Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Here we go again, hairloss restarted

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short Im 31 average looking and suffering a receiding hairline.

It go thin in the sides of the front and now its getting thin even on the crown altought not that bad.

Im not yet at the point where I look so bad that I have to shave but I believe I have to do something.

Either trying finasteride (maybe couples with an AI to balance sides) or spend couple of thousand euros and get a self transplant.

If my skin wasnt so milky white and my nose was straight I would have tried a jason statham style but awfully cant.

Any opinion?

Anyone tried finasteride? Im concerned about drops in libido, strenght and muscles and aggressivity.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a thread on this where @marmel75 and @guru kindly went thru the pros and cons of finasteride and minoxidil. I ll link below.

For me they have worked well. I did have a minor run in with ED. It may just have been a combination of other factors. I now take a daily shot of pomegranate juice that put the lead back. There is some science behind the pom and its good for the heart too so I've add it to your routine.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
Long story short Im 31 average looking and suffering a receiding hairline.

It go thin in the sides of the front and now its getting thin even on the crown altought not that bad.

Im not yet at the point where I look so bad that I have to shave but I believe I have to do something.

Either trying finasteride (maybe couples with an AI to balance sides) or spend couple of thousand euros and get a self transplant.

If my skin wasnt so milky white and my nose was straight I would have tried a jason statham style but awfully cant.

Any opinion?

Anyone tried finasteride? Im concerned about drops in libido, strenght and muscles and aggressivity.
If you have light skin get some sun on you, darker scalp gives less contrast and the thin is not so noticeable.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Made some research and considering to use minoxidil.

Not trying finasteride since I believe Im gyno prone (had some tingling while running roids).

Now not sure if its worth to put it now keeping my hair medium lenght or its better to shave it all to spread it better.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Who Dares Win Did that linked thread help? I imagine it's quite a common issue for guys if you found some better research please post it back here.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Who Dares Win Did that linked thread help? I imagine it's quite a common issue for guys if you found some better research please post it back here.
There are a lot of info in that thread many of them I found again while researching.

Personally Im not even considering the finasteride option, the possible sides are way too heavy also as much as DHT its a curse for hair, its also a blessing for libido, strenght and aggressivity which are basically what makes an average guy like me able to compete against gifted but timid guys.
Certain studies connect DHT level with sense of satisfaction, better mood and self confidence plus many functions of the brain like spatial abilities and emotional stability.

When it comes of minoxidil the sides seems tolerable given you're not one of the few who get them heavy.
Im considering that one but in the long run I believe I'll either chose the surgery or the jason statham look.
I've never been the cute guy with long hair and pretty face so its not gonna make too much difference in the long run.

Plus keeping my hair is the only thing that stops me from running steroids so no hair no limitations.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the past several years I've been shaving my head 1-2 x's per week using a razor and shaving cream. I get a lot of compliments and people telling me that I "have the right-shaped head for it."

I was well into having a receding hairline when I ran the first of several steroid cycles in 2006 (I'm 45), so the thought of losing more hair never mattered.

I invite you to consider shaving your head bald, using your own razor. There's a certain manliness to doing it yourself. You might not like the results and I don't even know if you have the look for it, but I see no harm in trying. In my opinion a new style can be very liberating.
The more time pass the more I consider doing it, wondering if cutting it all very short with a machine instead of a razor would do too.

I checked around and basically it works better with people with dark or tanned skin, I guess I'll have to use some self tanning cream or take some sun cause Im milky white.

Did you notice any difference in the kind of women who gave you positive feedbacks after shaving? what about other men?

imported

Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil/rogaine (regaine in the EU) is a waste of time. The results is just some extra peach fuzz and not worth the effort. It works by sending extra blood supply to the follicles to roid up hairs that are going to drop dead anyway as it's too little too late.

Propecia/finas actually works but as you know there are side effects including possible permanent ED. If you do it then I wouldn't take more than half of the usual 1mg a day (so not over 0.5mg a day) and you should still get 80% of the effect. It's worth noting that doctors are much more cautious prescribing finasteride because of the new potential side effects especially the irreversible ED.

There is also a shampoo called nizoral that can assist in hair growth. Actually your hair feels much better when you use it anyway, but don't over use.

The above are considered the 'big 3' for hair restoration, but unfortunately it's not sustainable and eventually you'll lose the hair. If you do a hair transplant then existing hair (designed to fall) will eventually fall and you'll need 'top-ups' for extra grafts.

Choice is yours!

imported

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems more women are into hair these days. All kinds of nice compliments though.
Most attractive women under 30 don't even consider it. I remember one of my plates mentioned that her ex's receding hair was the cause of their breakup, and another talked about this attractive guy but that he's bald so it's a deal-breaker.

Then again some girls like the bald guy, but only if he's jacked and kind of smart.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the other thread guys. Finasteride can have dire sides but I've read multiple papers and this was only found to happen in a very small percentage of cases. And even in those cases the effects mainly went away with discontinuing use. I've been taking finasteride for over 10 years now. Last night I gave the girlfriend the good news 3 times.
So it obviously doesn't kill libido in every case. I'm not saying use it I'm saying read the research and make up your own mind.

Note I do include a lot of foods in my diet that have been found 2 help keep the little fella up standing. Read the thread I linked for a list if you had to do just one I'd say pomegranate juice