Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alpha Male?

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Being Alpha is a state of mind not a summary of one's achievements. Ironically many people who accomplished great things have done so due to massive insecurities they continue to carry with them so it really isn't a great barometer.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give him an oscar instead of Leo DiCaprio.

Alpha is a state of mind, insecurities can drive a man to height of success in business. If their in a couple (usually since high school in 70% of the millionaires are in a LTR) the girl cover up the rest (social frame, insecurities) while the man push his dreams.

Adrenaline makes you live in the moment better if you can control it. I guess his type of work makes him live in the moment and boy must he makes an impression in a crowd of city dwellers

PS: just a general statement, you never know what goes behind doors, the picture could have been a fake too (killed by gun, show a spear that's pretty clean for a killing one)

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Being Alpha is a state of mind not a summary of one's achievements. Ironically many people who accomplished great things have done so due to massive insecurities they continue to carry with them so it really isn't a great barometer.
Wont disagree, but I'm also not going to post in a thread to sh!t all over a guy's accomplishment.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is about as alpha as a bag of skittles. He is actually a classic example of a beta trying to act alpha to big himself up. A real alpha male would have shot the bear with a gun, cooked it and ate it. And that would have been the end of the story. This beta moron sticks the bear with a spear that has a go pro camera attached to it, leaves the animal to die a slow and painful death, and then posts a video on youtube claiming that he did something that no one had ever done before (except for millions of our prehistoric ancestors).

An alpha would not think twice about killing a beast or another man, but he would have a reason for doing it. Either hunting for food or vanquishing an adversary at war, the killing would have a practical purpose. Those who hunt for sport have the same mentality as serial killers: they enjoy causing violence and suffering because it makes them feel better about themselves. An alpha male, who, be definition, is not lacking in confidence, would have no reason to engage in such conduct.

Malcontent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is about as alpha as a bag of skittles. He is actually a classic example of a beta trying to act alpha to big himself up. A real alpha male would have shot the bear with a gun, cooked it and ate it. And that would have been the end of the story. This beta moron sticks the bear with a spear that has a go pro camera attached to it, leaves the animal to die a slow and painful death, and then posts a video on youtube claiming that he did something that no one had ever done before (except for millions of our prehistoric ancestors).

An alpha would not think twice about killing a beast or another man, but he would have a reason for doing it. Either hunting for food or vanquishing an adversary at war, the killing would have a practical purpose. Those who hunt for sport have the same mentality as serial killers: they enjoy causing violence and suffering because it makes them feel better about themselves. An alpha male, who, be definition, is not lacking in confidence, would have no reason to engage in such conduct.
This was my thought. This prick just killed this bear for an ego boost and for social media flair.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so what well known male would you consider alpha?

-George Clooney
-El Chapo Guzman
-Bill Clinton
-Vladimir Putin
-John Wayne as an actor
-Clint Eastwood
-Stalin
-Hitler
-Saddam Hussein
-

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who hunt for sport have the same mentality as serial killers: they enjoy causing violence and suffering because it makes them feel better about themselves.
You must have never hunted in your life or obviously don't care for it if you ever did try it. I don't know a hunter out there that hunts to cause violence and suffering. If that was the case, they would pick much easier targets. Most guys hunt for the challenge, the pleasure of being outdoors and enjoying nature, and to spend time with friends and family.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're both dumbasses. That picture looks like two clothing models in a catalog. The clothes look new off the rack, and her makeup is perfect. Cosmetics put off a strong smell, especially to animals. So do new clothes. Neither one of them is any kind of mighty hunter. Bears are used to being able to eat trash in peace. He probably could have tackled that baited bear and slit its throat with a knife.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/16/alberta-spear-hunting-ban-bear-youtube-video
Alberta weighs ban on spear hunting after man films 'humane' bear killing

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must have never hunted in your life or obviously don't care for it if you ever did try it. I don't know a hunter out there that hunts to cause violence and suffering. If that was the case, they would pick much easier targets. Most guys hunt for the challenge, the pleasure of being outdoors and enjoying nature, and to spend time with friends and family.
Most hunters I know eat what they kill. I have no problem with that kind of hunting. But trophy hunting baited game is exceptionally lame. If you like to be outdoors, go hiking. If you like guns and want a challenge, take up target shooting.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so what well known male would you consider alpha?

-George Clooney
-El Chapo Guzman
-Bill Clinton
-Vladimir Putin
-John Wayne as an actor
-Clint Eastwood
-Stalin
-Hitler
-Saddam Hussein
-
No question that Putin is an alpha male.

purple haze

Don Juan
Reaction score
They're both dumbasses. That picture looks like two clothing models in a catalog. The clothes look new off the rack, and her makeup is perfect. Cosmetics put off a strong smell, especially to animals. So do new clothes. Neither one of them is any kind of mighty hunter. Bears are used to being able to eat trash in peace. He probably could have tackled that baited bear and slit its throat with a knife.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/16/alberta-spear-hunting-ban-bear-youtube-video
Alberta weighs ban on spear hunting after man films 'humane' bear killing
I'd like to see that hunter go up against a full grown grizzly protecting her cubs.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Totally agree.

Furthermore, I've never met a alpha male in my life who really cared about this definition or went out of his way to be hardcore.

And on the hunting thing---these are just my beliefs---but I deplore this kind of sport hunting. It's ethically wrong and the only purpose it serves is to gild what you imagine as steel balls so you can take photos and puff your chest. Meanwhile, and animal that you probably don't intend on eating (bear meat isn't very good), suffered needlessly to stroke some jocko toolbag's ego. I guarantee you that photo was all over social media.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I DO hunt, and have hunted for years. I hunt for meat. I dont enjoy killing and I greatly respect this sacred process. In fact, I hate killing anything. But---if I am going to be a carnivore then I cant just bury my head in the sand and pretend like the animals I eat weren't killed by someone. A man should be willing to be part of that process, and if not, you probably shouldn't eat meat.

A lot of hunters like to talk about "harvesting" an animal. It's killing, don't sugarcoat it. It's an ugly thing, but a necessary thing. Folks can say "well we dont NEED to eat meat anymore", and to an extent they are right, but due to human expansion, game animal populations need to be managed. And IMO, if you are going to eat meat, better to eat naturally claimed meat that you took part in than to rely 100% on supermarket slaughter. Not saying I'm above that, but this year I am making every effort to fill my freezer with game.

And one last note on hunting---here in Colorado at least there are rifle, archery, and muzzleloading seasons for most big game. This is purely my opinion, but if I am going to kill an animal I want it to be as quick and clean as possible. This means a high-powered rifle. Is it less of a challenge? Yeah, but hunting in the west is challenging enough, and this isnt a sport for me. I'm out there for meat.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could stand up, puff and pound my chest, and pronounce my godly alpha-ness, but internally, I may be a beta-whimp.

Many confuse the actions of an alpha for an alpha, but fail to look at the underlying motivations of such behavior. For example, a bully may bully younger kids as he feels inadequate himself, and thus needs to prove to himself and others that he is adequate enough as other kids will defer to him. Does this make him an alpha or simply insecure? What is the motivation of his bullying, the "action"?

The motivation of the action (the intent)--not the action--is what defines a person on the alpha/beta continuum.

SuckItUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like an Alpha but there's not enough info to judge with a high degree of certainty.

Most guys who have their own company and didn't just inherit it have show many Alpha traits for the company to be successful.