Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Address the elephant in the room the same as 'we need to talk'?

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
This girl and I have been in a REALLY weird space lately. I'll admit we've both been playing games. The last time we spoke I reached out to her and she seemed receptive. She then initiated contact 9 days later and said she said "Called to talk. I wanted to address the elephant in the room so to speak lol" . She called me which she never really does, didn't leave a vm but followed up with a text saying this. I'll admit we've both been playing games and haven't been too sure about her interest level.

1.Address the elephant in the room the same as 'we need to talk'?
2.Rejection looming?

Last edited:

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Or commitment coming. ??
Right, after I contacted her and we talked she didn't say anything for 9 days. I don't know I feel like if she wanted a commitment she wouldn't have gone that long to say something or why not have come right out and ask, where is this going?

@Jonanthony

Banned
Reaction score
Yen but she could test those waters. How long u wait for contact ur interest level etc. She either wants this to ramp up or dear Chris2for..... Either way u can smooth this out if it is your desire ....And if you want LTR she has admitted game play so may be honest attempt for new directions.....

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
She totally set you up for a good one.

"We need to address the elephant in the room."

"Well I did notice you gained a few pounds, but I don't think you're quite that big yet."

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You talked then you ghosted for 9 days?? That's too long, even if you're busy she knows you're purposely not texting her so she's basically saying "fuvk you" for not initiating. I think it's neither, but leaning towards she's losing major interest. It's definitely not the commitment talk.

Cut out this bull**** talk stuff. Ask her on a date, and she can talk all she wants about her feelings.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
You talked then you ghosted for 9 days?? That's too long, even if you're busy she knows you're purposely not texting her so she's basically saying "fuvk you" for not initiating. I think it's neither, but leaning towards she's losing major interest. It's definitely not the commitment talk.

Cut out this bull**** talk stuff. Ask her on a date, and she can talk all she wants about her feelings.
No I didn't "ghost". I initiated the conversation. We talked. She didn't initiate or say anything for 9 days. I figured she would have made contact with me.

ritapita20

Don Juan
Reaction score

I don't know. If I'm interested in someone I'm not going 9 days, especially after they initiated. I would think it would be my turn so to speak.

Things could be fine OP, but my guess is it's not.

She went 9 days without saying anything, then just randomly says she wants to talk. If she was testing you so to speak she could've just started a new conversation with you but instead she gave you the ominous "we need to talk". Usually when someone says this good news doesn't follow. If she hadn't gone 9 days without speaking to you or at least eased her way into saying she wanted to talk then I would be more optimistic.

If the tables were turned and man did that to me I would think he was withdrawing and this we need to talk/address the elephant in the room talk was him gearing up to end things...

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women inflate problems, men shrink problems. If you act like whatever the elephant is really is no big deal and manageable while letting her get her words out, she'll be more into you.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever since I took the red pill these type of awkward situations in relationships never happen to me. There's no "end" because there's really no beginning. You date girls (many of them), they all kind of suspect there are other girls, and they all put on their best behavior to try to earn your attention/love/affection/etc. Anytime a girl gets out of line, you ghost them. If they insist on wanting to continue to see you, they do it on your terms, if not, they just go away.

In other words: work on yourself (get your SMV up), and spin more plates and there wouldn't be any elephants in the room or relationship drama about them.

Last edited:

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
This girl and I have been in a REALLY weird space lately. I'll admit we've both been playing games. The last time we spoke I reached out to her and she seemed receptive. She then initiated contact 9 days later and said she said "Called to talk. I wanted to address the elephant in the room so to speak lol" . She called me which she never really does, didn't leave a vm but followed up with a text saying this. I'll admit we've both been playing games and haven't been too sure about her interest level.

1.Address the elephant in the room the same as 'we need to talk'?
2.Rejection looming?
If you care more than her doesn't matter what game playing is done or what you talk about. You will lose.

Just keep having sex with her. If she stops, tell her you have to have sex with other girls. Let her worry about everything else. :)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men shouldn't be playing games, whatever happens it's on you.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Men shouldn't be playing games, whatever happens it's on you.
I agree to an extent. She blew me off. She then wanted to see me 2 weeks later after and I blew her off. I felt like she was toying with me.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? She said "want to grab coffee. Miss you". Still seems like I'm a back up?
Yeah, because if you were not the backup it would be "I want you to come over tonight. Miss you." AKA "Can you come over and fvck the life out of me?? I miss your d!ck"

Coffee is so....friend like...of all the things a woman could suggest after going on a bunch of dates with a guy, this is probably the last I'd be expecting if she was really into you.

I'd decline the coffee date and invite her over.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares. She's just another girl.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, because if you were not the backup it would be "I want you to come over tonight. Miss you." AKA "Can you come over and fvck the life out of me?? I miss your d!ck"

Coffee is so....friend like...of all the things a woman could suggest after going on a bunch of dates with a guy, this is probably the last I'd be expecting if she was really into you.

I'd decline the coffee date and invite her over.
Hmm. So her miss you doesn't mean sh*t and she's just trying to be friendly?
So her wanting to address the elephant in the room is to reject me more than likely?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. So her miss you doesn't mean sh*t and she's just trying to be friendly?
So her wanting to address the elephant in the room is to reject me more than likely?
I'd say she is about to hit you with a LJBF talk...have you had sex with her yet?

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I didn't "ghost". I initiated the conversation. We talked. She didn't initiate or say anything for 9 days. I figured she would have made contact with me.
HA! AWALT....99.9% will not initiate in early stages of anything. You got bang em solid for atleast 30-60 days. Even then they still might not!?

What's the timeline here? How many good bangs have you gotten in? Men lead, woman follow. Don't chase, just lead. Set up dates, fvck em. And have fun doing it, when the fun stops just move on to new prospects.

Last edited: