Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, Your Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Don't use a word like "statistically" without citations. Stop acting like Marc Lamont Hill or Eric Dyson. Using words like statistically or empirically while they sounds intellectual are not proof.

And try to use a source other than atlantablackstar, Huffington Post, or Buzzfeed. I'll wait
aren't you the guy that posted a racist as a source on another topic?

B

BlueAlpha1

aren't you the guy that posted a racist as a source on another topic?
You'll have to remind me who that was. Again, not providing an example, just throwing the mud and hoping it sticks. I'm not the one who is an ADMITTED racist in this thread.

And since you refused to cite a source, you claim about being "statistically" more likely to get a job callback with a white name is meaningless. So we can all move on from that one.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I am the son of immigrants. I grew up in an abusive household. I was either born with or developed psychiatric issues when I was young from all the ridiculousness. Nearly failed out of high school because of all the insanity in my life. Never even had the prospect of going to college. Was put in juvenile detention multiple times. I had to work full time since I was 16 in jobs where I literally had to bust my back at doing. I have been homeless for a period of time and living out of my car. I have been institutionalized in behavioral hospitals. But apparently because my skin produces a very low level of melanin I have some kind of special privilege which puts me on a higher standing and makes me immune to everything bad. Hold up while I check my privilege... I would like to say that I am so blessed for my lack of melanin production in my skin... It would just be so much worse being a middle class, college educated, American black man like @Dhoulmagus here, he has it SO BAD.

@Tenacity actually has a point... You @Dhoulmagus are full of $hit....

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Privilege works in all kinds of ways @Dhoulmagus why don't you check yours?

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
So I am the son of immigrants. I grew up in an abusive household. I was either born with or developed psychiatric issues when I was young from all the ridiculousness. Nearly failed out of high school because of all the insanity in my life. Never even had the prospect of going to college. Was put in juvenile detention multiple times. I had to work full time since I was 16 in jobs where I literally had to bust my back at doing. I have been homeless for a period of time and living out of my car. I have been institutionalized in behavioral hospitals. But apparently because my skin produces a very low level of melanin I have some kind of special privilege which puts me on a higher standing and makes me immune to everything bad. Hold up while I check my privilege... I would like to say that I am so blessed for my lack of melanin production in my skin... It would just be so much worse being a middle class, college educated, American black man like @Dhoulmagus here, he has it SO BAD.

@Tenacity actually has a point... You @Dhoulmagus are full of $hit....
Okay, if you were a black man then you would most likely be dead or in prison. That's your privilege. Tenacity is different than me.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on @Dhoulmagus... What is your privilege? Come on say it! Admit it, that you have privileges.

So these are alleged benefits I get for being white, but where is the evidence supporting this?
He quoted Peggy McIntosh (a white ultra-radical feminist). Who spent her entire career obsessed with both male and also with white privilege. She never did any studies, only created opinion pieces. She created her entire career out of infecting people with victim mentality...

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Statistically, you are right. Because if he was black, he would statistically be killed by a fellow black person.

"According to FBI numbers from 2014, about 90 percent of black homicide victims were killed by other black people."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.6186d1e2a93a
Exactly, he didn't grow up in a concentrated ghetto which are meant to breed crime and drugs.

I don't have any privileges. Please tell me what I might have because I'm completely unaware!

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, he didn't grow up in a concentrated ghetto which are meant to breed crime and drugs.

I don't have any privileges. Please tell me what I might have because I'm completely unaware!
I'll answer you when you answer my past couple of posts, which you ignored.

I can wait. I'll be "privileged" to you replying.

B

BlueAlpha1

They're not "meant " to breed anything. They just breed it because the inhabitants lack personal responsibility

B

BlueAlpha1

If you committed crimes, then yes. But if you chose to instead go to college and not commit crimes, then no.
We ought to stop feeding the troll. The guy is an admitted racist in the thread.

Oh he'll tell you black people can't be racist. Even if we work from that false premise, he's an admitted bigot. Then again, maybe black people can't be bigoted either. :rofl:

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
They're not "meant " to breed anything. They just breed it because the inhabitants lack personal responsibility
Tell me any concentrated ghetto/favela in the world that has "personal responsibility"?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
So did you grow up basically lower-to middle class in a black neighborhood? Not the hood, but not middle class either?
Yes, I would classify it as "working class". I came from a single mother, my Father paid his child support but he didn't participate in "fathering me" if that makes sense. Both of them worked in GM but my mother did get out early with some type of claim filing she did.

All I know is that at 18 when I started college, I qualified for every low income scholarship and grant there was, including the Pell Grant. The street I grew up on was mainly "quiet"...but literally around the corner (I mean literally, once you turn off my street) you HIT the hood.

I basically used the resources available to me, played the cards the best I can, and grew from stage to stage. I was even going to do this thing where I took my old EBT card and framed it next to one of my current 19 rewards Cards (such as the AMX Blue Cash one) and put that frame next to my degrees to show people where I came from. I still remember the website I would log into for my EBT balance (which hit around the 1st of the month) and it was this website here: https://www.connectebt.com/ebtcard/miebt/index.jsp

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
im guessing y'all have personal responsibility? Why aren't y'all rich business millionaires then?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
im guessing y'all have personal responsibility? Why aren't y'all rich business millionaires then?
Me personally, I don't believe our system is setup to where just ANYBODY can become a millionaire if they just "put their mind to it". Unless you live a very minimalist lifestyle, start investing early, and invest the vast majority of everything to where you potentially become a millionaire at 70, most people are going to need to have MAJOR impacts in the economy in order to achieve this level of wealth.

Let's look at the US individual income breakdown (remember, this is individual income, not household):

- 50% of individuals make less than $25k, this is considered the lower class

- 16% to 29% of individuals make $27k - $35k a year which is considered the median US income and also is considered the working class

- 6% to 15% of individuals make $37k - $90k a year, which is considered middle class

- 2% to 5% make $100k - $220k, which is considered higher class

- 1% and less make over $250k, which is considered the rich

Now, obviously the purchasing power of individuals will be completely different based on where you live, this measurement is based on a NATIONAL measurement. Obviously, if someone lives in a high cost of living area, "middle class" will look completely different.

Now, I'm saying all of this to say that about 80% of individuals in the country make less than $35,000 a year. If you get into the middle class, to me, you have been successful (again, as long as you aren't in a high cost of living area which requires more income).

I believe if people put their mind to it, worked hard, etc., then you can WORK into the middle class. Now in regards to working into the higher class and the rich categories, I think those require much more than "hard work" and requires most likely very strong networks.

B

BlueAlpha1

Me personally, I don't believe our system is setup to where just ANYBODY can become a millionaire if they just "put their mind to it". Unless you live a very minimalist lifestyle, start investing early, and invest the vast majority of everything to where you potentially become a millionaire at 70, most people are going to need to have MAJOR impacts in the economy in order to achieve this level of wealth.
Good post, and the first sentence is so true. Diverting from the racial talk for a second, isn't it a riot when people say the fastest way to become a millionaire is "put your mind to it", "follow your dreams", or "decide to be rich". I think the 3 easiest ways to actually become a millionaire before 40 is to inherit it, create the next big app, or start saving VERY early and you might hit it by 50.

This rah rah rah talk is a scam for "life coaches" to sell 6 part training courses online that say nothing for $400

And don't you love when "rich" people shame people for trying to make it into the middle class - telling a single guy with few expenses "40k is nothing". I have a friend I've virtually stopped talking to because while I originally thought he had great business sense, in the 2 years he's been talking about accruing a 500 mil net worth as an "artist", he hasn't accumulated 5 cents.

What's up with this anyway?

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score

Let's look at the US individual income breakdown (remember, this is individual income, not household):

- 50% of individuals make less than $25k, this is considered the lower class

- 16% to 29% of individuals make $27k - $35k a year which is considered the median US income and also is considered the working class

- 6% to 15% of individuals make $37k - $90k a year, which is considered middle class

- 2% to 5% make $100k - $220k, which is considered higher class

- 1% and less make over $250k, which is considered the rich

Now, obviously the purchasing power of individuals will be completely different based on where you live, this measurement is based on a NATIONAL measurement. Obviously, if someone lives in a high cost of living area, "middle class" will look completely different.

Now, I'm saying all of this to say that about 80% of individuals in the country make less than $35,000 a year. If you get into the middle class, to me, you have been successful (again, as long as you aren't in a high cost of living area which requires more income).

I believe if people put their mind to it, worked hard, etc., then you can WORK into the middle class. Now in regards to working into the higher class and the rich categories, I think those require much more than "hard work" and requires most likely very strong networks.
Yes anybody can become middle class if they put enough effort. Breaking 100k requires luck, networks, and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.