Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

are skinny guys attractive?

PostMalone

Reaction score
Hi, I really want to bulk up. I weigh 106 as a freshmen, I wonder if girls have no interest in me. From all of your experience, in your school, do you notice skinny guys dating attractive girls?

Please don't say "it depends on the guy," or "some girls do."

I don't want to bulk up as a freshmen if its not necessary. It' shard it is for me to gain weight.... I eat A LOT of calorie dense foods, Eggs, Rice, and on top I have a large amount of ice cream before i sleep. I can't gain any weight. I don't want to turn this into a body building thread, but in high school boy's bodies are still developing, and I'm not sure if girls have strict body standards...

Last edited:

custardpie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat more.

Being jacked in school will set you apart from 95% of the other guys there.

Reaction score
I have had 2 or 3 girls admit to me on my last cruise that although they didn't think my face was anything special, they still wanted to hook up with me because I had a nice body and was overall a really cool guy. I also know a few pretty unattractive Junior guys who have incredibly nice bodies hook up with tons of girls. For me, building muscle gave me a lot more confidence in myself as well, so it definitely helped. I doubt girls have strict standards, as I have many skinny friends who get girls, but they would prefer a lean guy over a skinny guy.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop the ice cream before going to sleep, eat cheese or ham instead, you want to get bigger but lean not be the "strong fat guy".

Feel free to add protein powders if you find yourself unable to reach a decent amount with food only, use olive oil which is calories full and helps to increase testosterone levels.

Go heavy in the gym with multijoint exercises once you master the technique, sleep at least 8 hours per night and avoid all unnecessary stress.

A strong well made body is an amazing tool to feel great and look great, girls will notice your muscles and ratios as much as you notice theirs, its not just a matter of size but harmony and ratios between shoulder and hips or back and arms and so on.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course slim guys are attractive. Otherwise girls think you would be no good as a husband (no good in bed).

There's a reason why a guy calls another guy "fatso" in the 1950s and then you look at him and he looks "normal" by today's standards. Everybody very conscious of this fact of life back in the days of sanity.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

yungballa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at track practice this one day and we were stretching. I remember this one girl saying "I like skinny boys. Muscles are just ugh... I don't know why, I just like skinny boys."

She was referring to this one guy on our team who was pretty built. He wasn't even all that ripped or anything, he was just slightly muscular yet that girl said she preferred skinny boys, and that she didnt really like muscles. I was surprised to be honest. She just said it with outright confidence, too. (right now she dates my friend whos skinny as hell.)

I'm pretty sure all girls have different preferences.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post a photo. Seriously, otherwise you won't get any real help. People will just tell you to eat and bulk, but you already knew that.

P.S. when girls say they don't like muscles, they think of oiled up bodybuilders with tiny speedo pants. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls like muscle, no doubt about it. It's makes you look masculine, strong, healthy. And since we live in a society where we are being bombarded with images of good looking bodies through adverts and magazines on a daily basis, women want a piece of that more than ever.

When girls say they don't like muscles, they mean bodybuilding type bodies, which you will never have unless you takes tons of steroids and train for many years. So don't worry.

Yes, some girls might genuinely like skinny guys, but they are not the norm.

In my experience, almost all women like a built guy. It definitely is an advantage. Plus, they will be willing to do more for you in bed since you have a good looking body.

mynameisntNigel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rich women prefer skinny, sleek, tall guys. It's a studied fact: they even might find some muscular guys unattractive.

(I'm blessed with being bigger *looks over at little brother trapped under dumbbells* *laughs*)

Midnight_Oil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure they do. I look all around me see them with guys wearing skinny jeans. Makes me wonder why I bother going to the gym.

You should still lift and gain weight though.

I can't imagine navigating this world without being strong.

casanova_goat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I know a lot of chicks (in high school and beyond) like skinny dudes, especially tall and skinny. I'm sure you can bulk up some and increase your appeal but it's not really a matter of your attractiveness increasing in proportion to the size of your biceps. Women like the lean Brad Pitt look and (outside of a small minority of women) nothing more. Of course you could lift for yourself and not for an aesthetic which women gravitate towards.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh... no. take it from a guy that graduated high school at 5'11 105 lbs.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
dude u dont need to BULK UP...but coming from a guy who was also like 110lbs freshman year...ur gonna wanna add some muscle so you dont get your ass handed to you.

If i were you id focus on military type workouts. running/pushups/pullups/body weight squats/ABS! Ya know, stuff you can do in your room or whatever. Thats how I started. Once u get a decent little muscle base going (which you will if you are doing lots of body weight stuff)...you will eventually have that bruce lee body going then its type to hit the weight room with the big boys.

consider lifting and maintaining a jacked physique a lifetime contract. you should be thinking in your head that you will ALWAYS be lifting and exercising for the remainder of your life. should be an eternal habit for you.

Buy protein, some good **** not some sugar filled mass gainer thats disgusting. an just got HAM bro.