Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

26th birthday coming up and fvcking depressed

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been basically doing nothing the last several years. I got fired from two jobs including a really good one, and spent last year doing a teacher’s ed program and the head of the grad program didn’t like me and I had to drop out. I live in my parent’s house and they pay for gas and other expenses because I don’t have the money. I have been hospitalized 4 times-not mentally ill at all now but still have to take a couple prescriptions and visit doctors as a condition of my living at home (understandable). However, I was discerning a vocation to the priesthood, and the hospitalizations were coming from that, so I know there is no point to any of it now that I know that I’m supposed to be married. Whether you believe in any of that or not, believe me when I say life is just hell.

The good side is I’m at peace with myself, and I happen to be extremely phenomenal with women. I know this has been the case for a couple years now and a good barometer is the married women I flirt with at one of my (very small) jobs. They eat me up. So I couldn’t be more confident with myself with regards to women. The problem is there aren’t fvcking any of them where I live which is in no-man’s land—a beautiful area, but where old people go to retire, basically, or married people with money.

I just feel like a loser. I can’t believe my 26th birthday is next week. I feel like I’ve been doing nothing but wasting time and will never get any of it back. I want to get married. My grandfather was married at 26. My father found his wife at 26. Meanwhile I am in my parent’s house taking medications with no job. To make matters worse I want a job in filmmaking. No real easy way to get into that. The silver lining is I am phenomenal and was repeatedly called a genius online back in the mid 2000s when I used to showcase my work.

I basically feel powerless to do anything and feel like a victim of circumstances. With my assets it would be easy to turn things around if I wanted to, but I’m just so fvcking depressed. I know it’s just 26, but it feels like the end of the world to me. It’s the biggest humiliation I can think of to be 26 and in this situation. I’m not a typical Millennial—I was never like this. Just fvcking humiliated and depressed.
Thanks for listening. -Darth

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nevermind guys, that was kind of a pvssy moment. I just got depressed thinking about no job and no girlfriend, and the irony being that I kick a$$ at my passion and kick a$$ with women to the extreme. Just felt locked in by circumstances. Read some posts around here including Backbreaker's and realized that 26 is young, people have it a lot worse than I do. I've got all the tools for success and I just need to hit the reset and start over. Thanks for reading though.

I think every man must have a moment like this.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was pretty much exactly the same at your age. In fact I'm pretty sure I made a post on these boards about feeling old at 26. I look back now (at 32) and laugh at myself, but I'm pretty sure everyone does it.. I'm sure I'll do the same when I'm 40 looking back at myself now etc.

One thing that did stick out (and prompted me to reply to you) was the whole wanting to be married at 26. I remember when I was 25 and the first of my friends got married: I remember feeling pretty low at the time and wishing I could be doing the same. 7 years later and I honestly thank God that I dodged that bullet. It gets said around here a lot that men improve with age but you have to see it to believe it. I can honestly say that pretty much from 25 onwards, life has got better year by year. Getting married married so young, for me at least, would've been a fatal mistake.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself about your jobs/career at this age. I genuinely think your twenties are for figuring all these things out. One of my best friends switched careers 3 times during his twenties (including getting fired from 2 of those jobs) and it was only in his very late twenties/early thirties that he discovered what he wanted to do. Now he's doing really well for himself.

Just keep your chin up and work on improving yourself. Life will only get better....

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with venting that stuff. I would guess that writing it out contributed to your feeling better.

You're nowhere near ready to get married. You need to stabilize your life first. You used a perfect phrase... "Hit the reset switch". If "Project Darth" seems overwhelming, read the book, "One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way". This book was the single largest influence in my journey to success and fulfillment. It shows you how to break down projects and goals into tiny steps that quickly accumulate to massive success. The steps are so ridiculously tiny that fear and overwhelm are not triggered. Despite the tininess if the steps you take, they grow exponentially in effect.

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Step-Change-Your-Life/dp/076118032X

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
To make matters worse I want a job in filmmaking. No real easy way to get into that.
Tell me about it, I want to be an astronaut.

Get a CDL, work for a year or two and take a vacation

I've had my CDL for 7 years and I've never been without a job. I just applied for a job off indeed this weekend and had a call back the same day. There is a MASSIVE shortage of truckers now and you can easily clear 100k after 1 or 2 years on the road. Following that CNC or HVAC, you'll be employed forever. I got all three when I was your age plus a bit of welding and I've never not had a job. They're not glamorous but if you need some cash and a couple months work, there's always a job. What took me a year to accomplish and less than 20,000 bucks has secured my employment for the rest of my life. If not one of those then you can do a forklift license in 2 days for a hundred bucks and work on a dock. Considering I've been teaching in China for 5 years, you can go off and be a film maker after a year or two of whatever trade you throw in for. After a year or two of experience in any trade, you'll be able to pull small contracts or part time work to fund your other adventures.

643,000 Trucking jobs in the USA
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=cdl&l=

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Tempur-+-...MZlA0_9HheuFkIc3wmHj1vwt65jl-tY5IKgyQ-WoIMLZl

First one that came up is for $65,000/year with 2 years OTR experience. If you want some adventure after that you can easily find trucker work in any other 1st world country. Oz hires guys to drive highway trains and pays them accordingly +100k/year.
I know a guy who owned his rig and was pulling 325k/year. It'll cost you about $5000 to get the license so if you are out of cash, work 3 jobs at mcdonalds for two months, by the time you are 28 you'll be really well off and can go off and make films to your heart's content.

Last edited:

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the advice, all three of you. I agree starting small steps is better than starting big and then failing again. To the point of the last post, I have just decided to do some training for some technical equipment that ought to provide a good side income and even a huge regular income eventually. The thing is it's going to take age 26-27 to get it going properly.

I realize now the problem is less that I can't make a living and more that I was getting depressed because I was comparing my situation to other peoples' timetable that I respected and feeling humiliated about it. Like I said, I'll bet most men have felt that way sometime, and looking back on it at 32, I may well laugh about my attitude now.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Skills make money and most people are to stupid to invest in skills training, so $$$.

Last edited:

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take a vacation to Bancock to fvck wh0res?
meh.. is that a typical American trucker ultimate fantasy?

that video made me throw up a little in my mouth
I will never be one of those men, sadly you seem to aspire to that level

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Darth,
Learn to dance...Ball-Room then Salsa,then Argentine Tango...After two years you will have a lifetime of fun with Women in front of you!

jdb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop spending your time being successful with women and pursue financial stability. No one in their latter 20's should be living with their parents.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandfather was married at 26. My father found his wife at 26.
Someone on this forum posted a while back about men in their mid-20s going through an 'adult crisis' of some sort. I went through the same thing. When I was in my mid-20s, I felt like my life was passing me by and I HAD to get married and buy a house. While it wasn't stupid to buy my house at 25, it was stupid to also get married.

Now that I'm older, I know much better. Your 30s will be your greatest pvssyfest. I have NEVER had so much success with women than I did in my 30s. Now that I'm getting closer to 40, the fascination with fvcking a ton of broads is tapering off. There's a lot more to life than that.

I also feel like I've discovered the formula to having a woman stick like glue, and I've pursued that option. From what I've observed, my GF is going to be coming along for the ride. I'm not saying I'm moving in with her, but I honestly can't see her going anywhere anytime soon. There's things I want to accomplish before that level of commitment happens and if she's still around after I've completed what I need to, then perhaps I'll move her in.

When you truly realize that you still have lots of time to do all the things you need to, marriage and women become a lower priority.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
take a vacation to Bancock to fvck wh0res?
meh.. is that a typical American trucker ultimate fantasy?

that video made me throw up a little in my mouth
I will never be one of those men, sadly you seem to aspire to that level
Wondering if you are gay, a woman or a certified mangina.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop spending your time being successful with women and pursue financial stability. No one in their latter 20's should be living with their parents.
Well no sh!t. That is what was depressing me out of my fvcking mind. I WILL be out soon. -Darth.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Don't listen to that bullsh1t Darth. Stay with your folks AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, inexpensive or free rent and free food is way cooler than having to bust your ass for NOTHING. Anyone who tells you to move out is drinking financial retard juice. Stay at home, work hard, bank your money and buy your own small house and rent the rest of the rooms out. I'm married and I love living at home when I'm in Canada, it beats the fvk out of spending 1/4 of my income on a dump down by the river so that some broke idiot can nod his head in approval while he spoon feeds himself and 10 cats from a can of spam. I get home cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner, my own room, a really nice house, a hot wife and I get to keep 95% of my income per month. Unless you are going to buy your own house, or your father is beating the sh1t out of you on the reg, there is no reason to move out.

I will live at home forever no matter how many houses we have, I'd much rather have my family around then not... eventually they'll be gone and you'll regret not spending more time with them. You'll also regret plowing 10's of thousands of dollars into someone else's junk heap just for the luxury of being 'mature'. I'd much rather give my folks money and keep it in the family then some prick landlord.

You want to move out and be mature? Do it in a 3rd world country. Any tard can move into a cesspool down the street and call themselves capable. If you are going to move out, go all the way, and move out of the country. Anyone who tells you to 'move out for independence' cause you are older than 20, has no game and is an absolute fvking cvnt. Move out to Thailand or Mexico for 6 months, then you'll REALLY be capable and independent.

Last edited:

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wondering if you are gay, a woman or a certified mangina.
nope
paying wh0res to like me does not turn me on
not impressed by women who are getting paid to be on a pedestal
I dont go to stripper clubs to see women getting paid to be on a pedestal

the men in that video, are not me...
walking around being impressed by wh0res, dressed like a looser, with little boy bright eyes in a circus midway
OHHH PRETTY LIGHTS... OH SHE WALKS AND TALKS... YES TAKE MY MONEY
in all that video footage I see not one "man"
in all that video footage I see not one female that is as hot as any I have fvcked in 10 years

yet you seem to think that is paradise.

you better fvckin check yourself bro before saying shlt like that

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Thank you very much for the advice, all three of you. I agree starting small steps is better than starting big and then failing again. To the point of the last post, I have just decided to do some training for some technical equipment that ought to provide a good side income and even a huge regular income eventually. The thing is it's going to take age 26-27 to get it going properly.

I realize now the problem is less that I can't make a living and more that I was getting depressed because I was comparing my situation to other peoples' timetable that I respected and feeling humiliated about it. Like I said, I'll bet most men have felt that way sometime, and looking back on it at 32, I may well laugh about my attitude now.
never compare your timetable to anyone elses. That is exactly how you end up in your situation, youll never feel good enough. Someone elses plan is vastly different than yours. You cannot even compare the two.

B

BlueAlpha1

Hi all,
I have been basically doing nothing the last several years. I got fired from two jobs including a really good one, and spent last year doing a teacher’s ed program and the head of the grad program didn’t like me and I had to drop out. I live in my parent’s house and they pay for gas and other expenses because I don’t have the money. I have been hospitalized 4 times-not mentally ill at all now but still have to take a couple prescriptions and visit doctors as a condition of my living at home (understandable). However, I was discerning a vocation to the priesthood, and the hospitalizations were coming from that, so I know there is no point to any of it now that I know that I’m supposed to be married. Whether you believe in any of that or not, believe me when I say life is just hell.

The good side is I’m at peace with myself, and I happen to be extremely phenomenal with women. I know this has been the case for a couple years now and a good barometer is the married women I flirt with at one of my (very small) jobs. They eat me up. So I couldn’t be more confident with myself with regards to women. The problem is there aren’t fvcking any of them where I live which is in no-man’s land—a beautiful area, but where old people go to retire, basically, or married people with money.

I just feel like a loser. I can’t believe my 26th birthday is next week. I feel like I’ve been doing nothing but wasting time and will never get any of it back. I want to get married. My grandfather was married at 26. My father found his wife at 26. Meanwhile I am in my parent’s house taking medications with no job. To make matters worse I want a job in filmmaking. No real easy way to get into that. The silver lining is I am phenomenal and was repeatedly called a genius online back in the mid 2000s when I used to showcase my work.

I basically feel powerless to do anything and feel like a victim of circumstances. With my assets it would be easy to turn things around if I wanted to, but I’m just so fvcking depressed. I know it’s just 26, but it feels like the end of the world to me. It’s the biggest humiliation I can think of to be 26 and in this situation. I’m not a typical Millennial—I was never like this. Just fvcking humiliated and depressed.
Thanks for listening. -Darth
I feel you bro. My 27th birthday is in June.

With the exception of a one-month trip to Europe last summer, which changed my life for the better, I have been doing very little for the better part of 18 months. In January '15 I quit my 50k job (which was real solid money for a single guy with few possessions) that was allowing me to save 30-40% of the my income, and had convinced myself I was going to become an author and get by on odd jobs for the forseeable future. Became a minimalist and thought that by purging possessions I'd have some kind of spiritual growth or something. Got a few part-time BS jobs that lasted a few days each that were never going to be enough. Instead I've spent 40% of the money I saved and am looking in the mirror realizing I probably have to go back to the career I thought I'd left for good. I don't love it or hate it, but it was good money.

I have mostly lived on my own but moved in and out with relatives for a few weeks or a month at a time because of bad roommates and other such nonsense, because I didn't want to work I was chasing the cheap rent, driving a garbage car, etc. But this August I signed a lease for a brand new luxury apartment. I'm also going to ditch my beater car and get a nice ride. To do this, I'll have to go back to 9-5, but "quitting your jobs and following your dreams" is not all its cracked up to be unless you can secure a 6 figure income quickly and know what you're doing. If you can make good money and bear the job, it's worth it. And if you save your money properly, you can leave the job no questions asked if sh*t hits the fan. And in the meanwhile, while you work your neutral job, you should be working towards making your so-called dreams profitable on the side, always getting better.

My family doesn't really say anything, but they clearly see that I've been all over the place the last year and a half when I really had my stuff together in 2014. I chalk it up to losing a parent and ending a bad relationship, but when I look in the mirror now, I say enough already. Looking forward to August

Last edited by a moderator:

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
in all that video footage I see not one "man"
in all that video footage I see not one female that is as hot as any I have fvcked in 10 years (BS)

yet you seem to think that is paradise.

you better fvckin check yourself bro before saying shlt like that
Lol, k there. If you're not a woman, I would be very surprised. You are the user who posted the 2 pics of those old slags and you are ripping on guys that are scoring real 18 y/o 10s? Having lived there myself, I can assure you those men are more manly then 100% of guys who are jumping through hoops to prove their 'alphaness' to women.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had my CDL for 7 years and I've never been without a job. I just applied for a job off indeed this weekend and had a call back the same day. There is a MASSIVE shortage of truckers now and you can easily clear 100k after 1 or 2 years on the road. Following that CNC or HVAC, you'll be employed forever.
And what happens when the driverless trucks take over?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
retire to Bangcok to get 5$ attention

Last edited: