Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Death/dying and My dad just called to tell me he's not doing well

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts & prayers & strength & comfort to you and your father, LYD. Traveling a similar road myself presently.

You have my utmost empathy & compassion.

Helping frail parents is not for sissies. Do all you can & support him all you can. Your presence reflects your love & respect.

Peace,
BE

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in healthcare, as do many of my peers. The first few times one sees a person in various states of disrepair, it kind of gets to you, but eventually we become a bit numb to it. It's only when someone we care about suffers some affliction that is becomes real again. Even then, it is difficult to grieve.

That being said, we can still enjoy simple pleasures with our loved ones who are gradually passing on, while they are still here, mainly by talking to them, listening to their advice, and stories, which are what they really want to pass along, fundamentally. I have been devastated by the passing of loved ones; but what I find helps is knowing and remembering that they had pleasures in their lives, @LiveYourDream .

I take comfort that change is always in the air and there is a silver lining to all things, especially a human being's existence.

This is a difficult time, but I wish great power to you and yours.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that...I am dealing with something similar with my Mother right now...she is nearly 80 years old and never spent a day in a hospital in her life(other than when she gave birth to me), but yet over the last month she has spent nearly a week and a half, and is still there as I type this, but hopefully will be out within a few days. Death comes knocking for us all at some point, no matter how much you try to stave it off. She exercised, cooked healthy real foods every day, never smoke or drank, but yet still somehow wound up with pancreatic cancer out of nowhere. Prognosis is that it is surgically removable, but even if the tumor gets removed, long term survival rates are not good.

She has come to grips with it, she has told me she lived a good life, and that she is OK with whatever happens. She tells me to take care of my father when she is gone, because he will need me. I tell her not to talk like that but deep down, I know she probably isn't going to be around more than a year or two. Its tough. I try to put on a brave face and not let it bother me, but somedays I just break down and cry for no reason. I was walking into the hospital the other day and I saw a little girl, maybe 5 years old, outside walking hooked up to an IV machine, with a mask over her face and her Dad pushing the IV stand along and she was so happy running around like little kids do, seemingly unaware that she was dying...at least I made it to the hospital lobby bathroom before I broke down in tears thinking it could be my daughter...

LYD, spend as much time as you can with your Dad or you will regret it the rest of your life...

Glassguy

Reaction score
Best of luck and I appreciate the help you have given and additions to the chats.

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LYD .... You have helped me a lot lately and I wish I could return the favour ... All the best and hope to hear off you soon.

Dan