (respectable) dad, her high school crushes, her earliest boyfriends, or even have the looks of a hard-ass criminal, THAT is when looks matter. I've noticed that women are all different when it comes to this category. Some women love facial hair, others hate it. Some women love long hair on men, some hate it.

So yes, looks do matter if they cause an emotional reaction, but you cannot tell what type of look will cause a certain woman to be attracted to you. A large portion of it comes from her own personal experience, but some of it may also come from a woman's nature.
holy fuk Desdinova, I will start to look into every thing a woman does through an emotional lense. Just the other day a girl told me that she didnt like me when I had a beard because I reminded her of her exbf.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We men can largely diminish the effect of mediocre looks and women's biases with our clothing and our sense of style.

In my view, the most important thing to convey with our looks is self-respect. Your clothing and the way you wear it screams loudly to the world just how much you respect yourself. A woman will judge your appearance much more on "degree of self-respect" than on her biases or her inner template of male attractiveness.

As with anything, there is a sweet spot to be found for each individual. In general, the sweet spot (aka highest yield of women who find you generally attractive) seems to be neat, well-fitting apparel that required some thought to put together. Sloppy is an automatic disqualifier unless you have super-good looks, and overly neat can often appear manipulative and try-hard. These are the metro guys with the sweater tied around the neck, or flipped over the shoulder, or the scarf and skinny jeans.

The sweet spot that men need to aspire to in all aspects of life is the concept of "least effort". You're neatly dressed without trying to impress. Your smile is a half-smile, never a fully committed one. You, as a man, should always carry yourself with an air of "holding back", because you are superior to all women and women primarily amuse you as a hobby or a part of life; not the main thing in life. Naturally, in a fun social or party situation a full-on smile can be appropriate. But in a one-on-one situation, giving a woman a full-on smile is giving her way too much and she will sense it as weakness.

Dress = degree of self-respect conveyed to the world, and most importantly, to yourself.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holy fuk Desdinova, I will start to look into every thing a woman does through an emotional lense. Just the other day a girl told me that she didnt like me when I had a beard because I reminded her of her exbf.
Never believe what women say. I stopped believing what they say and i give high empasis on their actions. From there you will have all the answers you need.
We men can largely diminish the effect of mediocre looks and women's biases with our clothing and our sense of style.

In my view, the most important thing to convey with our looks is self-respect. Your clothing and the way you wear it screams loudly to the world just how much you respect yourself. A woman will judge your appearance much more on "degree of self-respect" than on her biases or her inner template of male attractiveness.

As with anything, there is a sweet spot to be found for each individual. In general, the sweet spot (aka highest yield of women who find you generally attractive) seems to be neat, well-fitting apparel that required some thought to put together. Sloppy is an automatic disqualifier unless you have super-good looks, and overly neat can often appear manipulative and try-hard. These are the metro guys with the sweater tied around the neck, or flipped over the shoulder, or the scarf and skinny jeans.

The sweet spot that men need to aspire to in all aspects of life is the concept of "least effort". You're neatly dressed without trying to impress. Your smile is a half-smile, never a fully committed one. You, as a man, should always carry himself with an air of "holding back", because you are superior to all women and women primarily amuse you as a hobby or a part of life; not the main thing in life. Naturally, in a fun social or party situation a full-on smile can be appropriate. But in a one-on-one situation, giving a woman a full-on smile is giving her way too much and she will sense it as weakness.

Dress = degree of self-respect conveyed to the world, and most importantly, to yourself.
Exactly. "Clothes make the man"
And what's better than a good suit to show your high status?

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I look at the video, I wanna be the guy on the right who just seems cool, confident and down to earth - not the one of the left who supposedly has "game".

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never believe what women say. I stopped believing what they say and i give high empasis on their actions. From there you will have all the answers you need.
You are right, but I don-t see how that contradicts Desdinova's point. If you remind a person someone that he/she does not like, you will get a harder time conection with them. And I imagine that for women this is even more strong.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right, but I don-t see how that contradicts Desdinova's point. If you remind a person someone that he/she does not like, you will get a harder time conection with them. And I imagine that for women this is even more strong.
My point wasn't a contradiction to Desdinova's point. I agree with Desd exactly on what he said.
The chick who told you this, throwed a shyt test on you .

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My point wasn't a contradiction to Desdinova's point. I agree with Desd exactly on what he said.
The chick who told you this, throwed a shyt test on you .
yeah? I thought it could be one, what should I have replied? Something like "So do you like me now?", or "good, now I'll grow one again so you stop clinging on me"?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch the vid because I have errands to run.

My 2 cents: Of course looks matter. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a PUA scam artist trying to milk money out of your wallet.

Edit: I don't like the word "game" for your polls options. As long as you have decent social skills, then that's all that matters. When you approach women with "game" then all you're doing is switching up your personality and becoming someone you're not. You switch up your tone of voice, body language becomes inconsistent, etc...and eventually the facade will catch up to you and you will fail.

Last edited:

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
if you want to be anyone but yourself, it;'s cause you're a weak ****

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
Todd from RSD conducts an very funny, yet insightful interview with Brandon Carter on the age all debate about does looks matter.

Do Looks Matter? Featuring Brandon Carter
Sorry man, but I can't take this f*ckin Brandon Carter dude seriously. He's a MALE MODEL and YOUTUBE CELEBRITY who's saying not to obsess over looks because it's "weird"... Huh? I'm a guy who mildly obsesses over looks and I can tell he's the same kinda person (probably worse). This dude is ripped. Like goal physique ripped. On top of that, he's obviously on steroids. In addition, achieving the body he has takes being obsessed--obsessed about exercise/lifting and obsessed about nutrition (although roids make both much easier).

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone who tells you otherwise is a PUA scam artist trying to milk money out of your wallet.

And here's the problem with that bullsh*t statement you made. These dudes make a living off of teaching guys game and in my opinion, Tyler, Papa, Mystery, and Roosh aren't why I would define as "classically handsome guys. I can understand how a dude that looks like Ryan Gossling, Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, and Chris Pine, (damn, I just realized that with the exception of Bradley Cooper or Michael Fassbender, in order to be an "A" list actor in Hollywood, your first name needs to be either Ryan or Christopher, but forgive Rex's digression,) irregardless of their fame, I can understand why women would go for their look, (no homo,).

However, the top PUA gurus in the country for all intents and purposes are basically just regular looking dudes who have developed over time the ability to pull chicks out of clubs and damn near have with them at will. Of course, you could have meant that you can't run around here looking like Quasimodo and expect to pull, that would be problematic. Also, off topic if any of these dudes offered you a free boot camp would you take it?

I don't like the word "game" for your polls options.
It's Rex's poll dude.

As long as you have decent social skills, then that's all that matters.
Bruh, seriously, what the f*ck does that even mean? Decent social skills? Having decent social skills is just another remix version of "being yourself." I have decent, actually superb social skills, with men and women I have no interest in having sex with, however my social skills in platonic situation doesn't and has never carried over into me getting laid. Dudes kill me with this sh*t.

When you approach women with "game" then all you're doing is switching up your personality and becoming someone you're not.
Literally right now as I speak, there's this black chick with a caramel complexion sitting two over from your boy. She's cute and she has a very nice rack. According to you, I say "Hi," engage in some bullsh*t conversation, and eventually tell her that Rex's likes her titties, and he wants to f*ck her, and that's not hyperbole, that's Rex being true to himself in his purest form.

Dude's kill me with this sh*t. Just like you have to develop a certain skill set to successfully navigate the psychological bullsh*t and barrier to entry known as the interview process, you have to develop a certain skill set to develop the traits, characteristics, and mannerisms, that women find attractive.

You switch up your tone of voice, body language becomes inconsistent, etc...and eventually the facade will catch up to you and you will fail.
So some dudes are just doomed to be socially awkward beta male introverts in relationships with women who have BPD?

Last edited:

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like I pinched a nerve because I insulted your male role models whom you look for advice when it comes down to interacting with the opposite sex. Yes, that's right. Our ancestors that date back thousands of years were on PUA pseudo-knowledge otherwise humans wouldn't exist today. Thanks Mystery.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
the look women seek varies by culture. In the Far East, any sort of Caucasian man is desirable to many, especially if he's older, retired and a US citizen. Just like a petite Asian girl here is exotic and attractive far more than she'd be to her homeboys.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like I pinched a nerve because I insulted your male role models whom you look for advice when it comes down to interacting with the opposite sex. Yes, that's right. Our ancestors that date back thousands of years were on PUA pseudo-knowledge otherwise humans wouldn't exist today. Thanks Mystery.

And through all of the bullsh*t you stated, your conveniently dodged every point that I made.

Yes, that's right. Our ancestors that date back thousands of years were on PUA pseudo-knowledge otherwise humans wouldn't exist today. Thanks Mystery.
That "pseudo knowledge," is the some the very sh*t that they teach. Let me ask the question again, if you had the opportunity to take a boot camp for free, would you?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
And through all of the bullsh*t you stated, your conveniently dodged every point that I made.

Because every point you made was pointless. I did not dodge anything. I skimmed through your lengthy post and summarized my rebuttal in a few sentences.

And to answer your question, the boot camp provided in the DJ Bible was free and I did it independently for a while. But to join a flock of sheep who blindly follow these scam artists, no.

I'm beginning university this upcoming semester so it's busy for me this time of the year. I apologize if I'm unable to respond to your posts in a timely manner. I hope that does not pinch another nerve.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL with that Mystery video He would have done a lot better had he cut 50% off his jibber-jabber as it rapidly descended into try-hard bragging.

Notice that the camera wasn't hidden If I were that guy I would have walked away from that train wreck after 30 seconds. Still, Mystery has carved out his piece of the pie doing what he does. His stuff is pretty dated though... this is a fluid environment.