Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

24 Million Viewers For First GOP Debate

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/media/gop-debate-fox-news-ratings/

Over 24 million people, that's unheard of for a FIRST DEBATE. Trump is leading big in all polls, which isn't like it was during the previous GOP Presidential run where it seemed as though every one of the candidates took the number one leading spot at some point, before settling in on Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney was clearly the guy that would win the Nomination last time for the GOP, this time, who knows?

Even though Trump, Jeb and Scott Walker are leading now, it's very early and there's a ton of time for those numbers to swing. In the END though, I think Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Marco Rubio are going to be the top running remaining guys towards the nomination.

I still prefer/support Rand Paul, but I'm not sure if he's going to ever break through this wall above him. It's just way too much money with Jeb and the rest of them. I do not think Donald Trump is going to stay on top once the actual primary voting starts. I think all of this stuff about Trump is just a show and the REAL contest will be Bush and Walker, with Rubio on the side.

But ultimately, sad to say it, none of this matters because Hillary IS STILL going to win unless she makes a significant mistake along the way and I don't see that happening.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing else to watch in August. I still didn't watch though.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Clinton ran in 92 expecting to lose. But Ross Perot split the Repub votes in half and handed the white house to Bill. In 2016, Trump could do the same thing for Hillary if he ran as an independent. That's the best reason the Repubs have to give him the nomination. He has the key to their failure in his back pocket if he wants to use it.

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always liked Marco Rubio, however he seems a little too fresh faced to win the nomination. I do believe he'd be great for the VP slot though, along with Ben Carson, and maybe even Fiorina. Right now, I'm liking Mike Huckabee. Personally, I'm not very religious, but I love the idea of a "fair tax", and I think, overall, Mike is strong enough to run this Country.

Not sure about Trump, he's seems to be the definition of a wild card - in pretty much all aspects - two steps forward one step back (or vice-versa). I'm just hoping he doesn't end up hurting the GOP as a whole.

Octogonal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/media/gop-debate-fox-news-ratings/

Over 24 million people, that's unheard of for a FIRST DEBATE. Trump is leading big in all polls, which isn't like it was during the previous GOP Presidential run where it seemed as though every one of the candidates took the number one leading spot at some point, before settling in on Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney was clearly the guy that would win the Nomination last time for the GOP, this time, who knows?

Even though Trump, Jeb and Scott Walker are leading now, it's very early and there's a ton of time for those numbers to swing. In the END though, I think Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Marco Rubio are going to be the top running remaining guys towards the nomination.

I still prefer/support Rand Paul, but I'm not sure if he's going to ever break through this wall above him. It's just way too much money with Jeb and the rest of them. I do not think Donald Trump is going to stay on top once the actual primary voting starts. I think all of this stuff about Trump is just a show and the REAL contest will be Bush and Walker, with Rubio on the side.

But ultimately, sad to say it, none of this matters because Hillary IS STILL going to win unless she makes a significant mistake along the way and I don't see that happening.

TheVirtualMind said:
ATTENTION: Political, Racial, and Religious threads

Dear forum members,

During the past month and a half, there has been an increase in the number of political, racial, and religious threads. These threads have been against forum rules, but moderators allowed them at first, in part of everything going on in the world.

However, these threads quickly declined into attacks, harassment, trolling, and abuse. This stops now. Despite best efforts to allow open minds and open speech, people were unable to keep things civil.

Therefore, effective IMMEDIATELY, ALL political, racial, and religious threads are BANNED. Current threads will be locked. Any new threads created is grounds for a ban, as this is going to be the only warning. If you want to discuss certain topics through Private Messages, you are welcome to do that.

Thank you.

- TheVirtualMind
Political threads are not allowed to be posted in the forum. Learn how to follow forum rules when it's stickied in the AE forum.

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Octogonal said:
Political threads are not allowed to be posted in the forum. Learn how to follow forum rules when it's stickied in the AE forum.
So who'd you like in the debate?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Bill Clinton ran in 92 expecting to lose. But Ross Perot split the Repub votes in half and handed the white house to Bill. In 2016, Trump could do the same thing for Hillary if he ran as an independent. That's the best reason the Repubs have to give him the nomination. He has the key to their failure in his back pocket if he wants to use it.
I'm starting to think that Trump is a sleeper agent (perhaps unwittingly) for the left.

Not really the left, the money powers that control everything.

In fact, that's the game plan laid out in Quigley's tome.

Pit two stooges against each other so we fools think we actually have a choice.

Thinking like a long game con artist, perhaps the moneyed elites are worried a rebellion is brewing, and figure if they stick Trump in there, it will bleed off some frustration if we fools think he actually has a chance.

So instead of rioting and burning down cities, we'll tell each other, "Well, we gave it our best shot!" and go back to our mindless consumption for a few more years.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Interesting point. I always consider the "third party split our votes" to be a loser's lament. See Al Gore/Ralph Nader 2000. I also wonder how many possible Clinton voters went to Perot. That was a weird year.

Here's something I like to keep in mind when listening to bozo politicians from either party...when they promise "jobs," ignore. There is little a president can do to create jobs. One man in one branch of government isn't that powerful, though the people have imbued the presidency with a kind of majestic aura it doesn't deserve. Yes, government can affect change overall, but the president by himself is simply not a major factor. Look at Scott Walker as an example - 250,000 jobs promised when he ran for governor. The "jobs" promise is snake oil. If candidates stuck to issues where they can make a difference it would be refreshing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of think that Trump, like Ross Perot, didn't really expect to be president. And doesn't really want to be president. Now he finds himself as a frontrunner, I have a feeling he will try to do something to sabotage himself so he doesn't get elected. He may have already even tried a few things.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please god don't let Hillary be president. No more Clintons or Bushes please. Let's move forward. Also Trump is the most entertaining thing on TV right now. I love it. Breath of fresh air.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are fvcking crazy. You DO realize that the media, the establishment, etc WANT a PSYCHOPATH in the White House don't you?? As Trump says, These politicians (he's "debating) are "Too Nice." They are. They have NO souls. A PSYCHOPATH would pour acid on a child and not possess one pinch of guilt about it. They want the MOST "Political Correct" candidate to win. Even the judge who sentenced Ted Bundy LIKED Ted Bundy in the courtroom. These people are SICK, ALL of them.

Now, Trump is NOT sick. He is REAL, a real Human FEELING being. I teared up when I listened to this video with Greta. You can Tell the emotion just by looking at him that he's in it for his children, for the future of Everyone. Carl Icahn would be his treasury secretary. He would pick nothing but the Best for his cabinet, not people who Give him Money/special favors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwy7wn1vKUM brought tears to mine eyes seeing him speak here. There Really Should be better libel/slander laws in America. Great Britain is totally different in that regard where people can be sued for defamation/slander to one's reputation. These people are SICK!

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
23 million for the CNN Debate. The highest ratings for CNN ever. All because of Donald Trump. This is amazing.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
23 million for the CNN Debate. The highest ratings for CNN ever. All because of Donald Trump. This is amazing.
23 million is nothing. They were predicting over 60 million to watch. Far less than what was expected.

Obama and Romney had 67 million viewers watch their debate. Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan had 80 million viewers watch their debate in 1980 even before people had cable tv. If they get near those numbers then you can talk about it being amazing.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
23 million is nothing. They were predicting over 60 million to watch. Far less than what was expected.

Obama and Romney had 67 million viewers watch their debate. Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan had 80 million viewers watch their debate in 1980 even before people had cable tv. If they get near those numbers then you can talk about it being amazing.
A couple of points:

- Obama and Romney, as well as Carter and Reagan, were on free television.

- Who was predicting 60 million people were going to watch something on Cable?

- The CNN debate was the 10th most watched program on Cable ever. The Fox debate last month was I think the 8th or 9th. That's impressive, all due to Donald Trump.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/media/cnn-republican-debate-ratings/

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
A couple of points:

- Obama and Romney, as well as Carter and Reagan, were on free television.

- Who was predicting 60 million people were going to watch something on Cable?

- The CNN debate was the 10th most watched program on Cable ever. The Fox debate last month was I think the 8th or 9th. That's impressive, all due to Donald Trump.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/media/cnn-republican-debate-ratings/

Obama and Romney were on CNN as well. Most people pay for basic cable get CNN and the other channels, so 24 million isn't really that much. I was watching FOX and they were predicting a larger audience.

Trump will never be President.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
Obama and Romney were on CNN as well. Most people pay for basic cable get CNN and the other channels, so 24 million isn't really that much. I was watching FOX and they were predicting a larger audience.

Trump will never be President.
Why do you think Trump will never be President? I think at this point it depends on if he can survive on top for another 14 months, which is a pretty long and grueling process ahead.

Also with the ratings, understand you are comparing apples and oranges. Obama/Romney was the final couple of debates between the Democratic and Republican contenders for President. The debate was seen on all of the National TV channels (basic local channels) and all of the Cable channels.

The GOP Debate on CNN and FOX News were primaries, and only shown on the channels noted, not on multiple channels.

I'm not sure how you can't say that Donald Trump is amazing in terms of having produced the two highest rated political cable debates ever, AND produced two of the top 10 highest rated shows in cable history.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Why do you think Trump will never be President? I think at this point it depends on if he can survive on top for another 14 months, which is a pretty long and grueling process ahead.
Latinos will never vote for Trump. The Latino vote is important in winning elections. A lot of women and other minorities will never vote for Trump either. A lot of Republicans don't like him either. You need all those people to win important battleground states.

Tenacity said:
Also with the ratings, understand you are comparing apples and oranges. Obama/Romney was the final couple of debates between the Democratic and Republican contenders for President. The debate was seen on all of the National TV channels (basic local channels) and all of the Cable channels.

The GOP Debate on CNN and FOX News were primaries, and only shown on the channels noted, not on multiple channels.

I'm not sure how you can't say that Donald Trump is amazing in terms of having produced the two highest rated political cable debates ever, AND produced two of the top 10 highest rated shows in cable history.
Trump is a novelty. After people see what he's talking about, which isn't much, they're going to decide on a serious candidate that can actually win an election to defeat Clinton.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of TV ratings, you know who else really pulls them in?

Caitlyn Jenner! I'm thinking a Sanders/Jenner ticket would be unstoppable. After he gets elected, Bernie would keel over from a heart attack, leading to the world's first tranny president!!!

And then America would finally get the respect we deserve from the international community.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
Latinos will never vote for Trump. The Latino vote is important in winning elections. A lot of women and other minorities will never vote for Trump either. A lot of Republicans don't like him either. You need all those people to win important battleground states.

Trump is a novelty. After people see what he's talking about, which isn't much, they're going to decide on a serious candidate that can actually win an election to defeat Clinton.
If this is true, btw I think you're full of ****..then America is DOOMED. Who do you suggest besides Trump? I have one, but he is too old and would, as you say, "never win," but he is running, but he (nor his party) would EVER be Allowed to SPEAK/debate (due to Political Correctness). Who do YOU suggest? I'm ready to laugh.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
If this is true, btw I think you're full of ****..then America is DOOMED.
You're nuts if you think Latinos in battleground states will vote for Trump. Romney lost the last election because of the low Latino voting percentage.

Poonani Maker said:
Who do you suggest besides Trump? I have one, but he is too old and would, as you say, "never win," but he is running, but he (nor his party) would EVER be Allowed to SPEAK/debate (due to Political Correctness). Who do YOU suggest? I'm ready to laugh.
Too Old? Who is it?

I think all the candidates are flawed. Why do you think most of them are polling under 6%? Because they all suck.

Romney should run again, but the RNC won't let him. The man has the real business and political experience to run the country, unlike Trump who is a reality tv star making empty promises.